ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Overheating!

Follow Us

Overheating!

[Copy link]

mbaruzzo|Post time:4-15-2017 04:03:19 View:898|Reply:6

Hi all,
Since I received my Chuwi 14.1 always had problems with overheating. I only do surfing, social media, email, documents, no gaming at all but the CPU always overheats and the lapbook shuts down.
This is very annoying because I have to constantly check the temperature.
I am sure that Chuwi could do a better job to dissipate the heat but since nobody is complaining about it, I am wondering if I am the lucky one... Chris from Techtablets had this issue only with gaming but it seems that I have this issue with normal use.
Temperature in idle is 60 degrees and reaching 100 degrees when working.
Anybody else encountered this issue? Could be bad driver?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-22-2017 23:14:53 | Show all posts
Maybe Chuwi forgot the thermal pad between cpu and the metal top they put over cpu, eMMC, ram and bios
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 2-23-2017 09:52:38 | Show all posts
I am gonna do the heatsink mod in the next days once I receive all the things I ordered to do the mod.
I can't use the lapbook as it is!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-23-2017 11:00:47 | Show all posts
Have also ordered parts so i can do that when my lapbook 14.1 have arrived
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 4-15-2017 02:36:45 | Show all posts
After the copper heatsink mod the cpu is overheating anyway on my Chuwi. In general the situation is slightly better but average temp is around 70-80 C when working (some office stuff, surfing, watching videos, listening music and NOT gaming) and if some process in the background is suddenly working (anti virus or whatever) then CPU temp jumps to 100 and laptop turns off for overheating. It is so frustrating, I really dunno what to do

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-15-2017 03:43:46 | Show all posts
mbaruzzo replied at 4-15-2017 12:36
After the copper heatsink mod the cpu is overheating anyway on my Chuwi. In general the situation is ...

Does the buttom where the cpu is placed get really hot ?
I'm thinking it might be a sensor failur
You could try to reinstall Windows and see if that help

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 4-15-2017 04:03:19 | Show all posts
it does really get hot, when I touch it the bottom is really burning on fire.
I now limited the CPU work lowering down from 100% to 99% the "maximum processor state" in power options of Win10 and it seems that it fixed the issue.
In this way the computer will be slower but at least the lapbook doesn't turn off... temp going from 50 to 80 max

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list