ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro TERRIBLE WI-FI signal!!!

Follow Us

TERRIBLE WI-FI signal!!!

[Copy link]

imcget|Post time:3-6-2017 03:34:01 View:1035|Reply:13

I've bought CHUWI HiBook Pro and I run it. I cannot use internet because I always losing access to internet. Signal is minimal that's why it happens. Even my old Samsung Galaxy S2 or any other device  has better signal... Maximum speed I reach is 2Mb/s (SGS2 reach up to 6 in the same place in the same position)! I tried update drivers. I tried change advanced options of wifi card .... no changes...

P.S. CHUWI you should learn from ONE PLUS! I bought OPX 1.5 year ago and still OPX is 5x better than yours device!

Use magic Report

jbrodkin| Post time 3-17-2017 10:55:03 | Show all posts
the bad wifi on hibook pro can be fixed by purchasing a wifi usb dongle from Amazon for 17.95(usd). It works perfectly when used with a micro usb to usb 2 connector.https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... ords=heiyo+wireless
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-18-2017 08:39:42 | Show all posts
And what should they learn ?

I have a opo, and what a shitty thing it is, have been in the drawer for almost 1½ years now, curse the freaking shit phone dosen't work, loosing contact to the sim card, and the only solution OnePlus can come up with is to flash a new image, like that would help
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 1-18-2017 23:21:29 | Show all posts
Hi, imcget
The reason why Chuwi hibook pro has wifi signal issue is that the Microsoft update the Bug, so that wifi antenna parameter does not match the the system.
Most of the similar issue can be solve by replacing another antenna.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-18-2017 23:27:09 | Show all posts
emily replied at 1-19-2017 08:21
Hi, imcget
The reason why Chuwi hibook pro has wifi signal issue is that the Microsoft update the Bu ...

That is good to know, but where to get a new antenna from ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 1-19-2017 00:53:40 | Show all posts
Chuwi has antenna, if you need it, please contact service@chuwi.com

Use magic Report

imcget| Post time 1-19-2017 02:07:58 | Show all posts
emily replied at 1-18-2017 23:21
Hi, imcget
The reason why Chuwi hibook pro has wifi signal issue is that the Microsoft update the Bu ...

Ha! I don't care! I've bought tablet I wanted it to work properly!

Ok u will send me antena anw what?? Who will change it ? Me? If I break something, will U give me new one ?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 1-19-2017 10:03:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@emily, Whats the cost of the new antenna. and how much is shipping ?

Use magic Report

dragonchowder| Post time 1-19-2017 17:06:28 | Show all posts
No need to get a new antenna just get a usb wifi stick

Use magic Report

wanders| Post time 1-19-2017 20:36:06 | Show all posts
@emily:

Most of the problem with WiFi is that Chuwi has done a sub-standard job of soldering the antenna coax cable directly to the motherboard near the WiFi module, instead of installing an MHF4 socket and plug on the antenna. This creates a significant impedance mismatch on a very sensitive and low-voltage circuit. Will Chuwi fix this problem for USA customers?

Use magic Report

ferrica| Post time 3-6-2017 03:34:01 | Show all posts
No way to MOD it? maybe with Pringle tube

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list