ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro Chuwi Hibook Pro Screen Glitching On Windows 10 Mode

Follow Us

Chuwi Hibook Pro Screen Glitching On Windows 10 Mode

[Copy link]

eldorado_allman|Post time:10-25-2016 23:28:43 View:7318|Reply:58

eldorado_allman| Post time 10-15-2016 08:48:36 | Show all posts

o

Edited by eldorado_allman at 10-15-2016 08:54
Ghosty-JH replied at 10-14-2016 10:43
Forget what I said, well part of it, left my Hi book pro on the side while charging closed against t ...

I think you're right bro, this glitching problem might be caused by the wifi thing, cause when I turn off the wifi no glitch appear, online when I turn on the wifi it appears again, I was curious about what mightychuwi said "..insufficient shielding of LCD connections from WiFi interference." so I was thinking that maybe if I use some kind of external device to connect to a wifi without direct connection from the tablet itself might get rid of the problem, luckily I have a wifi dongle at home (mine's TP-LINK) so then I use the dongle to connect to my router. I haven't got any problem, no  screen glitching appears again.. so far. I'll try this for a few days ahead and report back.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-15-2016 09:07:21 | Show all posts
I have been trying a similar line, using the tp-link Wi-Fi dongle for my pi, and getting good results, looing for a teardown manual / video to see how to take this thing apart, to see if I can add additional shielding to the Wi-Fi. this should help, another problem I have found is todo with the ribbon cable attached to the lcd if this is damaged, the screen will glitch and flicker, this can only be rectified by a new ribbon cable. can these be sent from chuwi directly, as sending my tablet back to china/hk would cost more than its worth. I really don't want a paperweight, and considering its only been with me for 2 days I'm fairly sure its covered.  

Use magic Report

MightyChuwi| Post time 10-15-2016 10:03:51 | Show all posts
Edited by MightyChuwi at 10-15-2016 10:05

Have you tried changing your wifi router channel? (since the flciker is not in Android) try that first......before you pry open the tablet. Since its ogs if you are not careful u can damage digitizer and lcd both and you will have to pay $100+ for the new unit....

MightyChuwi

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-15-2016 11:15:03 | Show all posts
Yes, pulling the unit apart is last resort, im no stranger to tacking tablets apart i have a samsung galaxy tab 3, that need taking apart often to reset the battery. However im currently unable to access my router channels as it pass protected andmy dad cant remembrr the password, i have requested a forcdd reset but that will take time.

@eldorado_allman, i was checking using my tp link dongle attached to both the keyboard and usb c, there is initial glitching when switching but after a few moments the screen stabalises and all is well. One thing to note, when moving to a different room ie putting some distance between the device and powerline adaptor the screen is fine, so it is definatly wifi related. Im just yet to pin down exact cause.

Use magic Report

Ghosty-JH| Post time 10-18-2016 08:24:14 | Show all posts
Mightychuwi, i finally got into my router, tried  changing the channel was 6 now back on auto, there was no change still glitching, so i have requested a refund from the seller, and will havd to buy elsewhere.

Is this issue a big one, i mean how many users are effected, did i just get a bad device anc most are fine etc

Ghisty

Use magic Report

jowi| Post time 10-22-2016 03:02:53 | Show all posts
Hi,
I'm facing the same problem with my Hibook Pro. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/WdbhbJcbvsU This problem happens not only at home, but also when connected to my University's WIFI. As I can't do nothing else but talk to the seller, I think I'll ask for a refund. It's a shame, as I have spent so many hours trying to fix the problem.

Jowi

Use magic Report

Nikojiro| Post time 10-23-2016 22:36:43 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi there, I got mine last Friday and experiencing the exact same issue. No glitch if I deactivate the internal wifi adapter and use an USB dongle instead. I've updated to the latest Windows version overnight, and will report if anything changed. There is a BIOS update available too, I'll have to check my current version.

Use magic Report

radiankh121| Post time 10-25-2016 05:12:07 | Show all posts
Fixed the glitching on my by changing router to channel 1 but my screen glitches only showed up after installing new windows build so no idea what caused it

Use magic Report

Nikojiro| Post time 10-25-2016 06:20:14 | Show all posts
Edited by Nikojiro at 10-25-2016 06:21

I updated Win 10 to build 1607 (Anniversary Updates) plus all latest security updates, the glitch seemed to happen less often. I've since flashed the BIOS provided in the official downloads and fingers crossed, it seems the glitch has disappeared. I've tried downloading a big gae from GoG.com to have some heavy wifi activity. I'm on my office guest wifi, so I'll have to confirm that it doesn'yt glitch at home anymore before considering this a valid fix.

Use magic Report

Nikojiro| Post time 10-25-2016 23:28:43 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Still glitches like crazy at home CV after flashing the BIOS. I'll have to try some more wifi hotspots, and try changing the router channel at home. Really weird issue. I'm probably going to send the tab back for exchange or refund.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list