Follow Us

[Redirection] Hi13 Reviews

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:2-24-2017 18:26:57 View:1003|Reply:34

Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-26-2017 04:07

Redirecting to the Hi13 Reviews previously designated subforums:

Hi13 Text Reviews (including pictures)

Hi13 Video Reviews

If you have found more (links to) reviews, please add them however you find convenient in one of the above referenced subforums with the designated [Hi13] category (pulldown-menu), with perhaps a mention of something that drew your attention in the review.

Also I suggest posting a link in this thread, pointing to the newly added review thread in the above mentioned subforum. Because thus far I noticed this thread had relatively more views in the same amount of time, probably for being in the expected Hi13 subforum instead of the Hi13-category in the above mentioned subforum for reviews.

Previously, the responses in this thread were to:

According to the following page, as they compare the Hi13 with the Hi12, it seems they have their hands on the Hi13 somehow. As they describe the feel of the keyboard for instance, and build-difference between it and the tablet:

https://www.igeekphone.com/chuwi ... res-battery-review/
linked to by:
http://gearopen.com/tablets/chuw ... isons-review-50564/

(Moved and changed the request)

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-23-2017 18:45:12 | Show all posts
I noticed this review a few days ago too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-23-2017 18:47:00 | Show all posts
They're describing the Hi13 keyboard as plastic which confused me.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-24-2017 02:50:13 | Show all posts
Plastic or metal, doesn't matter, have Hi12 with both plastic and metal keyboard, HiBook Pro with metal keyboard, my next Chuwi tablet will be with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-24-2017 04:01:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-24-2017 06:07

I discourage the use of most BT keyboards, at least for use-cases when you take breaks from typing and either click with the mouse more or use the touch interface more for a while.

There is for the MS Sculpt keyboard for instance a default energy saving feature that can't be turned off (no driver option nor in Windows or Android), and your first press or a few presses after the timeout interval are used to wakeup the device, so if you don't pay attention you have to go back each time and fix what you wanted to type. I also felt there was a bit of extra lag, 10s of milliseconds, but perhaps that was in my head or it's this current BT version of the keyboard. Google for reviews about such timeouts and general lag. Some people pick that up and are bothered by it like me, and some don't notice it or don't mind. Especially those with different use-cases that don't notice any lag in comparison to a different tech or connection, wouldn't mind perhaps.

So I kept it just to remember why I don't like it unless I have a specific use-case for it, since it wasn't that expensive. I got a wireless USB instead, which wakes up and types immediately, only the touchpad integrated in the keyboard can't wakeup the keyboard so have to press a key first.

If you choose either tech, be sure you don't mind their specific quirks, or make sure your model is implemented better.

From what I understand Hi13 supports OTG too (if relevant, I think it's needed for USB HUIs too), so an adapter is needed from USB-C to standard USB and from there to a little passive hub for (in case the OTG adapter doesn't have more ports) for a USB keyboard and mouse, if one doesn't want the keyboard dock for the standard USB ports too (in tent-mode for use with another keyboard) or uses a 3rd party tablet stand, like for portrait mode to see full page documents or book pages in "full screen".

I want the keyboard dock, also to protect the screen in my bag, and have a portable directly connected keyboard like a regular laptop. But for work I would be putting the tablet on a foldable stand (make sure the back of the stand has enough support for such a big touch surface) in portrait-mode ("standing up") to see full book pages without zooming in the page, and easily navigate on a Windows integrated virtual desktop to a different Reader Window of the same book to cross-reference or look back at what I forgot about, by using the search function or navigation pane of the Adobe Reader DC. Then swiping from outer left edge of the screen to right again (default Windows 10 gesture for touchscreens) to switch desktop and thus default focused window to go back to my original PDF window in fullscreen mode at the page I was at, to effortlessly continue reading.

I share my keyboard and mouse from a different device via Synergy (buggy, but works, especially with hotkeys setup), handy for copy and paste between a number of different OS devices too, via "shared clipboard". To copy from the book into the editor on the default device for instance. That's why I'm not counting on the Hi13 for any major performance needs, but instead want it as a reader and digital notepad (OneNote for me), a cheap but more convenient digital alternative to paper and pencil or pen, at least more convenient to me for portability and other digital benefits.

Currently doing that on a refurbished Surface Pro (first gen) but the relatively small screen at 10.8inch and narrow ratio (not a 3:2) is kind of a bummer. And I wanted to have a cheaper screen than MS but bigger and more paper like screen resolution. So that's how I found the Chuwi Hi13. I think it will be getting used to such a singificant screen size upgrade. I had a 13.3inch Android once before replacing it with a more portable even cheaper one with dual simslots, which was handy for a while. But definitely not a pleasent reading screen because of the very low PPI and small screen.

Hopefully my experience and use-case gives an idea how to enjoy what the Hi13 (especially with it's dedicated accessories) might be meant for with clearly lower performing specs than the expensive "originals" or other alternatives, but exactly right where it counts for such use-cases. Although needing to get used to so much screen space and weight to hold on to, but to me I estimate it will be worth it in comparison. Until a future version from Chuwi or others. Then I would upgrade my other one as the performance working horse but also with active stylus pen support, without compromise in PPI or much in screen size.

EDITS: (language) improvements and additions.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-24-2017 07:14:46 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-24-2017 07:50
doodzilla replied at 2-23-2017 18:47
They're describing the Hi13 keyboard as plastic which confused me.

Also the following:
You can not easily use an external mouse and his keyboard, but using it with the built-in touchpad, far too imprecise.

And
Rejected however the touchpad, small and not very accurate.

I think they mean there is no full size USB ports, hence need of an (OTG) adapter. Without the keyboard dock at least.

Seems also to suggest the touchpad isn't useful for heavy use. But at least works and can get you out of a bind quickly on the go if packed light without a BT mouse. Perhaps an early version that got improved? If not, then maybe Chuwi staff would have to notice their feedback?

Can anyone give feedback about expected palm-rejection quality? Or does Windows 10 fully take care of that?

Use magic Report

justifun| Post time 2-24-2017 11:42:33 | Show all posts
Both of these reviews are the same thing.  And its written in a way that feels like a bot just took all of the information from various store pages and doesnt actually provide any new information (such as a lack of actual product pictures of someone who has it in in their hands).  This is setting off so many red flags for me.  I wouldn't trust these "reviews"

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-24-2017 12:09:36 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-24-2017 12:18

Can't be a result of an automated translator? One links to the other for stats of the shortlink with the bait of seeing the price.
Not that many have clicked to read the other copy with the price. Stats: https://goo.gl/MD59XJ.info

Igeekphone.com provides the first China tech news and reviews about smartphone, tablets, RC drones, VR headset, and other accessories. It's the best platform to improve your brand and product.
Contact us: info@igeekphone.com
I'll contact them to get a statement about the legitimacy of the review and a response about the red flags.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 2-24-2017 15:54:33 | Show all posts
justifun replied at 2-24-2017 20:42
Both of these reviews are the same thing.  And its written in a way that feels like a bot just took  ...

I can only agree with you about all the red flags, curse it they have one, why not make som pic insted of using the pics that you can find all over the net

I don't trust it either
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

JayceOoi| Post time 2-24-2017 18:26:57 | Show all posts
Don't bother these review websites without any real photo. They are basically affiliate sites that want to earn your money only.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list