ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 [SOLVED M.2 NOT SUPPORTED] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 does n ...

Follow Us

[SOLVED M.2 NOT SUPPORTED] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 does not find M.2 2242 SSD

[Copy link]

Vicus|Post time:2-24-2017 19:32:18 View:908|Reply:14

Edited by Vicus at 3-3-2017 22:50

Hello everybody,

I'm a new owner since two days.
Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 does not recognize Transcend MTS400 128GB nor Adata Premier SP800 128GB.
SSD's are not visible in the boot menu nor in Windows 10.

I already flashed BIOS with version 20161230. In original boot menu I could not select OS, with latest BIOS I can now select between Windows and Linux.

I updated Windows and installed Adata and Transcend SSD tools/drivers. Also Adata and Transcend tools do not find the SSD.

I can not see any problem on the motherboard and also not with the M.2 connector.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix?

Help much appreciated.

***UPDATE, March 1, 2017***

Still no answer from Chuwi. However GearBest did answer my question. This is the answer I received:

For this problem, we have contected the product department.
The following is their advice.
Please note BiOS can not be changed;
This product can support external SSD products can be inserted on the computer can be found,

The supplier tried to that successfully, but the current structure into the cover can not cover;

I think what they are saying is that the M.2 SSD is NOT supported. So lucky if it works for you but sorry if it doesn't. In my case it means that I wont be able to use a M.2 SSD.

Use magic Report

Ernst| Post time 2-15-2017 14:17:26 | Show all posts
Hi,

Weird. I installed an Adata SP600 256Gb. in my LapBook 14.1 and it worked immediately.

Did you install it before flashing this latest BIOS? Or after? If after, perhaps the M.2 slot is disabled in the new BIOS?

Otherwise I have no clue. Did you fully push in the SSD? Correct way around (can't be done normally but with excessive force perhaps it is possible).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Vicus| Post time 2-15-2017 22:35:42 | Show all posts
Edited by Vicus at 2-15-2017 23:57

Hi Ernst,

I tried before flashing the new BIOS and after. Both cases same result. And yes I fully pushed the SSD in (several times as you can imagine ;). And the correct way around.I checked TechTablets review. They installed exactly the same Transcend model I tried (256GB instead of my 128GB) and that also seemed to be detected immediately.
I sent a message to Chuwi service. Hope they can help. Might be a hardware issue.

Use magic Report

viperpiper| Post time 2-17-2017 05:17:37 | Show all posts
I installed an SSD and didn't think it was being detected until I went into Computer Management/Disk Management.  I saw the drive there but it wasn't assigned a letter so went ahead and did that...afterwards it shows up.  Maybe the same issue for you  ???

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 2-17-2017 08:03:52 | Show all posts
Hi!
I just followed Ernst instructions how to clone the eMMC on the M.2 and it worked:

https://techtablets.com/forum/to ... to-a-256gb-m-2-ssd/

I noticed that if you don't put a boot partition on the M.2, the SSD option doesn't show up in the bios.

Hope that it works well for you.
I am currently experiencing issues with overheating which cause the lapbook to hibernate which is killing me as I don't do anything so heavy like gaming. It seems that using the eMMC doesn't cause the issue...

Use magic Report

Vicus| Post time 2-17-2017 10:25:34 | Show all posts
mbaruzzo replied at 2-17-2017 08:03
Hi!
I just followed Ernst instructions how to clone the eMMC on the M.2 and it worked:

Hello viperpiper and mbaruzzo,

Disk management does not see the SSD. Also Macrium free does not see the disk. As I tried with two brand new SSD's I slowly have to conclude that I am facing a hardware failure. So far no response from Chuwi. If and when I get a conclusion regarding the problem I will post it.

Thanks for your suggestions

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 2-18-2017 01:34:54 | Show all posts
If it is not seen in disk management then it's weird.
After I inserted my Adata 256 gb and I opened the bios, the only sign that it was detected was under "security" tab as shown in the image attached.
After I cloned the eMMC to the SSD, then I could see it also under the UEFI boot.

Good luck!
adatasmall.jpg

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-23-2017 09:09:56 | Show all posts
Just ordered
ADATA Premier SP600NS34 Solid state drive 256 GB intern M.2 2242

Now i just hope that the Lapbook that should arrive tomorrow have no problem with it
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Vicus| Post time 2-24-2017 11:00:58 | Show all posts
mbaruzzo replied at 2-18-2017 01:34
If it is not seen in disk management then it's weird.
After I inserted my Adata 256 gb and I opened  ...

Thanks again mbaruzzi.

SSD still not visible.

Short update. It has been well over a week since I send emails to Chuwi regarding this issue. So far no reply from them. I have to say that I am very disappointed with Chuwi's support.
Has anybody had any luck successfully contacting Chuwi? If so, please advice me.

Thanks in advance,
Vicus

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-24-2017 19:32:18 | Show all posts
Vicus replied at 2-24-2017 20:00
Thanks again mbaruzzi.

SSD still not visible.

TBH i don't think you will get any response from Chuwi about the SSD problem you are having, since Chuwi does not officially support M.2 SSD in the device
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list