ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Redirection] Hi13 Reviews

Follow Us

[Redirection] Hi13 Reviews

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:3-22-2017 02:52:49 View:2945|Reply:36

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-26-2017 02:31:00 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-26-2017 02:32

I've yet to receive a response from info@igeekphone.com.

That aside for now, there is a relevant Hi12 thread that gives a perspective also with some polling feedback, that both offer a good contrast  between the dedicated/"integrated" keyboard dock and some/general alternatives:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2397-1-1.html

EDIT: fixed email.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-1-2017 12:02:27 | Show all posts

"Preliminary" igeekphone.com Hi13 Review and comparison with Hi12

The following post wasn't approved to be put in the correct thread:

Previously I used the wrong sub-forum and posted a link to a controversial review of the Hi13, which was followed up with responses from other users: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3660-1-1.html

I've contacted igeekphone.com by email, and I also asked subsequent questions based on Sam's feedback. You can find the email interaction thus far here below.

Hi Sam!

Thank you for your helpful feedback.

I'll update the forum with it. And I've now a few new important questions based on your feedback.

1. Does that mean there is a fake Chuwi Hi13 tablet out there on the market?

2. But how can then the rest of the review also about the keyboard for example be correct if the Hi13 that REYAN SIDDIQUI reviewed was fake?

3. From where did he get it from? It's important to warn other (potential) Chuwi buyers to watchout for the source of the fake tablet.

Thanks again in advance.

Gr.,
Z.

On Feb 27, 2017 4:04 AM, "info" <info@igeekphone.com> wrote:

sorry for this article, we have confirmed from Chuwi, the keyboard is metal, we have corrected it. When we got the real tablet, then make a detailed review.

thx for your kind understanding.
best regards,
Sam

------------------ Original ------------------
Date:  Sat, Feb 25, 2017 08:18 AM
To:  "info"<info@igeekphone.com>;
Subject:  Your Hi13 review and comparison

Hi!

It's about your article:
https://www.igeekphone.com/chuwi ... res-battery-review/

We need a statement as (potential) customers of Chuwi at their forum.

Is it true that the above article is written based on a Chuwi Hi13 that you or the reviewer has or had somehow?

There is some speculation that your article is the result of a bot. Because there is no picture proof of having a Hi13 that you reviewed. And the language if not from an automated translator, might be also a sign that it's not a legitimate article. Please comment on this.

If it's okay with you, I'll post your answer and comment to the forum:
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... e=1&extra=#pid19942

Thank you in advance.

Gr.,
Z.

3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-2-2017 02:05:33 | Show all posts
His response suggests avoiding what they base their docking keyboard review on, although the article isn't called a review but rather a comparison of mostly known specs. The keyboard description seemed a tad more specific and hands-on. The response simply states how to avoid getting a fake one basically. Of course it can be interpreted in a negative sense as well. But there is no point.

Date: Mar 2, 2017 09:57
Subject: Re:Your Hi13 review and comparison
To: "Zen Balancer" <>
Cc:

right now Chuwi hi13 is in presale, you can get it from Chuwi best reseller, gearbest, geekbuying,official aliexpress store.  Sorry, very busy. Reply late.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-10-2017 10:31:12 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-26-2017 05:53

A link to what seems to be a specs review in the reviews subforum with  a perspective: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3727
Update: it seems that subforum is strictly moderated:
Specified thread does not exist or is under moderation.
Uodate2: It has been approved since a few days, but also set to locked: [Hi13] Chuwi Hi13 Review: tabletpccomparison.net

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-12-2017 04:50:45 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 2-24-2017 04:01
I discourage the use of most BT keyboards, at least for use-cases when you take breaks from typing a ...

I wanted to use the Hi13 as a reading device, too. For comic books on portrait mode. I know that its dimensions are almost the same as a standard comic book but around an inch longer on all sides, so it's easier and more pleasant to read.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-21-2017 15:16:27 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-12-2017 04:50
I wanted to use the Hi13 as a reading device, too. For comic books on portrait mode. I know that i ...

Have you considered/tried BlueStacks Android emulation for your Manga apps for instance? If you required dual boot version for that, it could be an interesting or even more convenient solution. Not having to reboot. And having the ability to upgrade the android stack unlike the dual boot I presume. The downside is on average less than 100% performance the hardware is capable of, and no BT support in BlueStacks Android. But I prefer not needing to reboot, and more storage space for in Windows. Otherwise both OS would be more limited in space as well as the "inconvenience" of dual boot.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-22-2017 02:25:38 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-21-2017 15:16
Have you considered/tried BlueStacks Android emulation for your Manga apps for instance? If you re ...

Thank you for the insight and suggestion, ZenBalancer. Sadly, that is not my use case for the dual boot. I don't need Android apps to view my comicbook files, I can do it in Windows.

I insist on dual boot feature for using my tablet 2-in-1 as a main or extra device for playing Pokemon Go. I know both the Hi12 and Hi13 don't have GPS so I plan on using an external GPS device or dongle with it. I'm still choosing one. Then use my phone's mobile data wifi hotspot too.

Pokemon Go requires at least Android 4.4 but my mobile phone only has 4.2.2. This is my backup mobile. I lost my Android 5.1 phone last November. Haven't been able to continue the game since then hehe.

Bluestacks or any Android emulator does not support GPS yet right? I'm trying to keep up with the latest tech news too.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-22-2017 02:37:26 | Show all posts
Windows for freelance VA/Transcription work, Android for Pokemon Go and Android apps exploration/experimentation

Either of both OS's for media consumption: movies, comic books

I also like the dual boot device as a novelty item. It seems like they won't be making any of these in the near future. It would soon be a quirky vintage tech device.

Tinkering possibilites. The dual boot device shows that dual boot feature is possible. And to be made in at least an average functional way at that.

4GB RAM is adequate tho I wish for higher tier option too. 2MP front & 5MP camera also is still way better than a rear camera of 2MP and a front of 0.3MP. At least the 2/5 combination makes the camera useful in a basic way if it is ever used. Somewhat standard definition in good light conditions not pixelated to death like the .3/2 combination or even the 2/2 combination.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-22-2017 02:49:23 | Show all posts
If I didn't want to play Pokemon Go, maybe I'd buy a refurbished Surface Pro 3 then outfit it with Surface Pro 4 Type cover eventually.

Or this tempting deal: https://www.productchart.com/tablets/11978

$299
Fujitsu Lifebook Stylistic Q704 12.5" Tablet - Intel Core i5-4200 1.6GHz 8GB RAM 128GB SSD Windows 10 Professional (Certified Refurbished)
with tablet and stylus included acc'd to the Amazon seller I consulted thru email.
chig6.jpg

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-22-2017 02:52:49 | Show all posts
Edited by doodzilla at 3-24-2017 00:57

But I keep coming back to Chuwi because of the dual boot function. Not Even Microsoft or Apple or Samsung can boast any dual boot Win/Android functionality on their devices. Only the Chinese crew now (and some other lesser known manufacturers like Neo and Cherry Mobile in my country the Philippines).

Dual boot is Chuwi's strength, they shouldn't be too quick to abandon it. hehe

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list