Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again - page 4 - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again

Follow Us

Hi10 Pro – microSD working in Windows again

[Copy link]

seeknom|Post time:4-22-2017 11:06:32 View:6555|Reply:57

NunoPT| Post time 4-11-2017 07:32:55 | Show all posts
Reply to the mail and question specifically what the repair consists of.

I also received mail from CHUWI, I asked directly what was the problem of the SD CARD Slot:
"Are CHUWI assuming that the problem with TF Slot is not software / Firmware issue or a BIOS issue, but a HARDWARE failure?"

If it is to go for repair is it because they assume there is a manufacturing problem !? What do you think?

And they simply did not answer the question and only justify the fact that they have not yet been able to respond to the many mailings of clients with problems:
"... we have the after-sales service and repair station in Europe, we sincerely try our best to solve every problem about our customers, but our after-sales service is just set up ..."

What is involved is knowing what the SD card problem (software / Firmware issue, BIOS issue or HARDWARE failure, bad manufacturing, bad components ????)

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE SPECIFIC PROBLEM ????
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

larmaanidis| Post time 4-11-2017 09:00:03 | Show all posts
Edited by larmaanidis at 4-11-2017 09:01

It looks really messed up situation.
I think Chuwi as company started very wrong,creating products in hurry, without enough testing and without being ready to support them worldwide (terrible support service). They just "run" too fast and they lost control. More quantity (massive worldwide sales) but less quality (many failures).
It's normal to face a problem with your product, but is unacceptable to not have the support from the manufacturer,chuwi's support it's just a terrible joke.
Where are their engineers? Where are the solutions? Where are their marketing administrators? It's pity they don't care about all costumer's complains, about all these negative unanswered problems that are going public and push away new costumers.
We almost have become software engineers to solve chuwi's problems... Good luck to everyone.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-11-2017 10:39:42 | Show all posts
Welcome to inexpensive Chinese tablets!  :-)  There is a reason why they are so inexpensive...  For me, I actually bought them (and realy like them) not because they are "budget" devices, but simply because they can do things that no US-based products can do - dual-boot Windows and Android!  Plus they have keyboard docks - again, something that not many US-based Android devices have.

But since I am in the computer field (I'm a Unix admin), I don't mind the little quirks and figuring out how to fix them.  These are definitely not devices for everyone though...  

Use magic Report

jeffw1206| Post time 4-11-2017 14:18:42 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 4-11-2017 10:39
Welcome to inexpensive Chinese tablets!  :-)  There is a reason why they are so inexpensive...  For  ...

While they are inexpensive for the claimed capabilities ( dual boot, SD support to 128gb) they are a rip off when key features do not work. If the SD card doesn't work, then a key feature of the tablet is not functional, and for many, the reason the tablet was purchased is not working . Would you buy a cheap car and say its ok if the brakes do not work  work since it has a 10 speed auto transmission? The total lack of support, response to this problem is unacceptable, If the SD card problem is fixable, what is the permanent  fix and why doesn't Chuwi respond to the scored of complaints?

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-11-2017 19:15:03 | Show all posts
Personally, I don't have any issues with SD cards on any of my 4 Chuwi devices (at least that I've noticed), so it's not that it doesn't work at all.  Maybe certain SD cards do not work perfectly on certain devices, but it's not that its completely broken.  The limited support is one of the reasons why its so cheap - but I knew that going in (that you're pretty much on your own for support).  If you do your research before-hand, it's just up to you to decide whether or not it's worth the risk.  To me, it was.  Obviously, to you it wasn't.  

Also, not everyone uses the SD slot either - personally I don't normally use them in my devices - I've only been using them for testing because of this issue.  So it's not a "key feature" for everyone - again, all about what you need I guess.  It sounds like these are not the best devices for you and your uses - but obviously this potential issue is well known and documented, so if the SD card slot is such an important feature, then this may not be the best device for you.  I get it - it's frustrating - but again, I knew going in that the device may have some issues - and I was willing to accept that based on my needs.  At least the issue is well documented - it's not like Chuwi is going out of their way to "hide" the issue.  Whether or not they ever fix it, I can't say...

