ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 Opening and Cooling

Follow Us

Opening and Cooling

[Copy link]

valox26|Post time:7-31-2017 07:50:05 View:1573|Reply:5

Edited by valox26 at 12-20-2016 10:54

Hi everyone, i just want to post the way i open the Lapbook
look the photos when following the points:
1- first of all unscrew the ten screw you can easily see on the back.
2- raises the grommets in the back of the Lapbook and unscrew the last 2 screw.
3- open the shell with the help of a rubber sucker. At first i use the iphone plastic tools but its not so usefull, they ruin the plastic shell.
4- unscrew the last five screw and take off the metal shell.
5- im sure about the P but not sure about the A or B point, there were alredy 2 pieces of thermal pad; I decided to put the small thermal pad pieces on all the elements because when i open the lapbook it was turned on for a while and all elements were hot, and also in the small element of the small board. Before putting the small thermal pad pieces i use some thermal paste that always help.

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 12-20-2016 12:49:08 | Show all posts
Bit of a shame that you didn't photograph the processor board (big PCB) in high-res with more sharpness and without they thermal pads. That would have enabled us to see what chips are used...
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

valox26| Post time 12-21-2016 09:33:11 | Show all posts
You're absolutely right, but I had already made the changes when I decided to give a small contribution to the cumunity, and removing the thermal paste was not a so wise solution.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 1-7-2017 02:48:56 | Show all posts
Goog job, nice pics!

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 1-7-2017 02:51:47 | Show all posts
Edited by mouaisien at 1-7-2017 05:03

To  Ernst

Maybe this capture?
emmc Samsung

Use magic Report

fishears| Post time 7-31-2017 07:50:05 | Show all posts
What's the thing that looks like an IDE ribbon coming out of the top of that last photo? I guess the one on the right goes to the daughter board with the USB 2, phones and SD slot.  And also, that the smaller ribbon cable at the top goes to the touchpad right? I guess I'm missing something obvious...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list