ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 13.5 inch 3K screen Chuwi Hi13 will be officially re ...

Follow Us

13.5 inch 3K screen Chuwi Hi13 will be officially released on February 20

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:2-17-2017 10:32:41 View:4798|Reply:75

Andreyk| Post time 2-15-2017 13:00:16 | Show all posts
It's good to finally hear the release date.

I hope it won't heat too much due to the processor like as seen in the Lapbook 14.1, and it was a bit sad to hear it won't have any USB-A in the tablet itself but I'm used to that already.

It's a little pricey and I might not be able to buy it right now (or not buy it at all), I was expecting it to be around the same as the Hi12 as Chuwi said in their Facebook page. You can get the Hi12 for around $257. If it was up to $330 I'd still be able to afford it.

And as I thought, the HiPen H3 will be released soon too, good news.

If I end up buying it later this year, it'll be cool playing around with the Stylus.

Overall I think this will be a good tablet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-15-2017 22:39:00 | Show all posts
Andreyk replied at 2-15-2017 22:00

I hope it won't heat too much due to the processor lik ...

Well, seems like you can't trust the facebook ppl, now that emily have confirmed it won't be fully laminated screen
Then i find it way to expensive compared to the Hi12
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-16-2017 06:44:20 | Show all posts
Andreyk replied at 2-15-2017 13:00

I hope it won't heat too much due to the processor lik ...

I'm waiting till November for the greatest sale promos of the year: 11/11, Cyber Monday, and Black Friday.

Hoping there will be a dual boot version of the Hi13 by then.

Assuming of course that no other better tablet hybrid comes out at that point in time. Regardless if it comes from Chuwi or not.

Use magic Report

Andreyk| Post time 2-16-2017 08:39:03 | Show all posts
Edited by Andreyk at 2-16-2017 08:43
Hackerjac replied at 2-15-2017 22:39
Well, seems like you can't trust the facebook ppl, now that emily have confirmed it won't be fully ...
Yes, indeed. I've been following Chuwi's facebook page for weeks now and apparently there's been nothing but lies everywhere.

(Were the quad speakers meant to be just a "bread and wine" for us since Hi12's bad speakers?)

They tell it's dual boot, then it's confirmed it isn't.

They tell it has a fully laminated screen, then it's confirmed it doesn't.

I don't understand anymore, and blame Chuwi for all the time I wasted waiting for the Hi13. Was thinking about buying three Hi13 in the near future, for my parents and I, but now they lost it.

I bet it will be confirmed soon enough that even the Stylus doesn't have 1024 levels of pressure sensitiveness. And that this magnet holding the pen on the tablet's side is just a joke as well.

I'm seriously disappointed in you, Chuwi.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-16-2017 09:18:47 | Show all posts
Andreyk replied at 2-16-2017 17:39
Yes, indeed. I've been following Chuwi's facebook page for weeks now and apparently there's been not ...

I just hope the same motherboard like in Lepbook 14.1, since its possible to mount a M2 SSD, the eMMC is just too slow to use as boot drive
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-16-2017 20:49:48 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 2-16-2017 09:18
I just hope the same motherboard like in Lepbook 14.1, since its possible to mount a M2 SSD, the e ...

Would you have to void your warranty to mount an M.2 if ever this feature exists in the Hi13?

Use magic Report

konmol| Post time 2-16-2017 23:34:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by konmol at 2-17-2017 02:52

I hope that "ubuntu support" on this tablet followed by support of linux on hi12?

Use magic Report

fortikeco| Post time 2-17-2017 03:42:18 | Show all posts
Edited by fortikeco at 2-17-2017 03:47
doodzilla replied at 2-16-2017 06:44
I'm waiting till November for the greatest sale promos of the year: 11/11, Cyber Monday, and Black ...

About dual-boot for android x86 on Apollo Lake, somebody needs to write it and that ain't CHuwi.
First, intel has to release android for Apollo Lake.
Then AMI, which currently hasn't.
Then perhaps insyde, which currently hasn't.

But there is linux support from intel:
https://01.org/yocto-bsp-apollo-lake-i

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-17-2017 06:54:17 | Show all posts
fortikeco replied at 2-17-2017 03:42
About dual-boot for android x86 on Apollo Lake, somebody needs to write it and that ain't CHuwi.
Fi ...

So do you think dual boot (w/ android) will never happen for the Hi13 or any Chuwi tablet not running an Atom processor this year or ever?

The dual boot feature is very important for my use case. If the answer is a big yes then I guess I'll go ahead and get the Hi12 as my first Chuwi tablet.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-17-2017 10:32:41 | Show all posts
I wonder if the pacage include the keyboard also since a seller @ aliexpress calls it a 2 in 1 tablet pc

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list