ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro HI8 PRO USB TYPE-C SPECIFICATION

Follow Us

HI8 PRO USB TYPE-C SPECIFICATION

[Copy link]

ImageCreo5|Post time:2-3-2017 18:53:44 View:816|Reply:5

I would like to connect SSD to HI8 PRO via the USB TYPE-C connentor for high speed system backup. The device has the following configuration, although it does not operate with USB 3.0. Does HI8 PRO support the  USB 3.0 / 3.1 or only USB 2.0/1.1 ? What is a specification.

Configuration
· HI 8 PRO (USB TYPE-C) - USB 3.0 HUB - USB 3.0 Cable - SSD

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-30-2017 23:14:52 | Show all posts
it probbaly only oprates with USB 2.0 speed, i know Hibook pro does
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 1-31-2017 06:57:35 | Show all posts
Owner of miraculously revived Hi8 Pro ( PQ32G22151102244 )

Use magic Report

ImageCreo5| Post time 2-1-2017 16:01:51 | Show all posts
Thank you for HIBOOK PRO and Intel's technical information. z8000 DATA sheet 1 is not supported USB 3.0, but is described as having USB 3.0 OTG support. Also, since INTEL http://ark.intel.com/products/87 ... ache-up-to-1_84-GHz  is specified as USB 3.0,  I think that there is a problem on the device side of CHUWI's USB TYPE-C, not Intel problem. I think whether it is fake advertisement because it is stated as 10 Gbps USB in the product catalog what the manufacturer's official opinion is. Is my understanding wrong?

Use magic Report

Vedran| Post time 2-2-2017 03:03:31 | Show all posts
ImageCreo5 replied at 2-1-2017 16:01
Thank you for HIBOOK PRO and Intel's technical information. z8000 DATA sheet 1 is not supported USB  ...

It's a fact that they are using Type-C connector which can go up to 10Gbps, it's just that their particular implementation - using x5-z8300 - is not supporting full speed.
Why did Intel decide to not even have USB 3.0 speeds here is a question for Intel's product managers.
I'm not a marketing expert and I don't know how would you prove in a court of law that Chuwi misled their customers, so I will leave that to someone more qualified. I assume this was your first Chuwi purchase, so while I do agree with you that marketing stuff was a bit iffy, that's why we read reviews of other people before actual purchase from lesser known brands, right?
Owner of miraculously revived Hi8 Pro ( PQ32G22151102244 )

Use magic Report

ImageCreo5| Post time 2-3-2017 18:53:44 | Show all posts
Thanks Vedran, many useful informations.

If you connect the HUB of the USB 3.0 specification to another Desktop PC, it will be on the device driver Two types of
(1) Super High Speed HUB of USB 3.0 and
(2) General purpose HUB of USB 2.0
are displayed and each device of USB 3.0 / 2.0 specification is recognized and operates. However, connecting the set to the HI8 PRO will only display
(2), the HUB of (1) will not be recognized
and all will work with the USB 2.0 specification. As for the USB TYPE-C terminal of CHUWI HI 8 PRO, it is unknown because there is no technical information which pin of USB data system using three systems are connected and it is connected to the USB controller, but the problem is clearly in HI 8 PRO. To be sorry, as USB 2.0 works. Although it is a really disappointing result, since it operates as USB 2.0, it is still scooped up. I would like to ask CHUWI for improvement so that the functions described in the product catalog will work.

· Three lines of data lines are transmitted with USB 3.0 specification (2 pins), reception (2 pins) and USB 2.0 specification transmission / reception (2 pins).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list