ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 DCMissues: Design, Components & Manufacturing ...

Follow Us

Hi13 DCMissues: Design, Components & Manufacturing

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:3-28-2017 08:32:09 View:498|Reply:8

Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-25-2017 04:01

Please reference or report any known issues about the Hi13. The idea is to focus a thread on a specific design, component and/or manufacturing issue and reference to Chuwi staff.
Update: I think driver and firmware issues are not a DCMissue, but a support issue. For instance when a Windows update breaks something on the Hi13 specifically, at least 1 year or more compatibility support should be offered by default. And 2 years or more for Chuwi's premium class products. But it's only a hopeful expectation. We will notice their priorities and feasable models organically. I'll set a separate abbreviation for one or two additional main categories in a sperate thread. End of update paragraph.

It might be a bit more efficient instead of many individual tickets that don't have a common place to keep the relevant info central. An issue tracking system would have been preferred instead of an organic FAQ system alone (myPhpFAQ system alone is inadequate, which is a sperate system from this forum), which is too broad and can be about any difficulty that would not be a manufacturing, component or design issue of the Hi13.

So maybe to keep the posts about multiple issues  grouped together using this forum thread, let's use "tagging" by using a convention, since this forum system doesn't seem to support tagging. And the FAQ system doesn't support easy discussion about the issue.

The convention can be to start the post or paragraph with for example Hi13issue#<number>:

So when searching through the thread with the "tag" all relevant references and feedback can be listed. In theory. But I've not tested it.

UPDATE:
The search engine doesn't index posts content so that includs "Hi13issue" but can find the thread topic with "hi13 dcmissue" (without quotes) in this case. So that forces me to give each possible issue its own thread. Perhaps that keeps the issues focused. And resolved issues could be marked in the subject with the prefix (Resolved).
And to keep the threads marked clearly from general issues, I suggest the abbreviation in the new thread subject.

For example: (Resolved) Hi13 DCMissue#1: touchpad small and inaccurate.
Which could happen in its successor model perhaps.

Just to sperate general issues from DCMissues. And group and reference DCMissues to Chuwi staff via search results for instance. As fundamental problems or mistakes, not things that can be fixed with software (settings) or fiddling.

EDITS: update and improvements.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-24-2017 09:19:19 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-28-2017 08:38

Moved the first example to its own thread:http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... &extra=page%3D2

Edit: URL updated.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-25-2017 01:19:44 | Show all posts
Nice initiative, man. I'll try and follow this too. Since you invested much effort already and all.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 2-25-2017 01:20:16 | Show all posts
I have a few DCM ideas as well.. Hmm..

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 05:10:55 | Show all posts
Based on the attached google search page, I give notice that I'll be using the word "Solved" rather than "Resolved" because --- as it currently stands --- "Solved" is the better suited word for our subforum/forum. Will continue maintaining our online space from time to time.

Again, feel free to keep 'em inputs coming. All of them are very welcome here.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 05:10:57 | Show all posts
Based on the attached google search page, I give notice that I'll be using the word "Solved" rather than "Resolved" because --- as it currently stands --- "Solved" is the better suited word for our subforum/forum. Will continue maintaining our online space from time to time.

Again, feel free to keep 'em inputs coming. All of them are very welcome here.
2017-03-28.png

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 05:14:46 | Show all posts
Edited by doodzilla at 3-28-2017 21:15

Update: it seems your first DCM issue example post has been moderated, out of my access for now.

In the attached screenshot is what appears when I click the link with: Post time 2-25-2017 01:19:19.
2017-03-28 (1).png

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-28-2017 05:54:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-28-2017 05:10
Based on the attached google search page, I give notice that I'll be using the word "Solved" rather  ...

Yes.      

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-28-2017 08:32:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-28-2017 08:39
Update: it seems your first DCM issue example post has been moderated, out of my access for now.

In the attached screenshot is what appears when I click the link with

I wanted to add a poll, but that's not possible for existing threads. So I moved the content to a new thread and "tagged" the old thread as [Closed/Moved]. I noticed the old thread got deleted, because it was effectively moved. So it wasn't moderated wrongly.

Also here is the first one that started all this: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3675&extra=page%3D2

And here is the one that might be revealed as a DCMissue if the poll scores is bad: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3681&highlight=%5BPoll%5D

And here is the conventions thread I wrote once but didn't post it, and have not finished up the details to clarify why it might be worth it: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3805-1-1.html

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list