ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version] Chuwi HiBox Android, Windows, Bio ...

Follow Us

[HiBox] [Official Version] Chuwi HiBox Android, Windows, Bios Download

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:1-10-2017 11:57:00 View:8137|Reply:51

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-8-2017 04:52:27 | Show all posts
It also seems that following a fresh Android installation recovery is not working because it will not successfully install the OTA update and if you choose a factory reset it leaves Android just as you left it.

There is no sign of the typical droid image that you see when updates are being applied following a reboot.

So we really do need all the correct files, drivers and procedure for restoring this box to factory settings.

In addition to that there are some bugs and marketing issues that require attention:

Android does not see the WiFi 5Ghz channel

Having the swipe up on entry to Android should not be required as this is not a phone or tablet.

Windows will not recognise any of my 64Gb ir 128Gb SD cards despite the advertising stating that 128Gb is supported. This is further compounded by the fact that the Windows driver specifically names it as a standard 32Gb card slot.

The WiFi chip is an AP6234, which does not support WiFi AC, as stated in their advertising.

Somebody asked on the Chuwi Facebook page whether the box had HDMI 2.0, to which the Official reply was yes, which is most certainly not the case as the SOC does not support it.

This is a box with great potential as it's pricing level but the support for it is just not good enough and will harm sales if they don't start to take some action to better promote and support their product range.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-8-2017 05:04:44 | Show all posts
I have had no problems with the SD cards, have tried Kingston 128 GB, Samsung EVO+ 64 GB and a Chineese Netac Pro 64 GB, all is working as they should

I asked Gearbest about the missing WIFI AC, this is the answer i got from them
"Sorr for the misunderstanding caused i would like to clarify the concept of IEEE 802.11ac,Also called 5G WiFi (5th Generation of Wi-Fi)"
I really love when ppl are talking about things they know nothing about

I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-8-2017 05:55:04 | Show all posts
To get the WIFI to work after clean install of Windows, use the provided NVRAM (Have added it with the othewr downloads for this device), find the folder for your region, copy the file inside that folder and paste it to Windows\System32\Drivers
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-8-2017 09:27:26 | Show all posts
This is a little tricky, and i donno why it is like that

All of sudden i coulden get Android to boot when connected to my 4k monitor, tried reinstalling, still no boot

So tried connecting it to my LG tv, thern it booted, then i tried to run the update there is awaible, it downloaded, unzipped and then rebooted, all of sudden the little green Androud was spinning on my tv screen and installing the update

Use magic Report

Lioraclev| Post time 1-8-2017 09:44:17 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Can I install win8 ? Win compatible drivers?

Use magic Report

Lioraclev| Post time 1-8-2017 09:52:57 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Plz answer . I hate win 10. Can I install win 8? I know how. Just know if I will found drivers?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-8-2017 10:24:58 | Show all posts
Probbaly not

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-10-2017 11:19:36 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 1-8-2017 09:27
This is a little tricky, and i donno why it is like that

All of sudden i coulden get Android to boo ...

I found that if I have the Android resolution set to 3840 x 2160 the update would not apply but if I set it to 1920 x 1080 then it would work.

Thanks for the NVRAM spot.

Now that we have the Windows restoration image (thank you Emily) I am trying to see what procedure is required to restore everything.

I've started with the base Android installation and am now waiting for the automated Windows installation to finish and fingers crossed it will all be back to correct factory stock and if it works I'll write up a set of instructions.

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-10-2017 11:26:19 | Show all posts
Lioraclev replied at 1-8-2017 09:52
Plz answer . I hate win 10. Can I install win 8? I know how. Just know if I will found drivers?

You will just have to try it and see if the drivers posted will work with 8.

Use magic Report

bluesmanuk| Post time 1-10-2017 11:57:00 | Show all posts
Edited by bluesmanuk at 1-10-2017 12:00

It worked, so here is the procedure that I followed.

HiBox Hero restore to factory (Android and Windows).

Download the Android and Windows files from post 1 and extract.

Start with Android (Warning this will erase any existing Windows installation so back up any important data first).

Format a bootable USB Flash drive to FAT32 and name it WIMPE.

Copy the extracted Android files to the flash drive. So you should have EFI folder, boot.img, cache img etc in the root of the drive.

Put the flash drive into the USB port nearest the corner of the box (furthest away from the SD card slot) and switch on the box, pressing the ESC key repeatedly until you are presented with the BIOS screen.

Change the boot order so that the first boot device is your USB flash drive, then save settings and exit.

After the reboot the necessary process will start and all you have to do is press the enter key when requested.

After the process is complete the box will reboot and start to populate Android and may reboot a couple of times in during the process.

You will then be prsented with the Android setup wizard. Complete this until you have a functioning Android setup.

Now to Windows

Format a bootable USB flash drive to NTFS (minimum 8Gb), naming it WINPE and copy the extracted windows files to the root of the drive, so that now you have the EFI, Boot, images folders etc.

Insert the flash drive into the same port again, reboot the box and get into the BIOS where you will again choose the USB flash drive as the default drive and save and exit as before.

Choose the WIN64PE option and the rest of the process will be automated.

The box may reboot a couple of times during the installation at which point you will have the normal Windows screen.

There will be a sysprep prompt pop up, so just accept the defaults at which point the sysprep process will start and eventually the box will switch itself off.

When you next switch on and start Windows you will be presented with the default first time Windows setup and configuration process.
​​​​​​​Windows will automatically be activated because the product key is stored in the hardware,

Then reboot and ensure that both dual boot options work correctly.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list