Chuwi Hi13 2-in-1 packing an "Apollo Lake" CPU by DigitalTrends - page 3 - Text Reviews - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Reviews Text Reviews Chuwi Hi13 2-in-1 packing an "Apollo Lake" CPU by Di ...

Follow Us

[Hi13] Chuwi Hi13 2-in-1 packing an "Apollo Lake" CPU by DigitalTrends

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:2-26-2017 16:32:41 View:2843|Reply:24

JayceOoi| Post time 2-15-2017 06:18:31 | Show all posts
mslr replied at 2-8-2017 21:21
Hi, any news about a release date and pricing ?

$369 @ pre-order from February 20.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

zijin_cheng| Post time 2-17-2017 06:55:57 | Show all posts
I don't know how much the Surface Book's screen will cost but technically shouldn't it not cost much more than the Lapbook 14?

Use magic Report

Andreyk| Post time 2-17-2017 07:09:15 | Show all posts
zijin_cheng replied at 2-17-2017 06:55
I don't know how much the Surface Book's screen will cost but technically shouldn't it not cost much ...

Yes, it should. The Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 got the same processor, memory and internal storage specs, clock speeds as the Hi13, the pratical difference is the keyboard (which should be cheaper for the Hi13), touchscreen and the display (the Hi13's display is not even laminated). Yet you can find it for $130 dollars less. Maybe the (stupid) quad-speaker stuff made it more expensive. If that's the case, I'd rather have 2 speakers on one side if that makes it cheaper. And if I were looking to have a better stereo sound quality I'd just plug my headphones. Why 4 speakers?

I don't understand Chuwi's pricing and never will. I don't even know why I lurk around here anymore, after wasting my time waiting for the Hi13.

At this price point you're better off buying something with a Core M processor and a SSD. Like the Cube i7 book or the HP Spectre x2 (ages ahead, even though it's 1 year in the past).

Use magic Report

justifun| Post time 2-26-2017 11:29:17 | Show all posts
I don't understand Chuwi's pricing and never will. I don't even know why I lurk around here anymore, after wasting my time waiting for the Hi13.

It's the price.  You get a pretty decent machine for hundreds of dollars less than the competition.  The HP Spectre you compared it to is more then double the price of a H13.

Plus you can draw on it

Use magic Report

Andreyk| Post time 2-26-2017 16:32:41 | Show all posts
That's not true. You can get the HP Spectre X2 for $410 on Amazon, and you can draw on it too, with Wacom technology, a plus that Chuwi tablets don't have.

HP's product quality is incredibly more strict than Chuwi's. People who buy from HP most likely won't be laid on the chance or unluckiness of factory deffective devices, low to zero firmware/updating and after-sales support and warranty. The amount of people who get deffective devices from Chuwi is really huge, even though the amount of people who buy Chuwi's devices is a lot less compared to HP's.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list