Chuwi hi12 Pressure Sensitive Stylus - Video Reviews - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Reviews Video Reviews Chuwi hi12 Pressure Sensitive Stylus

Follow Us

[Hi12] Chuwi hi12 Pressure Sensitive Stylus

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:11-29-2016 01:20:50 View:3359|Reply:8

Edited by emily at 12-16-2016 17:39

Video display of Chuwi hi12 Pressure Sensitive Stylus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpwB9vDI4DM&feature=youtu.be

Use magic Report

ssaswe| Post time 3-29-2016 18:00:45 | Show all posts
Where can I bay these pens to my Hi12 touchpads  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

PiT| Post time 3-29-2016 19:01:10 | Show all posts
Hi, I think Chuwi ones and made by Chuwi are still not available so You have to wait till Stylus version will be available ;)

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-29-2016 20:05:18 | Show all posts
The stylus by made Chuwi will be sold in April.

Use magic Report

Gareth79| Post time 3-30-2016 05:18:19 | Show all posts
Will this work on all Hi12 tablets, or only a special pen version?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-30-2016 19:11:06 | Show all posts
Gareth79 replied at 3-30-2016 05:18
Will this work on all Hi12 tablets, or only a special pen version?

only a special pen version  

Use magic Report

Braca| Post time 10-9-2016 19:20:24 | Show all posts
Is there any way to tune the stylus to be a bit more responsive and reduce the lag?

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 10-30-2016 04:36:16 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 10-30-2016 07:37
Braca replied at 10-9-2016 22:20
Is there any way to tune the stylus to be a bit more responsive and reduce the lag?

I haven't seen any noticable lag with the pen. Can you provide more details? Is this in all applications or a particular application?

Use magic Report

bitbang3r| Post time 11-29-2016 01:20:50 | Show all posts
Braca replied at 10-9-2016 19:20

I've noticed that it seems to have at least twice as much lag under Android as it does under Windows. If I draw a wavy line at a comfortable writing speed, the gap between the current location of the stylus and the last pixel drawn seems to be about 2cm under Android, and 1cm under Windows.

Unfortunately, the Hi12 has the same problem as every other general-purpose tablet computer -- the display's framerate is limited to 60fps, and the digitizer's sample rate is limited to about 120hz. As a practical matter, it would be almost impossible to achieve input latencies less than 15ms under those hardware constraints. For comparison, 10ms latency is readily-perceptible, and 20ms latency is enough to make it feel "sluggish" or "sloppy".

Making matters worse, the way Android composes triple-buffered video frames isn't very efficient. Most Android devices (especially those with ultra hi-res displays) are going to struggle to achieve anything faster than 30fps. And even if the OS and hardware can do 60fps, most software is STILL going to drag the effective framerate down to 30fps or less.

Compounding the problem further, you can still draw dozens of pixels in 1/120th of a second with a fast stroke. You could minimize latency by rendering the jagged lines in realtime & smoothing them out a few frames later in a background thread (and in fact, some Android apps make this an option), but most software tries to do the smoothing before rendering anything at all, which takes a bad latency problem and makes it even worse.

As a practical matter, a tablet would need a digitizer sample rate of 500hz or 1000hz, and a display with controller capable of driving it at 120fps (ideally, 240fps) to eliminate most of the perceptible lag & latency (say, 95% of it). To eliminate 100% of it and achieve an effect that's literally visually-indistinguishable from pen on paper, you'd need a 500fps framerate and a 1000hz sampling rate. Motion blur can partially compensate for lower framerates in VIDEO, and increasing the sampling rate allows you to reduce or eliminate time-consuming curve-smoothing, but the only thing that's going to visibly decrease the input lag once you've fully-optimized your software is a higher framerate.  

As far as I know, NO currently-available Android/Windows tablet has a 120fps display. Some models of the Wacom Cintiq tablets MIGHT have 120fps displays, but the Cintiq isn't a general-purpose tablet computer... it's literally a dedicated high-end input device whose firmware does NOTHING besides read the digitizer, update the display as quickly as possible, and relay any changes to the host computer running Photoshop.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list