ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Best Screen Protector for Hi8 Pro?

Follow Us

Best Screen Protector for Hi8 Pro?

[Copy link]

technisol|Post time:2-1-2017 12:50:28 View:1000|Reply:11

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best screen protector for the Chuwi Hi8 Pro?  I foolishly removed the original to install a tempered glass screen protector.  That one would not seal out to the edges because the front of the Hi8 Pro is not exactly flat, but slopes outward from the LCD portion of the front glass to the outer edge of the bezel.  The second, a flexible protector, had the tabs for peeling the protective sheet at the wrong end(opposite the end with the camera cutout) and required multiple passes to properly align it, which of course caused static and attracted dust...  Further, it doesn't fit all the way out to the edges like the factory one did.  Frankly, I've had enough.  If anyone knows where I can locate a protector like the original that came on the Hi8 Pro, please post.  I'd just like to properly locate it and apply it ONCE!  

Use magic Report

Localhorst86| Post time 1-4-2017 06:28:55 | Show all posts
Edited by Localhorst86 at 1-4-2017 06:44

I bought myself a more matte screen protector as that is the way I prefer it:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01I4VE ... chuwi+hi8+pro+folie

However, this one also had the pull tabs from the bottom. To apply protectors like these you can use some clear tape ("Tesa" as we call it in Germany).

Just place the protector with both pull tabs still attached on the screen and allign it to your liking, then fixate it with sellotape on either of the edges. "Open" it like a book, clean the screen, remove the lower pull tab and then "close" it again like you would a book.

Pro tip do all this in a more humid room, like your bathroom (not too humid, though). Maybe even take a shower first, the humidity will cause dust in the air to bond and drop to the floor making the air more dust free.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

billphone| Post time 1-9-2017 03:55:01 | Show all posts
Well i bought for my daughter's Hi8 pro this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-kwm ... hash=item5431c870f2
The seller said that :"Please note that the display protector is slightly narrower that due to the strongly arched display edges, the protector does not reach the external corners of the device and it is slightly smaller than the display."
That is the reason that tempered glass can't fix properly to our tablet, but the film screen protector can.

Use magic Report

linea| Post time 1-9-2017 04:28:47 | Show all posts
Edited by linea at 1-9-2017 13:33

I've tried tempered glass also, but now I found a perfect one: BROTECT AirGlass. It is flexible but hart as glass and fits perfectly, no air bubbles at all. It snuggles to the surface following the geometry.
Chuwi Hi8 pro
CHUWI VX8
Chuwi V10HD
Chuwi VX3

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 1-9-2017 22:47:25 | Show all posts
Thank you all for the responses, for a while there I thought maybe I was the only one out there with Hi8 Pro screen protector issues!

LocalHorst86, believe it or not, that is the same protector I currently have on mine, just that it was purchased through Amazon USA.  I just had a hard time with the tabs being at the wrong ends.  The cellophane or Scotch tape(American brand synonymous with cellophane tape here) is a great idea, wish I'd thought of it!  Well, they come two to a package so maybe I'll have better luck on the second go around.  Seems so obvious now that you've suggested it.

Ditto, Billphone.

linea, that looks, "Very Interesting!", if you'll pardon a very old Arte Johnson reference from the 60's TV show "Laugh In."  I'm going to look around a bit more, but will follow up if I can find nothing better/available from a US vendor.

Thank you all again!

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 1-10-2017 00:42:01 | Show all posts
Wow linea, I found the Brotect protector on Amazon USA and at USD $27.49, more than 25% of what I paid for the tablet, I'm a little skeptical!

Any chance you could post a photo or three of it installed on a Chuwi Hi8 Pro?  I get that it's thinner than a regular tempered glass screen protector, but for that kind of money over a conventional protector or even a regular tempered glass one, I'd sure like to see how well it conforms to the Hi8 Pro considering the enormous gap I had with the one I had and that there are no pictures of one installed on either Amazon or Brotect's site.  The Amazon ad did show a photo of what it is supposed to look like, but uninstalled...

Use magic Report

linea| Post time 1-10-2017 09:15:24 | Show all posts
Edited by linea at 1-10-2017 19:08

Amazon Germany offers it for 12 Euro, perhaps because it is a German product. I took some pictures from my Hi8 Pro but  I'm not shure if you can recognize enough details. Check also "Brotect Airglass" results on Youtube.
Glass1.png
Glass2.png
Glass3.png
Glass4.png
Chuwi Hi8 pro
CHUWI VX8
Chuwi V10HD
Chuwi VX3

Use magic Report

Localhorst86| Post time 1-10-2017 09:46:24 | Show all posts
that glass protector is neat. the matte one I have is considerably smaller (i.e. the distance to the edges is noticable) but i prefer the matte finish over a full reflective surface. I am still torn, though. 12€ for a glass protector... might just get it to see if I like it.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 1-11-2017 00:33:32 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 1-11-2017 01:38

linea,

Many thanks!  That looks like a great protector and darned if I can spot so much as a single air bubble, let alone the gap I had all around my bezel with the 0.27mm tempered glass protector I tried!  Sorry to ask for the photos, but we're in a Chinese tablet forum talking about what so far is a pretty expensive solution(well, at a quarter of what I paid for the tablet anyhow...) so I really wanted to see one installed!  That is VERY impressive!  Wow!

I managed to follow advice from above and employed the cellophane tape trick and got a much better, near perfect result this time with the spare proteçtor I purchased, but I will keep looking and may try ordering from German Amazon.  Thank you on behalf of us all, if I may be allowed!
UPDATE:  Well, I went to the link you provided and ordered the Brotect Airglass from the Deutch Amazon site for about 15 and change USD shipped to the USA!  Hard to pass on a glass protector that seals properly for that price considering I can't find one locally.  I'm careful with my electronics, but always feel "better safe than sorry."  Slow shipping and the wait might kill me if not for the protector I managed to install earlier due to worry over scratching the screen, but thank you again, so much!

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 2-1-2017 12:50:28 | Show all posts
I have to say that the Brotech Airglass is the best of all the screen protectors I tried, even the tempered glass one.  It's the best because it has the best fit to the screen and it seals down completely, unlike the tempered glass one.  I can't be sure it will be as tough as a traditional tempered glass protector, but it does seal properly and looks the best on the tablet of all the protectors I've installed.  Heartily recommended!  Thanks for pointing it out, Linea!  The only down side I can see, and it is minor indeed is that it is not a matte finish, but it's really not bad at all and seems like excellent protection.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list