Use magic Report

otraver| Post time 4-17-2017 03:15:10 | Show all posts
larmaanidis replied at 4-10-2017 22:17
I just received a mail from Chuwi, as responce to SD Card problem:
"HI
Good day

Today I received this email from service@chuwi.com

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 4-18-2017 01:17:59 | Show all posts
larmaanidis replied at 4-10-2017 22:17
I just received a mail from Chuwi, as responce to SD Card problem:
"HI
Good day

Well.. A friend of mine returned a Hi10Pro because of a faulty screen... it got "lost".

Use magic Report

Chuwinomnom| Post time 4-20-2017 05:30:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mine has the same issue. I bought a low profile 128gb memory stick and use that in the keyboard USB port without any issues.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-22-2017 03:07:12 | Show all posts
I don't get it...  I must be the only one that has "perfectly working" Chuwi devices!  I don't have screen blackout issues, I don't have charing issues and I don't have any SD card issues (in Windows or Android)!  And I have (2) Hi10 Pro's and an Hi10 Plus right now...

I recently ordered some no-name MicroSD cards from China - both 64gb and 128gb class 10 cards.  They 128gb card was $8.60 shipping and even included a memory card reader!  These cheap MicroSD cards work perfectly in Windows and Android.  I use these Chuwi devices daily and I have been going out of my way to check both in Windows and Android and the card always shows up without issue.

Is there an easy way for me to *try* and cause this issue?  Would it be obvious if I had the issue?  

Like I said, I just don't understand it - I keep reading about all of these issues that supposedly affect ALL Hi10 Pro's, yet I don't have any of the issues on either one of my Hi10 Pros - or my Hi10 Plus for that matter!    What am I doing that is so different that I don't have these issues?  

Or did these issues really only affect *some* Hi10 Pros?

Use magic Report

RicOz| Post time 4-22-2017 11:06:32 | Show all posts
jtrosky replied at 4-22-2017 21:07
I don't get it...  I must be the only one that has "perfectly working" Chuwi devices!  I don't have  ...

I am rather envious of your situation sir

I have a  Hi10 Pro (PQ64G4216xxxxxx) Z8350 Hampoo Dual Boot with magnetic keyboard. It has developed the dreaded SD card disease. No black screen or charging issues though, thankfully.

It was fine at first, then became increasingly unreliable. Right now it takes many tries/combinations of insert, remove, reboot, restart, etc, etc, to get to see the card in either Windows or Android. However, when a device is this unreliable it is virtually useless in any practical sense in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with my cards. They work OK in the keyboard USB ports in an external card reader. And as you have discovered, even the no-name cards work.

I don't believe there is anything intrinsically wrong with the hardware or drivers either, even though the Windows driver versions have changed during its various upgrades.

I tend to think it has something to do with the timing of the loading of the resources for the card reader at boot time, simply because it works some of the time. That is, the device is not entirely dead.

From my observations, boot times vary greatly so something weird is happening with the tablet here. Boot times change depending on whether the device is charging or whether the card is present, or whether the card was seen last time. The duration of the last shutdown can vary boot time, e.g. minutes vs hours it was turned off. The method of shutdown option taken, e.g. Alt-F4, GUI, hardware button can vary the time it takes to shut the tablet down too. Trouble is, I can't find a combination that makes the SD card show up every time.

Windows boot parameters can be altered but I am reluctant to change anything for fear of breaking something else. I am not sure anything can be changed much on stock Android.

Intermittent faults are the most frustrating thing to resolve at the best of times but this one is enough to drive the most patient person crazy. It's no wonder Chuwi engineers remain silent on the issue if they have the same models in the same state as yours. I wish I did. If they've got one like mine they are probably well on the way to an insane asylum by now.

Having gone through this experience I would not buy another Chuwi device again, nor would I recommend anyone else do the same. Which is a shame really because the tablet itself is quite good quality and would be excellent value for money if the SD card reader worked 100% reliably. Or even if it worked 99% of the time would be OK with me!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list