ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi10 WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy the ...

Follow Us

WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy them.

[Copy link]

Wag|Post time:11-1-2016 00:27:31 View:2351|Reply:24

After investing almost $200 US into a Vi 10Plus it's still pretty much unusable. Power drain issues, freeze-ups. I installed Windows 10 on it- the wifi is too slow to be usuable, so I bought a AC dongle.

On top of that I am out another $30 on a 128GB MicroSD card which is jammed into the slot and doesn't work (worked until I . There is no way to get it out- I even invested money into precision tweezers and that didn't work. So I can't even
put another memory card in even if I wanted to.

STAY FAR AWAY!!! Save your money and buy from a reputable manufacturer.

I know this post will be deleted but read it while you can and take note.

Use magic Report

FatFreddy| Post time 10-27-2016 17:08:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by FatFreddy at 10-27-2016 17:21

I invested 340$ in two vi10plus and must say that if these issues dont get fixed i totally agere with you. I have not used my tablets for two hours without a freeze yet, and 6 weekend are gone with absolutely no sign of will to help us. This is really bad. Chuwi should think about releasing the kernel source so good people like konsta t, yener90 and others with the skills and will at least could try to solve these serious problems. Pipo did that with their m6 pro and with great success. Freaktab saved a useless m6 pro back then. Untill something happens these tablets can only be used as bookmarks. Vi10plus is great value tablet if it worked.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

giuliandro| Post time 10-28-2016 09:33:47 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I agree totally with you. Where is Chuwi support  now?

Use magic Report

NightWatch| Post time 10-28-2016 12:12:13 | Show all posts
While I wouldn't say they are total junk, they really, really need to fix the software issues on their devices. You fix one thing, another falls apart. I'm still waiting a response from the support about the SD card issue and the new firmware. Support doesn't suck, it's nonexistent.

Use magic Report

Tantra| Post time 10-28-2016 19:26:52 | Show all posts
I have bought two Chuwi products this year - Hi8 Pro and Vi10 Plus.  With the Hi8 Pro, I can live with the deep sleep problem and I don't bother to correct it. I found out that it does not go into deep sleep as long as it remains connected to power source... so I disable the "hibernation" mode and power off when not in use.

Chuwi vi10 Plus is another story. Lately the system has become unstable. Since this past week, I cannot switch it off nor restart the tablet. Always have to do a forced shutdown!

Use magic Report

human75| Post time 10-29-2016 15:03:27 | Show all posts
i agree.i spent 260$ for chuwi vi10 now completely useless and i tried this forum to help me nobody can help.sounds like chuwi doesnt offer official help at all.so i ll never buy their crap anymore.

Use magic Report

Tantra| Post time 10-31-2016 10:19:21 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I finally did a factory reset, wiped everything clean and start over and so far it seems to have stablized. I don't know what was the problem though.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 10-31-2016 13:02:17 | Show all posts
Factory restore it done many times and does not solve anything soon freezing problems you will again appear.

Use magic Report

Tantra| Post time 10-31-2016 19:00:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
santi.sc -  I had GFX enabled in bios and then did the factory reset. So far so good. I kept apps to the minimum since I use the tablet mainly for websurfing and reading.

Use magic Report

edoc| Post time 11-1-2016 00:27:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Tantra replied at 10-31-2016 19:00
santi.sc -  I had GFX enabled in bios and then did the factory reset. So far so good. I kept apps to ...

I also use it for reading and since I started to turn the wifi off it never freezed again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list