ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 [SOLVED M.2 NOT SUPPORTED] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 does n ...

Follow Us

[SOLVED M.2 NOT SUPPORTED] Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 does not find M.2 2242 SSD

[Copy link]

Vicus|Post time:3-2-2017 12:14:37 View:909|Reply:14

Vicus| Post time 3-1-2017 22:44:56 | Show all posts
Edited by Vicus at 3-1-2017 22:55

UPDATE

Still no answer from Chuwi. However GearBest did answer my question. This is the answer I received:

For this problem, we have contected the product department.
The following is their advice.
Please note BiOS can not be changed;
This product can support external SSD products can be inserted on the computer can be found,

The supplier tried to that successfully, but the current structure into the cover can not cover;

I think what they are saying is that the M.2 SSD is NOT supported. So lucky if it works for you but sorry if it doesn't. In my case it means that I wont be able to use a M.2 SSD.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-1-2017 22:57:28 | Show all posts
Vicus replied at 3-2-2017 07:44
UPDATE

Still no answer from Chuwi. However GearBest did answer my question. This is the answer I re ...

Could you please take a pic of your installed SSD in the lapbook and post it here
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Vicus| Post time 3-2-2017 08:35:48 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 3-1-2017 22:57
Could you please take a pic of your installed SSD in the lapbook and post it here

Had to take everything apart and reinstall so I hope this pic helps you....
M2SSD.jpg

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-2-2017 11:46:40 | Show all posts
Vicus replied at 3-2-2017 17:35
Had to take everything apart and reinstall so I hope this pic helps you....

Thanks alot

Your sure there is none of the components on the other side of the SSD that is making some kind og short circut on the plate ?

I just find it wierd it dosen't work
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Vicus| Post time 3-2-2017 12:14:37 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 3-2-2017 11:46
Thanks alot

Your sure there is none of the components on the other side of the SSD that is making ...

When I initially installed the SSD I put a small piece of tape on the metal strip to prevent the SSD (both the Adata and the Transcend) from coming into contact with the metal.
For the purpose of taking this picture as per your request I did not put tape on the metal strip.

And you are correct, it is weird but unfortunately for me it is also reality. I like the product so I will not return it. However I would have loved the product if the SSD had worked. So for future buyers, be aware that the product might not work with a M.2 SSD.

And regarding Chuwi support, Chuwi does not offer any support!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list