ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro Windows 10 Charging Issue

[Copy link]

okthen|Post time:4-13-2017 04:54:49 View:9273|Reply:42

Timewind| Post time 1-17-2017 07:40:08 | Show all posts
Chuwi_user replied at 1-12-2017 05:37
It seems I found a solution, based on several posts in the internet.

Go into BIOS settings -> Advan ...

I made the changes in the bios as mentioned above. It does not solve the problem! (Hi10 pro)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 1-19-2017 08:46:44 | Show all posts
As I said this setting has to do with being able to load your smartphone from a usb port when your machine is turned off...

Use magic Report

Timewind| Post time 1-19-2017 12:25:15 | Show all posts
Indeed, in this case it works. Because when the tablet is turned on, the display blinks and the battery charge does not occur. This I think is normal, since the usb output of a PC is too low in amperage.

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 1-19-2017 14:09:42 | Show all posts
I myself do not have a charging issue other than that the cable provided with my Chuwi is the only one thus far that fits and charges.
1. because it actually fits in the the usb c port and others don't
2. because it can carry 5V~3A which is needed for the Hi10Pro. The average USB C cable on sale cannot.

For those with problems. I can say It is not a driver issue as it should charge even when your machine is turned off.
It may not charge because of heavy use of resources. The back light of the screen is one of them. Reduce that. The screen is good enough on 10-20% in both Windows 10 and Remix.
Remix 2.0 power management sucks by the way. As the Chuwis only come with Remix 2.0... nothing we can do till they allow us an update/upgrade... Charging while using Remix takes forever. I do not have issues with Win10 (yes both on reduces backlight).
Windows also comes with proper powermanagement. Turn it on and you can work for at least 5 to 6 hours.. I managed to do so.

By the way, working with the charger on gave odd behaviour. As the battery was heating due to that, the screen showed odd behaviour. Ghost movement. Opening screens at random and other stuff. When cooled down it was over. I turned off the turbo in the bios. No noticable change in performance, longer battery life, lower temps. So that really helped.

Issue with the SD card remains. It also may have to do with the powermanagement of the hardware. Dunno... can be driver, hardware (power?), bios, combination of those... Chuwi chooses to remain silent on the topic, so my best guess? Chuwi screw up!
They know what it is, but choose not to tell as then they will receive the claims...

Use magic Report

Timewind| Post time 1-20-2017 09:46:44 | Show all posts
Thanks for all these details, but where exactly is the turbo in the bios?

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 1-20-2017 12:45:21 | Show all posts
In Bios/Uefi, advanced-cpu config. Set Power technology to custom leave all as is but set Turbo Mode to disabled

Use magic Report

Timewind| Post time 1-22-2017 13:50:23 | Show all posts
Thank you, it was well hidden ...
I feel it is more economical for the battery.
For now I have not felt any slowing down either without the Turbo mode.

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-7-2017 06:48:04 | Show all posts
Chuwi_user replied at 1-12-2017 05:37
It seems I found a solution, based on several posts in the internet.

Go into BIOS settings -> Advan ...

No.
I changed the two options in the bios and nothing else.
I still have the issue of cycling, reporting to windows that it is charging/not charging.

Use magic Report

Vamire| Post time 4-7-2017 12:53:18 | Show all posts
me too still on this issue111

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-13-2017 04:54:49 | Show all posts
"Workaround: Boot into android, plug charger in... it will start to charge normally. Now from android menu reboot into windows. It keeps on charging normally as long as you don't take the cable out and start charge again. "
This is too weird, but what you say is true. If you start in Android and then go to windows, without disconnecting the charger, it no longer cycles charging/not charging.

This does sound a lot like a problem with the initialisation of the firmware. Does this mean it is potentially curable ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list