ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version] Chuwi HiBox Android, Windows, Bio ...

Follow Us

[HiBox] [Official Version] Chuwi HiBox Android, Windows, Bios Download

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:1-8-2017 03:29:54 View:10766|Reply:51

TMT| Post time 1-7-2017 11:11:14 | Show all posts
I've seen this procedure to install Android firmware

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

Buy I don't know how to put the HiBox in flashmode. Anybody knows?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-7-2017 12:51:23 | Show all posts
I've been playing around with the various USB ports and trying combinations of using the power button and reset switch, which are the only physically available options to tinker with but no luck at all.

I'm going to hazard a guess that there will be some form of utility that will run from a bootable flash drive to put the box into the correct mode but we have to wait for Chuwi to come up with the instructions.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-7-2017 14:06:17 | Show all posts
After trying some ways to install Android, i found a way, unfortenly i deleted the Windows on the device at the same time, so working on making a win image to install so i can test other ways, but can someone make a backup of the OS switcher in windows and upload it somewhere, i forgot to do it myself
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-7-2017 17:04:35 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 1-7-2017 14:06
After trying some ways to install Android, i found a way, unfortenly i deleted the Windows on the de ...

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlv3dp67deir77h/SwitchNOW.exe?dl=0

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-7-2017 19:44:05 | Show all posts
bluesmanuk replied at 1-8-2017 02:04
Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlv3dp67deir77h/SwitchNOW.exe?dl=0

Thanks alot

Unfortenly i haven't been abel yet to install Android without deleting Windows also
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-7-2017 20:17:48 | Show all posts

What method did you use?

Maybe we can co work on it.

2 heads are better than one and all that jazz.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-7-2017 21:01:03 | Show all posts
Formated a USB stick (FAT32) named it WINPE, unpacked the files downloaded provided by emily to the USB, connected it to the Hibox, booted if from USB, it then install Android

Next try i used the flash-no-erase-all.json and renamed it to flash.json and replaced it with the one that was in the Android files, but again it deleted windows

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-7-2017 21:22:22 | Show all posts
Cheers.

I did manage to get Android X86 Marshmallow installed without killing Windows too but that was easy because there was an ISO available.

I'll see what I come up with based on your experiences.

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-8-2017 02:36:04 | Show all posts
Well I am mostly back in business again.

Installed Android, wiping out Windows.

Then downloaded the latest Windows ISO and wrote it to a USB stick and booted with that (had a couple of BSOD ACPI Errors to start with) and carried out a fresh installation of Windows to the now empty 44Gb partition.

Ran Windows update for the latest patches etc

Then used the driverbackup to carry out an automated re-installation of the drivers using the procedure here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows ... _win_10_powershell/

All but 2 drivers updated, so uninstalled them and ran the new hardware checking, which installed 1 but there was a Code 10 error with the Wireless driver.

So ran Iobit driver installer to update it, which stated that the original driver was faulty but updated it anyway, although it still won't start, so no wireless until I fix that.

Restored the Android switch exe to the desktop and now I can boot to both OS's correctly.

Once I have fixed the wireless driver then I'll see if Clonezilla will take a complete machine image and restore it successfully.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-8-2017 03:29:54 | Show all posts
bluesmanuk replied at 1-8-2017 11:36
Well I am mostly back in business again.

Installed Android, wiping out Windows.

i have also run into that problem with the wireless driver

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list