ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Reviews Text Reviews Chuwi HiBook Pro - First LOOK -

Follow Us

[Hibook Pro] Chuwi HiBook Pro - First LOOK -

[Copy link]

itrust|Post time:10-24-2016 08:34:36 View:828|Reply:1

Edited by emily at 12-16-2016 00:16

Unboxing and First Impressions-

The Chuwi HiBook Pro comes in the standard Chuwi brown cardboard box with the Chuwi branding in the middle with the “intel inside” logo below it. The keyboard comes separately in the same kind of brown box with the Chuwi branding. I personally do like these types of boxes, others may not. But, hey you didn’t buy a tablet box to play with it do you? Opening the main box I found the tablet faced-up, followed by the charger and the USB-C type cable below it.

Upon opening the keyboard box I find the keyboard nicely packed in what I believe is a non- static bag, which has magnetic pins so you can connected with the tablet.

The tablet feels very well built, although the glass feels a bit thinner than I expected versus other tablets. Full metal underbody design is used. Meaning I assumed it is an Aluminum Alloy with a metallic finish. It’s about 8.5mm thick. In order from the top we have the power and volume +/- rockers. On the left-side corner, we have the 3.5mm audio jack, followed by the micro USB port, the mic and the mini HDMI port. After the USB type C port you will also find the SD card slot and the speaker. The bottom has the magnetic connectors for connecting the keyboard. Right-side we have another speaker. A plus to me is the USB type C port, which makes the tablet future proof, and ready for the next generation of USB cables.

The detachable keyboard feels well-built. To me the keys do not wobble. The material is an Aluminum enclosure. The color is like a gray/silver. It has (2) 2.0 USB ports but I would like to see 3.0 instead. I believe the angles are between 0-120 degrees from open to close. It has fixed seats at the side to ensure the tablet stays in place when docking to the keyboard. Also has (4) little pads/feet on the bottom to protect from scratching while in-use. Overall, it feels very Chuwi like and very good quality.

The display is a 10.1 inch IPS panel with Fully Lamination Display, also with considerable viewing angles. CHUWI HiBook Pro adopts OGS (One Glass Solution) full lamination technology for the first time. The LCD screen and touch screen are close to a zero gap. Compared to the typical lamination technology, this reduces the air refraction between TP and glass significantly, making the picture brighter and more vivid. With this type of tech you get great and bright picture. Full high-definition and touchscreen. The resolution is 2560X1600 with 16:10 Aspect ratio. Brightness is 350-nits.

The tablet comes with Intel’s Z8300 Cherry Trail chipset, running at 1.44GHz. Also includes Intel’s Gen8 Intel graphics. It is supported with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, which can be bumped up to 128GB with a little help from an SD card. Insert and BOOM! I’m pleasantly amazed by its overall speediness, as well as the smooth touch response of the touchscreen.

The Chuwi HiBook Pro boots up with Windows 10 Home and/or Android 5.1, which is pretty invigorating, and under 25 seconds we are taken to the setup screen to change the language, region according, and so on. At the moment I did not experience any major lags using either OS. Please note it’s a DUAL-BOOT tablet.

The Wifi range and speeds seem just like other wireless N devices in these Chinese tablets. It does drop speed but it may have something to do with the medal body the tablet has, drivers, OS, or Wifi adapter. It’s below-average. While using Bluetooth and steaming heavy video at the same time you may start having some lagging on your Bluetooth device. On mine it doesn’t happen often.

The Chuwi HiBook Pro has 2.0MP in the front and 5.0MP in the back. Took some pictures in a lighted room and they came out well. Just remember its 5.0MP not 18.0MP.

The keys react precisely while typing and the tablet picks up the inputs from the keyboard smoothly. The touchpad is good and bigger than some I have seen in other set-ups. This tablet to me almost feels like using a notebook, but with-in both worlds using Android and/or Windows.

Now for the battery. The Chuwi Vi10 Plus runs on an 8000 mAh battery, which is rated to run for around 4-6 hours on Hi-usage. While I was testing I found it ran well for 5.75 hours, after which the battery started going in the red zone, and finally it died. On the plus side the USB type C can charge this tablet in no time. No pun intended. On stand-by the battery lasted for 11 days. Just WoW!

Since the release of the Chuwi Hi8, Chuwi has been restyling itself to better compete in the current market. We’ve seen its new design-focused philosophy coalesce with each new product launch, culminating in the Chuwi Vi10 plus and Chuwi HiBook Pro. There’s undoubtedly a lot to like about the Chuwi HiBook Pro. Its build quality and design are still excellent and the high-resolution screen is equally great. Still, considering it's now considerably cheaper than when I first reviewed it, it’s still worthy of recommendation for those looking for a thin, light and extremely portable tablet, especially for those not looking to stretch to the Surface Pro.

Here are the specs from Chuwi’s website:
•        Name: Chuwi HiBook Pro
•        CPU: Intel ATOM X5 Cherry Trail
•        GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Gen8-LP 10/12EU
•        Core: Quad Core, 1.44GHz
•        Storage: 4GB RAM/ 64GB ROM
•        External memory: TF card up to 128GB (not included)
•        Screen Size: 10.1 inch
•        Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
•        Screen type: Capacitive (10-Point)
•         IPS: Yes
•        Camera: Back 5.0MP and Front 2.0MP
•        Battery Capacity: 8000mAh
•        Battery / Run Time (up to): 5 hours video playing time
•        AC adapter: 100-240V;5V;3A
•        Support: TF card slot, Type-C,  Micro USB, Micro USB Slot, Micro HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Docking Interface, Wi-Fi
•        Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, German, Italian, English, Dutch, French      
•        Product size: 26.20 x 16.75 x 0.85 cm      
•        Package size: 36.50 x 22.00 x 5.40 cm
•        Product weight: 0.550 kg  and Package weight: 1.450 kg
Chuwi.JPG

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-24-2016 08:34:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Good review. Excelent job done.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list