[Tutorial] To Reinstall Windows 10 for CHUWI LapBook 14.1 - Tutorial - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] To Reinstall Windows 10 for CHUWI LapBook ...

Follow Us

[Lapbook] [Tutorial] To Reinstall Windows 10 for CHUWI LapBook 14.1

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:5-11-2017 07:57:07 View:9043|Reply:11

Edited by emily at 4-25-2017 23:40

Prepared Tool:
8GB USB Stick (Notice: the usb stick is required not to make boot disk before)
Reminder: The battery power should be not less than 50%.

Step 1
Format the USB Stick into NTFS format and rename it as "WINPE" (If it is not renamed as WINPE, the USB stick cannot be read.) as follows:

Step 2
1. Unrar the firmware

2. Open the file "Windows" and copy the all files to the root directory of the USB stick.
2.png

Step 3
1. Please put the USB stick to Laptop 14.1. Make sure the Laptop 14.1 is off.
2. Please press power button, at the same time, click "F7" continuously to enter boot device.
3. Choose UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 1, press "enter" to reinstall Windows.
3.png

Step 4
1. When it occurs percentage like 1%-100%, which turns out Windows reinstalling is normal.
2. When it is finished, Laptop will turn off automatically.
3. Please turn on the Laptop (It may take a long time before you turn it on.)
4. When it turns on, it will enter testing mode. Please close the middle of the window. And then double click "cleanup", the laptop will turn off.
5. Finally, you can turn it on again and conduct setting.

4.1.png

4.2.png

4.3.png

4.4.png

Download Tutorial:
            https://mega.nz/#!t4R1FIaK!3YmOK ... e_-5O3Z9lBEEguQIsxo

Use magic Report

viperpiper| Post time 2-17-2017 05:33:07 | Show all posts
I did the flash of Windows and got the Lapbook up and running but there is a problem with the Audio Driver. There was no audio after the flash so I tried the provided audio driver and ran the install.  All that appears is the speaker with a red X on the toolbar.  When you click on it I get an error and checking in device manager it says no driver is intalled and that's after running the Audio Driver install.  So I'm not sure what the correct driver should be.  I downloaded the drivers directly from here.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

bugmenot| Post time 2-9-2017 11:17:58 | Show all posts
Please provide a download link for the firmware. Thx
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 2-9-2017 18:03:46 | Show all posts
Hi, @bugmenot
I am uploading the Lapbook 14.1 firmware. Once it is finished, i will add links to Download area. Please wait in patient. Thanks.

Use magic Report

viperpiper| Post time 2-16-2017 05:33:43 | Show all posts
now what dow we do with all of the drivers that were provided for the laptop ?  Do these all have to be reinstalled after windows has been reinstalled ?

thanks

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-16-2017 07:08:36 | Show all posts
viperpiper replied at 2-16-2017 14:33
now what dow we do with all of the drivers that were provided for the laptop ?  Do these all have to ...

If you use the the provided install files, it shoulkden be nessesery, haven't been on the 3 Chuwi devices i have, but you need them if you are instsalling a clean Windows
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

asdf2657| Post time 3-30-2017 00:12:57 | Show all posts
viperpiper replied at 2-17-2017 05:33
I did the flash of Windows and got the Lapbook up and running but there is a problem with the Audio  ...

I had the same problem, the audio driver did not appear to work. I'm not sure what's the reason, but you have to install some other drivers from Intel first, after that, the Realtek audio will be detected correctly.
Here's how I did it: Download the official driver package from http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3572-1-1.html
Extract the driver archive, and from that, also extract the Realtek audio driver and Intel folders. Next, open the device manager in Windows (devmgmt.msc) and under audio devices, find the sound card that has no driver. Open properties and choose update driver. Then choose to point it to a directory on your hard disk. Select the parent directory you extracted the driver archive to. It should install some of the Intel drivers first. Return to the device manager and repeat the process for any new devices that have appeared, until there is nothing left.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-30-2017 19:13:04 | Show all posts
asdf2657 replied at 3-30-2017 00:12
I had the same problem, the audio driver did not appear to work. I'm not sure what's the reason, bu ...

Thanks for your information.
it will help others, thanks.

Use magic Report

technoel| Post time 5-9-2017 05:49:45 | Show all posts
Have done everything as explained above but when the image is applied it stops after 7% (sometimes earlier) and returns a blue windows error screen.
Same happens with a clean install from a Windows10 DVD.

Any idea how I can fix that problem?

Use magic Report

Saverio| Post time 5-11-2017 07:57:07 | Show all posts
is it risky, can I brick my lapbook ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list