Hi10 Pro - How to enable full pen support in windows 10 ?? - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro - How to enable full pen support in windows ...

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro - How to enable full pen support in windows 10 ??

[Copy link]

ErJee|Post time:10-17-2017 13:41:54 View:2399|Reply:6

Edited by ErJee at 10-13-2016 11:37

I have a Chuwi Hi10 Pro + the H2 stylus. Both work together OK, I can draw/write in OneNote or use the stylus to click small buttons in file explorer.

But I can't seem to write with my stylus in Windows 10 Sticky Notes.

Also when I go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Pen & Touch
There are no settings for pen, only settings for touch.

If you navigate to Settings -> System - > About
Next to the title "Pen and Touch" it only says touch support is enabled.

What registry or BIOS setting do I need to edit to enable full pen support in Windows 10?

Use magic Report

ErJee| Post time 10-31-2016 12:00:57 | Show all posts
Additionally the Drawboard PDF app doesn't recognize the pen as a pen.
Only if you change the settings to annotate using touch prompt, you can write with the pen in PDF documents.
After this change in settings the app works fine and writing and drawing works very good.

Does anyone else know of any apps that only support the H2 stylus in touch-mode instead of pen-mode?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ammar.alshaer| Post time 11-8-2016 03:51:09 | Show all posts
i have the same problem when using photoshop
like u said it doesn't read it as a pen, it consider it like a finger touch
and i didn't find a solution for it till now !

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 11-11-2016 06:25:05 | Show all posts
I found this http://www.windowscentral.com/ho ... orkspace-windows-10 and then it is there, you can add the icon for the pen in the tray.
It then shows the pen icon in the taskbar.

config -> personal -> taskbar -> system icons.. (or something as I translate this from Dutch...)

Only thing is, there still is no config in the config -> devices..
When clicking, touching or pointing the inkWorkspace in the taskbar the apps supporting i come up. Only thing is that the Sticky notes just don't pick this up... all the rest does.
I can't tell for Photoshop... but then again.. photoshop on a tablet?

Use magic Report

Tree5| Post time 9-7-2017 16:39:04 | Show all posts
I have  Chuwi Hi 10 Plus.  

I tried to enable Windows Ink and it does not work because Windows does not see the H2 Pen as a Pen.  Under Pen and Touch Settings, the only option we get is touch.  Windows Ink automatically works when it sees you have a real pen.

Can someone in Chuwi make drivers for the Hi Pen H2 to correctly show as a pen. (Like the Surface Pen does) please??

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 9-7-2017 22:45:04 | Show all posts
What registry or BIOS setting do I need to edit to enable full pen support in Windows 10?

Fundamentally, the pen is not a pen in the windows sense. It is as if you have a very accurate finger. The whole windows ink business is missing. It is quite appalling that chuwi's web site advertises the pen as if it had windows support.

Use magic Report

joshcsmith13| Post time 10-17-2017 13:41:54 | Show all posts
And if I'm not mistaken, they advertise varying levels of sensitivity/pressure for the pen, which is not true.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list