Root Chuwi HI10 Pro/VI10 Plus by yener90 - page 4 - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Root Chuwi HI10 Pro/VI10 Plus by yener90

Follow Us

Root Chuwi HI10 Pro/VI10 Plus by yener90

[Copy link]

yener90|Post time:3-15-2017 10:55:20 View:10966|Reply:42

amin| Post time 11-29-2016 20:07:21 | Show all posts
Hi all,
I tried to root my chuwi 10 pro by this way but it doesn't work for me. I don't know. I can't access to recovery mode. when I push volume down and power or volume up and power, the tablet goes down and get off. and I have to wait 5 minutes and after that I can power it up again.
maybe there is something that I don't know about. would you please put a video?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Degriz| Post time 1-11-2017 15:33:04 | Show all posts
Edited by Degriz at 1-11-2017 16:35
yener90 replied at 10-25-2016 14:11
It is for RemixOS. There is no official Android OS for Hi10 Pro

Hi Yener90,

My last Hi10 Pro failed and I had to send it back. I just received the replacement under warranty, only took almost 3 months. The model they have sent has a different processor the Cherry Trail x5-Z8350 and comes with windows 10 and Android 5.1 not remix OS. I was wondering whether you have any knowledge of how to root this device? or if you could point me in the right direction.

I have done a little investigation and it seems it is a slighter later version of stock android than you have in one of your earlier posts. I think I can use your method to root this device the only slight worry I have is that although the bootloader states it is unlocked when I try "fastboot flash boot %workdir%TWRP-recovery\hi10pro-unlocked_boot.img" or "fastboot reboot" it says "waiting for device" and if I try "fastboot devices" it says "no permissions fastboot" which I assume means the bootloader is NOT unlocked.

I don't want to rush in and use your unlocked boot loader img untill I have done more research. Whats your opinion? do you think it safe to flash this boot loader. I have also noticed that the recovery mode is different than on my original Hi10 pro which make me think the bootloader maybe as well.

Any advice would be welcome.

android about screen

android about screen

Use magic Report

Degriz| Post time 1-19-2017 16:39:10 | Show all posts
Just a quick post to say that I have managed to root the new HI10pro with serial Number starting HQ64 when I have time I will post how I did it if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_2017-01-20-00-31-53.png

Use magic Report

Swizz| Post time 1-24-2017 10:00:04 | Show all posts
Degriz replied at 1-19-2017 16:39
Just a quick post to say that I have managed to root the new HI10pro with serial Number starting HQ6 ...

yes, very interested - please post what you can - thank you in advance!

Use magic Report

Enzo88| Post time 3-3-2017 14:06:20 | Show all posts
Just a quick post to say that I have managed to root the new HI10pro with serial Number starting HQ6 ...

hello my friend, i olso have the chuwi hi10 pro dual hq64 and i urgently need directions to root it, cause i have no access to playstore. help meout mate please!!!! Thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

longjohn119| Post time 3-9-2017 01:23:52 | Show all posts
I tried this on a Hi10 and now I'm stuck on the select wifi screen which no longer seems to work and neither does the touch screen (I had to plug in a mouse to select language)

I also no longer have ADB access since I can't get back in to enabled the developer settings

Thankfully Windows still boot because it looks like Android is totally hosed now .....

Use magic Report

longjohn119| Post time 3-9-2017 05:45:38 | Show all posts
I reloaded Android and looked at the batch files and figured out why it didn't work ..... Until someone comes up with the alternative images for the Hi10 'regular' it's not going to be doable.

Anyway I still have other problems like not being able to uninstall any apps I installed ... even after a fresh reinstall of Android all I get is a reboot and the app is still there ...... It's the most stupid thing I've seen on an Android device .....

Use magic Report

argmachine| Post time 3-9-2017 11:25:21 | Show all posts

So am I, super interested and looking forward for a step-by-step tutorial as wonderfully written and detailed as your previous post! HQ64 without RemixOS but Android stock, shipped in February 2017. Thanks!

Use magic Report

Degriz| Post time 3-15-2017 09:58:56 | Show all posts
Sorry its been a while I've been very busy. I will try and remeber all the steps I took to get this model rooted and try and post it on my next day off

Use magic Report

Degriz| Post time 3-15-2017 10:55:20 | Show all posts
I just had a look at my notes and it turns out it was pretty straight forword and mostly based, infact wholely based, on @yener90 first post. I will try and write a step by step guide but, to get you started you will need to start with yener90 Hi10pro toolbox see his original post. (click the link for "Hi10 Pro")

Then follow yener90 instructions for preparation.

I don't know if it is the case with all Hi10 pro HQ64 versions but mine came, luckily, with an unlocked boot image if yours doesn't then this will probably not work. You should be able to check by rebooting to bootloader and it will say whether it is locked or not. If it is locked I personally would not risk updating the bootloader with the one that comes with yener90's Hi10pro toolbox.

Also please note that I did this in Linux not windows but it shouldn't make a difference.

So if your bootloader is unlocked you can skip yener90 first step and go straight to the second and all should work. Before doing that though you will have to replace the twrp image that comes with that toolkbox as it doesn't work well with HQ64 version of this tablet. You can download the latest version from http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/TWRP/ scroll down till you find the version for HQ64. download the image and put it in the TWRP-recovery folder of the Hi10pro toolbox and rename it to "hi10pro-TWRP-recovery.img" over writting the image already in that directory.

Once you have done that just follow these steps within a command prompt, which may need admin rights. Make sure you CD to the folder you unziped the Hi10pro toolbox to. If you've done everthing correctly you should just be able to run Outside_boot-TWRP-recovery.bat from the toolboxand everyhting should work fine.

Just in case here are the steps you need to take if you want to do it manually.

1. BIN\adb kill-server
2. BIN\adb wait-for-device
3. plug device in
4. BIN\adb push TWRP-recovery\UPDATE-SuperSU.zip /sdcard/
5. BIN\adb shell mkdir /sdcard/TWRP
6. BIN\adb push TWRP-recovery\.twrps /sdcard/TWRP/
7. BIN\adb reboot bootloader
8. BIN\fastboot boot %workdir%TWRP-recovery\hi10pro-TWRP-recovery.img

You should now be in TWRP recovery just select INSTALL choose you sdcard and select SuperSU.zip.

Once thats done you should be rooted.

I hope this helps people.

Also please note that I had many problems with trying to get exFAT to work the file supplied by yener90 only kinda works and has some real quirks. For instance if the sdcard was plugged in at boot the driver wouldn't get started and therefore an exfat sdcard would not be found. I did find some work arounds for this but they were to clunky for my liking so eventually I gave up on version of android that came with the tablet and switched to cyanogen mod which I can highly recommend, also doesn't need rooting as it is built in.

P.S. This is almost in its entirety based on @yener90 work and he deserves all of the credit I just spent some time experimenting and googling to make it work for this model.

P.P.S. I got frustrated when I couldn't root my tablet so I tried the unlocked boot.img from yener90 toolbox, luckily it wouldn't install because my bootloader was already unlocked thats how I found that out. If your bootloader is locked I WOULD NOT TRY INSTALLING THAT BOOTLOADER as there are changes to the bios in this model of the tablet. You have been warned you could brick your tablet.

P.P.P.S. I take no responsibility should any thing go wrong try this at your own risk. It worked for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list