ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

[Copy link]

okthen|Post time:12-7-2016 15:07:28 View:9156|Reply:42

Zomm3r| Post time 11-16-2016 07:47:57 | Show all posts
Edited by Zomm3r at 11-17-2016 11:13

now i tested other cable and it works!! cable was made by Forever, i bought it in Auchan for 5 $
http://www.forever.eu/accessorie ... b-cable-forver-box/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 11-17-2016 00:35:18 | Show all posts
As the Hi10 Pro requires an input of 5V=3A, not all USB-A to C cables are working.
I myself fell into a similar trap. Bought a 1m long A->C charging cable.. it never charged anything.
Apparently the length and diameter of the wiring was too big of a resistance. Only the charger got hot, the Chuwi got nothing.

Trying to charge it from PC/Laptop to the chuwi would also require a USB port with enough power supply. Usually that is sufficient for the average smartphone, but not the chuwi.

Use magic Report

Zomm3r| Post time 11-17-2016 11:03:36 | Show all posts
pieter replied at 11-17-2016 00:35
As the Hi10 Pro requires an input of 5V=3A, not all USB-A to C cables are working.
I myself fell int ...

Yeah, but it doesn't explain why stock cable works under Android and don't under Windows...

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 11-18-2016 03:02:06 | Show all posts
My stock cable works under both.

Use magic Report

silenttalker| Post time 11-20-2016 05:21:47 | Show all posts
Edited by silenttalker at 11-20-2016 05:24

Noticed this is actually a software issue on mine. Tried different chargers and cables but found a workaround. The issue started when I updated windows 10  to version 1607 I noticed it would charge and stop charging all the time. It lasted half a second and then would drop the charge then start again but it wasn't actually charging the device

Workaround: Boot into android, plug charger in... it will start to charge normally. Now from android menu reboot into windows. It keeps on charging normally as long as you don't take the cable out and start charge again.

if you boot straight into windows the charging issue will begin again on boot screen but not if you go from android and switch into windows... Will dig around to see if theres some power settings that have been alterred on update.

Quite odd but seems like a firmware/driver issue here.

Use magic Report

Domcat| Post time 11-20-2016 22:33:30 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Good news: Problem has ben solved with a brand new higher qualità type C cable. Bought from Amazon

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 11-21-2016 02:41:40 | Show all posts
Take it from a pragmatic pov. If it really was an OS related issue, how on earth would a tablet be charged when completely turned off.
To me that proves it is NOT an OS / driver issue.

Only thing that I see, is that Remix is consuming a lot of power. When on a charging cable running and using Remix OS 2 and applications, it cannot keep up. So it hardly will charge any.
In windows 10 almost similar happens but only when running heavy applications or a lot of keyboard activity.

Apart from that there are no issues. Working with the charger attached is useless anyway as the default cable is only 40cm long. When buying a longer one, make sure it can do the required 5V=3A. The average cable on sale cannot.

Use magic Report

pommoq| Post time 11-29-2016 20:04:12 | Show all posts
silenttalker replied at 11-20-2016 05:21
Noticed this is actually a software issue on mine. Tried different chargers and cables but found a w ...

Same problem with my Hi10 Pro

Use magic Report

xerostatus| Post time 12-2-2016 11:10:16 | Show all posts
I had this exact same problem, as described/shown in OP. Instantly fixed by using a reputable charger and cable from elsewhere. Seriously, folks, the tablet itself is a good product for its price level, but ditch that "stock" (rollseyes) charger/cable ASAP. Even the plug itself, is loose and easily loses connection when jostled. It belongs in a dollar store bargain bin.

Use magic Report

M8ksim| Post time 12-7-2016 15:07:28 | Show all posts
Guys, i have exactly the same problem, they did not help me, they also don't know how to fix it, but and now i find a solution! Problem not in cable. Just go to BIOS, find something like a S5 charging driver (don't remember exactly there it in BIOS and to lazy to to go BIOS settings again, but i believe - you'll find it) - and turn it on. After this at every boot - you will on your screen logo with charger cable, after this logo - tablet reboot again and - no any problems now in Windows 10. Seems like a some driver really working, don't know...
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list