ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus [Solved] Hi10 Plus - Delete Windows & Increase Remix ...

Follow Us

[Solved] Hi10 Plus - Delete Windows & Increase Remix Storage

[Copy link]

dreamyskull|Post time:8-6-2017 19:14:33 View:1586|Reply:8

Edited by doodzilla at 8-7-2017 20:26

Dear All,

I have recently bought a  Chuwi Hi 10 Plus Dual Boot Tablet (4GB/64GB, Remix OS+Windows, 10.8'').

I would like only Remix OS on it and thus get rid of the Windows partition. I am surveying if this can be done.

Albeit, I have read a few methods on different forums and here as well, there is still no coherent and complete methodology explained. There are many unanswered questions.

What is required?

• Remove Windows Partition
  • Increase storage reserved from Remix OS to occupy the full 64 GB space availabe in this tablet

Some information with help of other users like you that I have gathered:
  • Reloading Stock Remix OS (official Chuwi Firmware download section, thanks Emily) can give the option to retain or erase Windows partition but the flashing method does not allow you to increase Remix storage space
  • GParted Live method (thanks Mouaisien & the French forum) allows you to boot from an USB to give you an interface to review the partitions and modify them but different users had issues with extending/resizing the Remix/Android partition after Windows partition was deleted. Maybe Linux expertes can offer help here on how to merge non-contiguous partitions (i.e. partition not next to each other)
  • TWRP Recovery method (thanks Marble & KonstaT from MoDaCo forum ) that requires root access and allows you to install custom ROMs but it does not highlight on extending/deleting/merging partition size to extend storage for RemixOS

I am looking for solutions, that can be compiled, tried and tested to see if the above can be achieved.

Any help, suggestions, links appreciated.

Please note that I have created a separate thread as I did not want to add this information under Firmware section and also there was no dedicated development thread fo Hi 10 Plus.

Looking forward to suggestions.

cheers,
Sunny

Use magic Report

Tablet_CN| Post time 10-23-2016 22:40:01 | Show all posts
Hey, any updates?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-23-2016 23:51:10 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Have you tried the modified gpt.bin method.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-23-2016 23:53:47 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/resize-android-partition-the-easy-way-for-x98-serie/

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-23-2016 23:55:48 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
It should work for chuwi tablets too. I have not tried it, so post back your observation incase you try it.

Use magic Report

dreamyskull| Post time 10-25-2016 00:29:39 | Show all posts
deejay1963 replied at 10-23-2016 23:55
It should work for chuwi tablets too. I have not tried it, so post back your observation incase you  ...

Thanks @deejay1963

I will try it and will surely report back my experience.

I need to find some time for this.

Right now I am busy with learning to mix my own ejuice for my vaping needs

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 5-18-2017 08:16:48 | Show all posts
dreamyskull replied at 10-25-2016 16:29
Thanks @deejay1963

I will try it and will surely report back my experience.

Update? Vaping needs satiated yet? Hehe.

Use magic Report

OtterDad| Post time 7-30-2017 08:20:57 | Show all posts
deejay1963 replied at 10-23-2016 23:53
http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/resize-android-partition-the-easy-way-for-x98-serie/

I can confirm that using the file gpt_53g.bin and reflashing worked fine.

Use magic Report

Irnuu| Post time 8-6-2017 19:14:33 | Show all posts
Yup. It did work. I also used that to resize my Android parition

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list