ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Windows, Drive ...

Follow Us

[Lapbook] [Official Version] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Windows, Driver, Bios Download

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:7-11-2017 10:02:46 View:11934|Reply:120

tom55day| Post time 7-7-2017 10:33:09 | Show all posts
Edited by tom55day at 7-7-2017 16:15

The problem is that Chuwi updated the internals of the 14.1 lapbook, new motherboard, shorter metal bar and this needs a different firmware than the one listed here.

The one listed here bricks the device, like it has done to mine.

Your options are limited to this £20 mod which has a 9/10 difficulty rating. I am about to do mine in the week, just ordered the parts from eBay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8Xif-6GUw&feature=youtu.be

Chuwi are aware of this but don't give a flying F...  I will eat my own hat if they will help us.

Do you live in the UK?  If so I might be able to help for the cost of some beers.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

veteran97| Post time 7-8-2017 04:21:52 | Show all posts
tom55day replied at 7-7-2017 10:33
The problem is that Chuwi updated the internals of the 14.1 lapbook, new motherboard, shorter metal  ...

No, I live in Poland. I know this method, but on metal plate which covers motherboard there is warranty sticker. I was worried about warranty but after this I decided to fix it myself. I hope your laptop will work fine after this as well mine.

BTW Banggood Custom Service replied me today after 3 days of waiting and said to record video about problem. Maybe they will help me somehow because Chuwi isn't gonna help us as we can see.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-8-2017 11:57:01 | Show all posts
Banggood will keeping trying to fudge you off then say send it back to china at your own cost and we want return postage to send out a new one.

If you tell them you upgraded the BIOS then they will say tough luck too.  

BTW hair drier on the warranty sticker will lift it in one.

Use magic Report

sasha0| Post time 7-10-2017 07:34:37 | Show all posts
I see BIOS download links have been removed. I assume those were  good for some models but they were bricking others, possibly newer ones. Can you please post for which models are "LapBook 14.1 BIOS 20161230.zip" and "LapBook 14.1 BIOS 20170620.rar" appropriate.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-11-2017 03:29:51 | Show all posts
could you post or pm the correct bios for z l14 q64g40170400638 i have the tools to fix this i just need the correct bios.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-11-2017 03:48:08 | Show all posts
You guys broken my laptop by having an out of date bios on here so if you could be kind enough to send me the correct BIOS then i would be happy.  I will require no further help as I have all the expertise and tools to fix this myself.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-11-2017 09:14:12 | Show all posts
veteran97 replied at 7-8-2017 04:21
No, I live in Poland. I know this method, but on metal plate which covers motherboard there is war ...

any news back from banggood.  BTW chuwi have a EU support centre why not try them, I am guessing they won't reply but worth a try.  Its a thread on the board where you fill in a document and they reply.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-11-2017 09:17:25 | Show all posts
sasha0 replied at 7-10-2017 07:34
I see BIOS download links have been removed. I assume those were  good for some models but they were ...

any news back matey?  Guessing not chuwi have gone silent on the bios issue, its like they don't want to say anything because they are trying to sweep this under the carpet.

All I need is the correct bios to fix the issue, I have the tools to reload the bios aka a flasher and I am a Cisco CCNP engineer by trade so I know a thing or two about computers.

Use magic Report

sasha0| Post time 7-11-2017 09:37:07 | Show all posts
tom55day replied at 7-11-2017 09:17
any news back matey?  Guessing not chuwi have gone silent on the bios issue, its like they don't w ...

They are aware of the problem and I expect they will resolve it when they can.  I assume they will end up posting a few BIOS versions and model dates that they apply to. I am not too concerned as my lapbook arrives only tomorrow from Amazon and I hope it will have BIOS with "linux/windows" option. If it does not, I will attempt one the BIOSes they posted here and if I end up with brick I will ship it back to Amazon for a refund by the end of the day tomorrow.

Use magic Report

tom55day| Post time 7-11-2017 10:02:46 | Show all posts
here is a video Chwui just in case you need a video of the issue.  Like gearbest said they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atfp1zmtJ0o

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list