ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

[Copy link]

okthen|Post time:1-16-2017 21:17:17 View:9899|Reply:42

pommoq| Post time 12-7-2016 19:15:13 | Show all posts
Edited by pommoq at 12-7-2016 19:40
pommoq replied at 11-29-2016 20:04
Same problem with my Hi10 Pro

my problem is android os can charge  but can't charge in windows mode  

now i fix it
1. upgrade bios ver I1D6_C109s_Hi10Pro.234 Build 08/05/2016 19:32:30 (can't fix)
2. upgrade windows 10 ver 1607 build 14393.447 (can't fix)
3. buy new cable brand REMAX Rc-044a (can't fix)

4. my stock cable not fit.  i trim strock cable to ~1 mm (can fix it)  
    and trim my new cable too. it can fix

trim USB-C Cable

trim USB-C Cable
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

NewWhirledOrder| Post time 12-23-2016 19:26:53 | Show all posts
Edited by NewWhirledOrder at 12-23-2016 20:21

Same problem here too. Screen pulses while charging using windows but not android. Hard to believe that somebody in quality control didn't spot this issue before they started selling them.  I bought two of them too. First post in this thread alone is from November 16th 2016 so they've had well over a month to fix this issue even if this somehow got past quality control and anybody else working on these tablets. I don't want to but if I can't figure out how to fix them I'm going to have to return them.I would be more than willing to wait if I was assured they were working on a fix and there would be a fix though.

Use magic Report

micarcam| Post time 12-24-2016 16:16:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I cutted the plastic head on C conexion, and Hi10 Plus charged fast from 0 to 1%, but after 1% it's very slow charging again. Can anybody help me with this issue please? Thank you very much

Use magic Report

leepox| Post time 1-2-2017 22:30:38 | Show all posts
I was having this issue when the Chuwi was in Windows or Android. I had to turn off the system before I can charge it. Otherwise it would just do the charing/not charging loop which got really annoying. I tried different charging plugs to no avail so ended up buying a new USB C cable.

I bought a Galopar New Release USB C Cable from Amazon and now mine is charging properly when in Windows/Android. I think there are some types of cables that will still gave the same sort of issues.

Really annoyed with the default cable Chuwi provides as it is not fit for purpose!

Use magic Report

Chuwi_user| Post time 1-12-2017 00:10:15 | Show all posts
I have a "USB doctor" (see aliexpress) to monitor charging current. Under Windows, I see 1.24A only. This appears to be insufficient to charge the tablet. So under Windows, sometimes it is charging, sometimes it is not, depending on how much current the tablet requires at that moment. So when Windows thinks that the device is on battery power, it goes to the brightness setting for battery power, which by default is 80%. The next moment, there is some chaging current, so Windows goes to the "brightness when charging" setting, which is 100%. So this explains the pulsing. You can set the "brightness when charging" to 80%, (power saving settings) and the pulsing will disappear. But it still does not charge.
Under Android, the charging current (for whatever unexplainable reason) is 1.44A. So this is charging better.
When the tablet is completely shutdown, the USB doctor shows 2.88A. This means it is best to switch the unit completely off to charge it.

From above, I would conclude that it would not make sense to change the cable, as the cable is definitely able to deliver 2.88A. However, due to frustration, I will probably try this and order a cable on aliexpress.

Use magic Report

Chuwi_user| Post time 1-12-2017 05:37:37 | Show all posts
It seems I found a solution, based on several posts in the internet.

Go into BIOS settings -> Advanced -> System Component, and set the following two settings to “Enabled":
S5-Charging Driver    ... Enabled
S5 LPM Settings        ... Enabled

It worked on mine; now, no matter when I plug in the USB cable, it will charge with 2.8A under running or standby Windows or Android, as well as when the tablet is shutdown.
Hope it helps you, too.
Reply Support 0 Not support 3

Use magic Report

fortikeco| Post time 1-12-2017 13:48:01 | Show all posts
Nice, good work!

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 1-14-2017 12:58:35 | Show all posts
http://www.electronicproducts.co ... in_PCs_laptops.aspx

According to this you now can charge your smartphone using your Chuwi when your Chuwi is turned off....

Use magic Report

Ricketts| Post time 1-15-2017 08:16:26 | Show all posts
Chuwi_user replied at 1-12-2017 05:37
It seems I found a solution, based on several posts in the internet.

Go into BIOS settings -> Advan ...

Hi There - now that you have been able to test this further, can you confirm this continues to work with no ill effects?

Thanks,

Use magic Report

Chuwi_user| Post time 1-16-2017 21:17:17 | Show all posts
Ricketts replied at 1-15-2017 08:16
Hi There - now that you have been able to test this further, can you confirm this continues to wor ...

No issues occurred. I have also not found reports that this has any negative effects.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list