ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Solved] Hi13 battery and accessories uncertainty

Follow Us

[Solved] Hi13 battery and accessories uncertainty

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-18-2017 11:59:27 View:1877|Reply:15

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 15:36:25 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-31-2017 15:50
technisol replied at 3-31-2017 12:32

technisol| Post time 2 hour(s) ago | Show the author posts only
Let me make this easy for you, they are now backpeddling and telling you that there are two batteries connected in series so 7.4Vdc was accurate, but they are only 5,000maH batteries so only 37W/Hr TOTAL...  I believe I mentioned something earlier about specs being self serving and translation "mistakes" being made in another thread...  Though, I'll admit the 12Vdc still has me wondering, unless bs like the 7.4Vdc @ 10A specs...  You noticed how they raced to correct your assumptions only after you directly questioned them?  It's been what, 8 days since you first posted?

Believe only half of what you see, one quarter of what you read, and nothing you're told, especially by an authority on the subject.  Unless it's me, of course.  I'm true blue, upright, upstanding, unwavering and honest to the core.  Here, let me hold your wallet, it looks heavy...  ;-)

FWIW, I don't think it's clear to you either. I don't think your feedback clarified correct specs. @Emily's last reply is yesterday. This thread started in februari (see first reply, and creation date in the threads list), but I didn't question the specs. AliExpress had 37Wh, which I questioned in the first specs anouncement thread, and wondered about. I calculated with what I was presented. You're wildly speculating even though with valid experience. Scepticism can be a double edged sword.

I fundamentally disagree with you as far as "fundamental deceptions" go indicated by Chuwi "back pedaling". To me it's sooner a communications issue. There is no way in my mind that Chuwi risks its reputation by advertising in images copied all over that it's 10 000 mAh, falsly.

And there is no way 37Wh can have similar uptime with the Hi13 rest of relevant specs in comparison to Hi12. Either Chuwi or the device itself will be the deciding source on this. If specs changed, and the cascading of the communications hasn't, like a slow update on the improved design of the Hipen H3, then I understand the inconsistency.

But I sooner think that it's unclear to @Emily, what she has been told on the total battery capacity of the Hi13. Even though I could be wrong on this.

Thanks for your enthusiasm though. But I don't think your worldview is complete either. Humor works well when all else fails.

Edit: elaboration.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 16:58:16 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-31-2017 17:34

So I couldn't avoid looking into the claims of the sceptics, and the assumption is that the two 5000mAh are connected in a series with a total of 7.4Volts thus a 37Wh total of the two just like @technisol said and @linuxslate.com similarly supposed it could be.

According to the following, if the assumption is true, then indeed the correcting calculation is correctly adding the individual volts only, as confirmed by: http://electronics.stackexchange ... ery-cells-in-series

This has implications about "presentations" of both the Hi12 and Hi13 battery capacities in advertisements, and would explain leaving the volts out of those advertisements. The focus is highest numbers, and a "fair" estimate of uptimes. The advertisements despite change in battery "arrangement" was thus comparable, if the following holds.

Now the Hi12 is supposed to be a single 11 000 mAh battery with 3.7 Volts? Remaining as calculated 40.7 Wh. Which means the Hi13 indeed has less total capacity than Hi12, yet same "fair" estimate of general use (suggests more efficiency). Which means @doodzilla was right, that the Hi13 has effectively a "smaller battery" in capacity at least than the Hi12. And that it's therefore puzzling why the Hi13 is thicker than the Hi12 as @doodzilla stated briefly to the point.

I blame the market. And thus also Chuwi. I'm disillusioned and tired. I wanted to manage my expectations and be positive. This has not helped in an ideal way, at all.

@technisol & @doodzilla, I apologise for being blinded with presented specs and putting too much "faith" in a "simple world". I will correct the thread more thoroughly once I have the device, to avoid more edits if something else doesn't add up.

This thread has been a total drain of time and energy, and a source/amplification of misinformation. For a few simple lessons. I'm "too old for this stuff".

Update:

Emily confirms her most recent reply here. She doesn't yet know for sure about how many batteries are in the Hi12. But the 2 batteries in the Hi13 probably are indeed in a series. To her it's a matter of "expression": 10 000mAh, 3.7V, 37Wh, OR 5000mAh, 7.4V, 37Wh.

I would have preferred the image advertisements included watts-per-hour/Wh as well as the big numbers with no voltage. The different voltages in the specs listing confused the matter to me. Now "I've to assume" more efficiency in the Hi13, to have the same "fair" estimate as the Hi12.

Edits: update + multiple counts of fail recovery.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 17:58:34 | Show all posts
To those in the know, what is the advantage of connecting two separate batteries in a series instead of a single one with the same total capacity?
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 04:01:05 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-31-2017 17:58
To those in the know, what is the advantage of connecting two separate batteries in a series instead ...

To attempt to answer my own question, it seems the answer at least also is duo to the chosen layout in the Hi13, so logistical/geometrical reason, as far as it seems in the "internal reveal": http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 2&fromuid=19651

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-14-2017 15:58:19 | Show all posts
The Hi12 also has 2 batteries: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3894-1-1.html

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-18-2017 11:59:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The Chuwi advertising image depicting Hi13 battery capacity has changed to stating 37Wh to avoid any confusions or unnecessary accusations (volts further in the specs).  http://m.chuwi.com/mobilep/index/Chuwi-Hi13.html

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list