ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows Updates

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows Updates

[Copy link]

Chuwinomnom|Post time:4-12-2017 15:52:30 View:1902|Reply:14

Looking on Gearbest (where I purchased my Hi10 Pro from) they state that I can't update windows. Surely this must be a mistake if I can't update Windows it will be insecure and unusable. Is it safe to update? Is there  anything that I should do before updating? Thank you.

Use magic Report

avaritia| Post time 1-4-2017 14:57:38 | Show all posts
There is some articles about that, some chuwi tablets bricks after updating their windows from windows update. But mine was fine updating it until Windows 10 1607 (Hi10), no problem what so ever. Better do a research first, and backup any data before updating anything (BIOS or maybe Windows Update). There is some risk by doing that.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Stebeard| Post time 1-23-2017 09:57:43 | Show all posts
my hi10 pro (8350) ran through windows updates fine, bit slow but they did complete and working fine afterwards

Use magic Report

steini1| Post time 4-5-2017 08:17:21 | Show all posts
On my HI10 pro, I reset Windows 10 and I lost my Dual boot app. It works fine in Android, but not Windows. Any help?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 08:57:38 | Show all posts
steini1 replied at 4-5-2017 18:17
On my HI10 pro, I reset Windows 10 and I lost my Dual boot app. It works fine in Android, but not Wi ...

you need to reflash Windows
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-5-2017 10:12:21 | Show all posts
I have not had any issues updating Windows (via Windows Update) on any of my Intel tablets (Chuwi Hi10 Pro, Hi10 Pllus and Hi12 - and an Onda Obook 11 Plus - they've all updated just fine and worked fine afterwards...

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 12:10:03 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 4-5-2017 20:12
I have not had any issues updating Windows (via Windows Update) on any of my Intel tablets (Chuwi Hi ...

Ohh, you got your Onda working again ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-5-2017 12:19:18 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 4-5-2017 12:45

No - I didn't get it working again - but, I did buy another one to replace it...  However, that one developed a line of bad pixels, so I had to send it back for a refund...  Have not had good luck with the Ondas!!  I'm sticking with the Hi10 Pro or Hi10 Plus now (can't decide which I like better - I like the size, shape and quality of the Hi10 Plus screen better but like the keyboard of the Hi10 Pro better.  :-)  Even though the Hi10 Plus is only 10.8", it seems so much bigger becuase of the aspect ratio..  Both the Pro and the Plus have a better screen than the Hi12 (my Hi12 has a LOT of light bleed and it's so freaking heavy).  I'll be selling the Hi12 for sure - especially because of how bad the keyboard dock is  Who know, I might just end up keeping both the Pro and the Plus (I got the Pro at a fantastic price).  

I apologize for not getting back to you with the info you requested about the Onda - I didn't forget about you though!!  I'll get it over to you very soon I promise!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 13:00:52 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 4-5-2017 22:19
No - I didn't get it working again - but, I did buy another one to replace it...  However, that one  ...

Thats ok, i'm not in any hurry

Use magic Report

steini1| Post time 4-12-2017 15:52:30 | Show all posts
steini1 replied at 4-5-2017 08:17
On my HI10 pro, I reset Windows 10 and I lost my Dual boot app. It works fine in Android, but not Wi ...

I have re-flashed Windows10, it works fine, but I still cannot retrieve the Dual-boot app for Windows. Is there an external app I must download?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list