Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again - page 3 - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again

[Copy link]

seeknom|Post time:4-10-2017 22:17:55 View:6651|Reply:57

Vamire| Post time 3-5-2017 14:55:23 | Show all posts
Ask for a price cut from the shop you bought it. I took 30$ back for this issue. I will ask an other 30$ soon for an other problem. So for the 70-80$ its a good tablet and chuwi will have problem soon cuz gearbest, banggood etc will stay away from this company.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

seeknom| Post time 3-5-2017 17:46:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
This is a good idea and seems like a fair solution. Chuwi doesn't seem to want to even acknowledge the problem, so if they're going to ignore us I think we should escalate the issue to the vendors that sold us our devices. I'm going to email Gearbest right now.

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 3-13-2017 05:50:42 | Show all posts
So this thread triggered the first reaction from Emily/Chuwi on this topic.
Only to see they will react when it is solved.. at least that is what they thought is was; solved.

As we continue on this thread we see it is not solved at all. Chuwi went back to the "silent mode" again.

The formatting of the SD card, changing the filesystem to NTFS, multipartitions, I tried them all, nothing really works.
When I succeed to get the SD card visible in windows, I cannot even write to it.

As the status or accessibilty of the SD Card(s) is ever changing when switching OS, I am convinced it is a BIOS issue.
Updating the BIOS means flashing, means losing your baked in windows key...

Admitting they (Chuwi) screwed up means they have to deal with it and warranty claims will then be filed at mass... they rather wait till all warranty has expired.

The could simply avoid by providing correct BIOS with a BIOS flash tool that reads out your current key and restores it on flash completion...

Use magic Report

jeffw1206| Post time 3-13-2017 08:55:01 | Show all posts
You are right, They remain silent until they think their customers have solved their problem. Has anyone tired the warranty claim? I assume it means sending back to at our expense and waiting a long time . Even then, it may not work if indeed its a Bios or hardware issue .
Their silence is deafening and says a lot about the integrity ( or lack of) by Chuwi

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-13-2017 14:51:55 | Show all posts
Just keep blaming Chuwi, why not complain to M$, Intel or the companies that produce the SD cards

Alot of other manufactures of tablets having the same problem, even M$ Surface have it, as said before, i belive its the card itself that is the problem, i have a 64 GB and 128 GB, both Samsung EVO+ (red), they both works in my Hi12 and HiBook Pro, but i also have 16 GB Kingston and 128 GB Kingston, they are not geniue, but cheep China knock off, and they dosen't work in any of my 2 tablets, but works in my Lapbook 14.1, the Lapbook use another chipset, so for me its seems like a combination between chipset and card, where something fail
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 3-14-2017 04:16:45 | Show all posts
@Hackerjac.. yes and in all other tablets and 2 in 1 devices it has been solved. I have tested and tried anything and everything using a wide variety of SD cards from cheap(est) to expensive ultra speed Micro SD cards, from 8GB to 128GB. All cards could be read by my phones, laptops and desktops (I have several different devices in a variety of configs, from Linux, Windows, iOS and Android...

The Chuwi is the only device I have with problems.

It is not only that the issue may be on other brands too, it is the silence and ignorance shown to us by Chuwi... in fact it shows their disrespect towards their customers.

You say a combination between Chipset and card? Card no, chipset yes, in a way... the BIOS fails on the chipset...

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-14-2017 04:35:41 | Show all posts
pieter replied at 3-14-2017 13:16
@Hackerjac.. yes and in all other tablets and 2 in 1 devices it has been solved. I have tested and t ...

ohh other companys have solved it ?
Then why is ppl with Onda, Teclast even M$ Surface still complaining over its not working

You might have many devices, but how many of them runs on x5 Z8xxx chipset ?

and if its a bios problem, how come some don't have problems incl myself, even on 2 tablets
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 3-14-2017 10:21:15 | Show all posts
In the Telegram group of which I am the moderator, there have been the same cases of malfunction of SD cards.
Trying to isolate the problem I have to say that we have detected that there are cases of malfunctioning with SD cards sandisk ultra.
I myself have two Chuwi tablets running smoothly their Sandisk SD cards
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 3-20-2017 01:58:32 | Show all posts
@Hackerjac.. if you say it is working on 2 other tablets then it is even worse.. then it is bad manufacturing. Chuwi being silent on this cannot be explained other then pretend the problem isn't there and hope it goes away by itself.

For the MS surface all problems I see are solved, even for Acer 2in1s and other major brands... it is the chinese baked 2in1s that fail and probably because they all use the same hardware combination made by another Shenzen based company Hampoo.
We can bark up the hampoo tree of course but poeple bought a Chuwi, it is the task of Chuwi to sell what they promiss and correct the errors they made..
(either do not  promisse a working SD card or make sure it works)

Use magic Report

larmaanidis| Post time 4-10-2017 22:17:55 | Show all posts
Edited by larmaanidis at 4-10-2017 22:19

I just received a mail from Chuwi, as responce to SD Card problem:
"HI
Good day
so sorry to cause so much trouble for you , now this problem is very common  among our customers, so we need you send me the tablet and we need test it , the freight we can pay for , you don't need pay for any money . and the another god news is we can repair it ,and send you the good tablet , you can send it to this address

Address :2/F Kam Sha Mansion, 212 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Sham Shui Po, Kln, HK
Receiver :WangXiaoyang
TEL: (852)27178131   FAX: (852)27178728
POST CODE :99077   

when you sent the tablet , you can pay for the freight first , and then you give me your account , and we pay for your money ,
you need tell me the track number, and write a paper to explain your problem , then you put this paper in the package , thank you .
Kind Regards
CHUWI"

What do you think?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list