ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Random Black Screen Chuwi hi10 PLUS

Follow Us

Random Black Screen Chuwi hi10 PLUS

[Copy link]

Chuwiaficionado|Post time:8-28-2017 09:05:34 View:4827|Reply:73

Chuwiaficionado| Post time 3-31-2017 11:00:43 | Show all posts
Edited by Chuwiaficionado at 3-31-2017 11:01

Hi everyone,
The suggestions that Inch provided (disabling acceleration settings in Chrome and OUtlook) worked for me.  No more black screen.  Nice job, Inch!  While this is a nice temporary fix, now Chuwi and Microsoft need to come up with some updates to the drivers or OS.  Below is the latest news from Intel about the issue.  Sounds promising!

"After all the research that we have done, I am afraid that the issue is the combination of hardware setup and the Operating system usage. Since we have already identified the issue having the native resolution exceeds the CPU capacity, you need to wait for the manufacturer to release a modified driver or patch for your system.
You can also try to apply with Windows Insider Program to install the Windows 10 Creators Update, which I heard have the performance improved on the system.

Regards,

Jose Manuel
Intel Customer Support"
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ghale| Post time 4-1-2017 02:36:18 | Show all posts
Edited by ghale at 4-1-2017 11:46

Since the beginning I've disabled hardware acceleration on Chrome.
But, I can assure you that the black screen issue happens.
I hope the next Windows Update can mitigate a little the problem.

Use magic Report

ghale| Post time 4-8-2017 10:43:18 | Show all posts
Even with Windows 10 Creators Update, I have the black screen issue.
Never more a Chuwi. It was my fault to buy something without customer assistance.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-9-2017 06:56:37 | Show all posts
I don't know whats different with my devices, but I have both and Hi10 Pro and an Hi10 Plus and I've never experienced this "black screen" issue in Windows with either of them...  I also seem to be able to read/write SD cards fine (which seems to be another problem that a lot of people have).  Anyone have any idea why I wouldn't be having these issues?  I''ve used Windows for hours at a time and not a single black screen?  Both of my devices have the 8350 CPU, but it sounds like others with the 8350 still have this issue...  Possibly newer BIOS (although Emily recenly stated that there have not been any BIOS updates).  My Hi10 Pro is a PQ (not an HQ) serial number.  I also have an 8300 version of the Hi10 Pro, but I haven't used Windows on it yet...

I'm certainly not complaining, but I'm curios what the difference is....

Use magic Report

ghale| Post time 4-10-2017 05:30:37 | Show all posts
I've put my device in the garbage.
I'll wait something more interesting to buy.

I'm leaving this forum.

BTW: to check if someone has replied me without receiving an email, is a symptom of the quality of all ChuWi products.
Goodbye.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 4-10-2017 14:28:31 | Show all posts
ghale replied at 4-10-2017 14:30
I've put my device in the garbage.
I'll wait something more interesting to buy.

f you are still there, you could try updating the driver that was published in this forum, in addition to disabling software acceleration in Crome

Chuwi Vi10 Plus Driver C189.zip

205.94 KB, Downloads: 69

Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

zipo46| Post time 6-14-2017 04:36:12 | Show all posts
Hi Everyone, i  had maybe similiar issue with this table screen in windows 10, the screen is moving it self from right to left, and changes colour. in Event Viewer there is a display warning about igfx stoped and restarted. but this issue is gone when i uninstall intel hd graphic driver(i think its latest version) and use microsoft basic display adapter, also disabling windows update in services. At least i can write document without screen issues, but lagging while playing videos in fullscreen. is there any update about this problem and new driver yet?

Use magic Report

Mavors| Post time 8-28-2017 07:28:55 | Show all posts
Hi. Is there any progress with eliminating the flicker of the screen. When you already solve the problem and people will be able to use your devices normally.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-28-2017 08:07:56 | Show all posts
Mavors replied at 8-28-2017 16:28
Hi. Is there any progress with eliminating the flicker of the screen. When you already solve the pro ...

Do you mean the screen flicker in windows while charging the battery?
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Mavors| Post time 8-28-2017 09:05:34 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-28-2017 08:07
Do you mean the screen flicker in windows while charging the battery?

No. When a black screen appears for 3-7 seconds during eg surfing in the browser.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list