ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro SD card works in Android but not in Windows

Follow Us

SD card works in Android but not in Windows

[Copy link]

Localhorst86|Post time:4-7-2017 12:30:47 View:932|Reply:7

Hey there. I have had my chuwi hi8 pro for about 1.5 months now. I was using a 32Gb MicroSD card for about 3 weeks without any issues. But suddenly Windows 10 would stop recognizing the SD card. Android, however can still access the same SD card without any issues. I have tried with a different SD card and tag won't recognize in either of the two systems. When I check the device manager in Windows with the first SD card inserted I can see a yellow exclamation mask on one of the SD controllers but disabling and reenabling the device or reinstalling the driver doesn't fix the issue.

What else can I try to get the SD working on Windows again?

Use magic Report

danghuanbk| Post time 2-2-2017 23:44:29 | Show all posts
This is the error of all hi8 pro and until now there is no way to fix.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

fortikeco| Post time 2-3-2017 12:21:41 | Show all posts
Edited by fortikeco at 2-3-2017 13:54

You should really enable MS Custom Sdbus Driver in the bios (under Advanced -> System Component)
This option comes available if the active OS image ID is set to Windows, so boot to windows first and then reboot and go to bios.
Problem should be solved then.https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us ... d-card-driver-stack

Use magic Report

Localhorst86| Post time 2-4-2017 08:59:02 | Show all posts
Unfortunately, that didn't help to get the SD working on Windows.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 2-6-2017 18:32:20 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 2-6-2017 19:32

You're going to need to get rid of that exclamation mark if it's for the SDXC card reader...  Did you try re-installing the device after you made the change in the BIOS suggested above or was the BIOS already set correctly?  Have you tried uninstalling/deleting/disabling the device and rebooting to see if Win 10 reinstalls the proper drivers?  Have you tried searching for other SDXC drivers for the device?  Possibly getting them from the Windows install package from Chuwi?
Which driver & which version are you getting the exclamation marks with?  The more specific you are the more likely people will bother to try and help you.

Use magic Report

kruger74| Post time 2-12-2017 11:22:05 | Show all posts
Edited by kruger74 at 2-12-2017 11:25

I have the same problem with my 32GB sd card,Windows won't recognise it. But it does recognise my other 2GB sd card.The strange thing is that in the beginning it worked fine, so I think the problem must be related to some Windows update that was installed at some point.
Any idea why this happens and how to fix it?

Use magic Report

naf-naf| Post time 4-7-2017 10:21:55 | Show all posts
                        I would have known where I would fall, I would have spread the straws.
                        Not so terrible devil as it is painted.
MicroSD 128 GB card did work on Win 10 Home.
Virus, Antivirus, or Windows Update has break the work.
Driver not start for MicroSD 128 GB card.
MicroSD 2 GB does stil work.
I reloaded the Win 10 partition from a pre-made image file.
The MicroSD 128 GB card is working again.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 12:30:47 | Show all posts
I updated the central thread with the link to latest suggestion made in this thread.

Central thread: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3593-1-1.html
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list