ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 vs Competition

Follow Us

Hi13 vs Competition

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-2-2017 03:28:45 View:2257|Reply:27

Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-3-2017 05:03

The following is mostly an overview page of great relevant deals (including some coupons) showing the competition with also some similarly early but mostly much earlier attempts at the cheaper segment Surface Pro 1-4 alternatives and some Surface Book alternatives:
http://www.bestchinatablets.com/ ... -updated-regularly/

There is also older products but somewhat relevant ones:
http://www.mytrixtech.com/product-category/tablet-and-laptop-pc/

This is also meant as a starting point to compare Hi13 with any promising competitor 2in1 (tablet/detachable) with active stylus pen and high PPI density on a similarly sized screen, within similar price range.

The older models from the various competitors are yet to catch up on the PPI front at least, or have a much smaller screen, or exclude active stylus support.

Edit: improved comparison description.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-23-2017 18:23:57 | Show all posts
Edited by doodzilla at 3-29-2017 11:24

http://www.tabletpccomparison.net/

this is my favorite site so far for comparing tablets; it includes chinese brands, though the hi13 has not been included in the list yet.

this compilation website helped me a big deal decide on the Hi12, before the Hi13 announcement from Chuwi.
update: Hi13 has now been included in the site: http://www.tabletpccomparison.net/chuwi-hi13
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 09:14:16 | Show all posts
FWIW, an additional GearBest related comparison with Hi13: https://www.igeekphone.com/tag/chuwi-hi13-gearbest/
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 19:33:06 | Show all posts
It seems the Hi13 doesn't have any competition right now when it comes to similar display size and price range.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-29-2017 04:45:12 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-28-2017 19:33
It seems the Hi13 doesn't have any competition right now when it comes to similar display size and p ...

Everyone keeps underestimating/forgetting that combination you listed, but with "retina" level PPI. Granted Hi13 is not that well suited as a "heavy multitasking workhorse". People still referring to laptops as tablets and wanting Chuwi tablets to match in specs and price (referring to recent releases).. to match cheaper competitor laptops with better specs, or to just lower PPI like most of older products of competitors in the "same price class". Better "internals" is logically welcome. It's all about usecase priorities. If people complain now about prices, imagine even better "combined specs" in the current market. I don't think the Hi13 serves usecase requirements of a lot of people that are complaining.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-1-2017 01:29:26 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-29-2017 20:45
Everyone keeps underestimating/forgetting that combination you listed, but with "retina" level PPI ...

yup, pretty much.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-1-2017 02:26:31 | Show all posts
According to new posts over at TechTablets, Cube is close to releasing a 6GB RAM  Apollo Lake tablet with Surface Pro 4 screen. I dunno if it's appropriate for me to place a link. This is a thread about "the competition" vs Hi13 after all, it may be okay. Anyway, the tablet is called the iwork 3X. Smaller screen than the Hi13, but same ppi 267 and same processor. More RAM. Wew.

Competition is sizzling now.

Chuwi is no longer the only exclusive on Chinese tablet market high end screens.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-1-2017 03:10:48 | Show all posts
And the specs are

12.3-inch, 2736 x 1824 IPS display. 3:2 aspect ratio. 267 PPI (Same screen used in Surface Pro 4)
    Intel Apollo Lake Celeron N3450 (2.2Ghz max boost)
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    128GB SSD
    Windows 10 Home
    740 grams in weight
    8500 mAh battery
    MircoSD, HDMI support
    Kickstand and optional keyboard
    2MP 720p front-facing web camera
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-1-2017 03:30:54 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-1-2017 08:58

The Moderators encouraged the comparison between the Hi13 and the big 3: Microsoft, Apple, Samsung. As long as this thread doesn't get closed or worse, it's relevant for them too to know their position in the current market. They can't sensor information to their advantage forever, no one can no matter how hard they try. It's a matter of time. And it's smarter perhaps to offer "indepth" contextually relevant feedback instead.

Is it me or does the iWork 3X miss active stylus support? http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-iwork-3x-2-in-1-tablet-pc.html

When you say same screen as the Surface Pro 4, you mean also same stylus support that of the Surface Pro 4? Why not mentioned in the specs to their advantage? And why do they explicitly state the stylus versions of their products like the iWork11 Stylus?

I accidentally left out Active stylus support in my combination of specs in my subsequent post; it should be in there though for a "real competition" or "feature complete" competition (certainly it will be there, just not yet it seems), in the same price class. Also no DualBand WiFi? No WiDi? Slower charger/charging. Although extras.

I did state in my original thread post the "illusiveness" of comparables:
This is also meant as a starting point to compare Hi13 with any promising competitor 2in1 with active stylus pen and high PPI density on a similarly sized screen. The older models from the various competitors are yet to catch up on the PPI front at least, or have a much smaller screen, or exclude active stylus support.

Edit: clarity + correction.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-2-2017 03:28:45 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-2-2017 03:33

Just saw on Google Cards, the Teclast X3 Plus, also same CPU as the Hi13, but smaller screen than X3 thus even smaller than Hi13, lower PPI even than Surface Pro 1st Gen. It does add active stylus support to the X3 name, but lowers some other specs. It does also have more RAM than the Hi13. It's about the same price range 2in1. Teclast isn't well-known for great "screen quality" and higher pressure sensitivity styli. The "low" PPI here might suggest the focus is still the same. This seems a new release.

Also I just revisited the Hi13 ad images, and there is a small claim that it's the exact same screen as the Surface Book. Not just same screen specs. But they're using their own design of the stylus, does not seem to be the soft tip stylus of the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. I don't know if others claim the same screen as a Microsoft 2in1, whether the stylus support is automatic. I would guess: not.

Edit: correction.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list