ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Open-ended] Multi-booting on the Hi13

Follow Us

[Open-ended] Multi-booting on the Hi13

[Copy link]

doodzilla|Post time:4-28-2017 03:02:31 View:2457|Reply:14

Edited by doodzilla at 5-1-2017 00:48

Will the Hi13 ever be released in dual boot version in the near future?
[edited the name of this thread as the discussion is evolving into linux booting also, not just windows and android 5/1/2017]

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 3-4-2017 13:53:53 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 3-4-2017 22:55

Impossible. Intel will not release drivers for this processor's android
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-29-2017 23:31:12 | Show all posts
Because the Chuwi Hi13 use the Apollo Lake CPU, so Android can't be used for Hi13. It will support Ubuntu OS.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-17-2017 06:22:11 | Show all posts
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

glpub| Post time 4-25-2017 05:39:01 | Show all posts
emily replied at 3-29-2017 23:31
Because the Chuwi Hi13 use the Apollo Lake CPU, so Android can't be used for Hi13. It will support U ...

Every time i read that Android can't be run on Apollo Lake I'm very curious -  what does it mean? CPU is x86_64, GPU has linux drivers. Some other hardware? Maybe, but that's not related to Apollo Lake.

I have successfully ran Android 7.1.1 on Hi13. Yep, it works relatively slow, crashes sometimes, but touchscreen works, wifi works, browser works. So I guess that with some debug and adopting kernel it's possible to have both(or 3) W10, Android and Linux on it.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-25-2017 08:09:25 | Show all posts
glpub replied at 4-25-2017 21:39
Every time i read that Android can't be run on Apollo Lake I'm very curious -  what does it mean?  ...

Wow. Did you use an emulator on Windows for running Android? From the way you described it, I discern that it's probably something more elaborate. Please do tell us more if you can.

Or maybe at least, tell me which words to google and study to be able to learn tinkering triple boot like you have. O.O

I really did not expect this topic to continue. Thanks for breaking/resurrecting the previously closed/concluded thinking about the capabilities of Apollo Lake. glpub, you da man!

Use magic Report

glpub| Post time 4-25-2017 09:09:16 | Show all posts
There is a project called Android IA - Android on Intel Platform.

Entry point:
https://github.com/android-ia/manifest/wiki

With little knowledge of linux one is  able to build and run Android on it's Intel machine WITHOUT emulator, and i did that for Hi13.

Some notes - the whole build environment is huge, ~45Gb, and for finishing build you need extra 45Gb, so to build your android you need 90Gb on your HDD.
It takes time to pull all src and for sure it takes tiiiiiime to build, guess it took ~8-10h on my i7 laptop with 12Gb RAM.

After successful build you will have filesystem image which will not boot on Hi13, so you will need make some extra steps, which i described in another topic

P.S. This android not for real use (yet), just for testing

Use magic Report

sjmusic2| Post time 4-27-2017 06:38:18 | Show all posts
Has anyone dual-booted Remix OS on the Hi13 ? Any reasons why it wouldn't work well ?

Thanks !

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-27-2017 06:45:23 | Show all posts
Isn't Remix OS a form of android? Then I advice you to read this thread again as Apollo lakes don't natively support that.

There is a project called Android IA - Android on Intel Platform.

Congrats glpub, Very interesting to know
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ibm555| Post time 4-28-2017 03:02:31 | Show all posts
emily replied at 3-29-2017 23:31
Because the Chuwi Hi13 use the Apollo Lake CPU, so Android can't be used for Hi13. It will support U ...

Can you explain to us how we can run Ubuntu on the Hi13? We have tried several of us, but not succeeded. Personally I have tried several ways, including the method described in this forum's tutorial section.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list