ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Chuwi Vi-10 plus,Cannot connect to Windows 7 PC or c ...

Follow Us

Chuwi Vi-10 plus,Cannot connect to Windows 7 PC or change screen resolution!

[Copy link]

sentella4d|Post time:2-23-2017 23:56:21 View:745|Reply:8

Edited by sentella4d at 9-26-2016 17:46

Hello Guys;
I'm new to the forum.I just purchased my Vi-10 plus 32G,iwth the Remix O.S. 2.0. The problem I am having is that my Windows 7 PC's will not even recognize that the device is even connected.No sound when tablet is connected, nor device is listed in the device manager.I have installed the driver packages,adb and fast boot are installed,and both work correctly with my CoolPad phone.The tablet is not listed in the terminal window, when the adb devices command is typed.

I have been trying to figure this out, endlessly scouring the internet for a clue,but nothing I have tried works.Neither of my computers will recognize that anything is being connected at all.I have tested the otg adapter with a flash drive,mouse and keyboard and all work perfectly.Also, I did test the otg cable with other android devices, so it does work. I am at the end of my wits,PLease Help!!

The other issue I am having is I cannot open the root terminal by presing ALT + F1 with the keyboard. I had to download a terminal from playstore, to execute the wm density and size commands. But they do not work,I cannot change to any other resolution. I tried modifying the wm size or wm density values frm the terminal,but it will always throws me an error.I need to change the resolution to improve gaming performance. I want to make the tablet dual boot and root it, but I cannnot find a Way since i cannot connect through adb to any computer.Is there a way to install android with the sd card?.

Sorry for the long winded post,I hope anybody can help me. Many Thanks!
Sentella4d

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 9-26-2016 08:06:32 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Pardon my asking, but are you connecting the tablet in fastboot mode. I.e. by pressing vol +  and vol -  keys during power on. ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

sentella4d| Post time 9-26-2016 17:40:01 | Show all posts
deejay1963 replied at 9-26-2016 08:06
Pardon my asking, but are you connecting the tablet in fastboot mode. I.e. by pressing vol +  and vo ...

Hello;
I tried  to connect in fastboot mode as you said, but the computer does not recognize anything at all. No connect signal noise from windows , it is like I have not connected anything at all, like the device does not exist.
Thanks,Alex.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 9-26-2016 19:39:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Intel adb drivers installed correctly in your win7 machine.??

Use magic Report

sentella4d| Post time 9-27-2016 12:59:00 | Show all posts
Hello deejay,
I tried different versions of thee Intel adb drivers  including the last version which I think is 1.10.I also installed the  USB soc drivers.Verified that both adb and fastboot was installed and operational.
Thanks,sentella4d

Use magic Report

sentella4d| Post time 9-27-2016 13:02:32 | Show all posts
Edited by sentella4d at 9-27-2016 13:03

Hello deejay,
I tried different versions of the adb drivers including the last version which I think is 1.10. I installed the soc usb driver, and  checked that adb is installed and operational with a different android phone.
Thanks,sentella4d

Use magic Report

sentella4d| Post time 9-30-2016 12:50:43 | Show all posts
Edited by sentella4d at 9-30-2016 12:54

Hello guys;

After a week of endless searching in the internet for the answer,I pretty much had given up hope. I tried all available options to get  the thing conected to any PC whatsoever, but no avail. But my persiverence paid of,I got my Chuwi VI-10 plus connected. I must give props to our felllow user Elm, a newbie like myself for the simple solution. I found the answer in:

[Tutorial] How to reinstall Android and Windows for Chuwi Vi10 Plus
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html
(出处: Chuwi Forum).

This post jut came was from five days ago, post #17;

"My tablet came with a charger like this https://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm- ... =1474790786&sr=1-14
and a USB-a to USB-C cable.

To make the tablet detected, here is what I've done :
- Install the android drivers for windows : http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=46032
- Set tablet to recovery mode
- Plug the cable that came with the tablet : USB-A into th PC, USB-C in to the tablet
- Run the intel phone tool

The connection do not work on the micro-usb port, and it does not work neither with a micro-usb cable and an adaptor to USB-C. Only worked with the cable that came with the charger."

Yep,NO MICRO USB HOST CONNECTION, only USB-C to USB-A. It worked!!!

I must really thank Elm for the answer

But  nowhere in this forum,or in the internet for that matter, after dozens of hours invested on just trying to get this figured out ,did I see that USB Host Mode only works in the USB-C connector for the Vi-10 plus or any other Tablet for that matter.. All other tablets  that I have seen before always  use the micro otg adapter and all instructions say so specifically, except, of course our Vi-10 plus. It has been beyond frustrating, but a learning experience.
I sincerely hope that in the future, Chuwi should make sure to be specific and clear about such an important detail, it has cost me a almost a week's work,.

Thanks,Sentella4d

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 9-30-2016 18:18:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Glad that it worked for you. Your persistance paid off. Its a good example that by sharing we learn a lot.

Use magic Report

pqillu| Post time 2-23-2017 23:56:21 | Show all posts
Hi!

Thxs Sentella4d to share your experience

But I'm novice with this tablet, and I don't know how to set tablet to recovery mode. Can you help me?

Thxs in advance

PQillu

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list