[Open] Hi13 DCMissue#1 [Poll] - inaccurate and small touchpad or trackpad - page 2 - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Open] Hi13 DCMissue#1 [Poll] - inaccurate and small ...

Follow Us

[Open] Hi13 DCMissue#1 [Poll] - inaccurate and small touchpad or trackpad

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:10-29-2017 04:06:29 View:978|Reply:17

ZenBalancer| Post time 6-25-2017 06:50:44 | Show all posts
amichael replied at 6-14-2017 17:09
The touchpad is an acceptable size. The bigger problems: tapping sometimes does nothing, sometimes I ...

Thanks for pointing that out, now that I've it and am working with it, I noticed inconsistent performance of the touchpad as well. Maybe a new driver could tweak that a bit. I hope. But I'm going with the usual workarounds and ignoring this issue. It will get me out of a bind in places and postures without a mouse.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6-25-2017 06:53:45 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 6-25-2017 15:56
amichael replied at 6-14-2017 17:09
The touchpad is an acceptable size. The bigger problems: tapping sometimes does nothing, sometimes I ...

Some things like hyperlinks are consistently two taps for activation. Browser back button is single tap. Not sure whether options exist to tweak that. But I think I'll get use to it before then.
Edit: actually rule of thumb: if a single tap didn't work, a double tap will. A quirk?
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

amichael| Post time 8-2-2017 01:38:49 | Show all posts
I've been doing 'sticky taps'. Quick staccato taps won't be recognised, but it'll work reliably if you hold it for about 100 milliseconds with a bit of pressure.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 8-2-2017 13:12:07 | Show all posts
amichael replied at 8-2-2017 10:38
I've been doing 'sticky taps'. Quick staccato taps won't be recognised, but it'll work reliably if y ...

Thanks for the feedback, and term, I'll pay attention and see what I notice.

Use magic Report

Pajero| Post time 9-8-2017 06:41:28 | Show all posts
I am beginning to get a little frustrated with the track pad too. Its too unreliable.
Sometimes when i tap it isnt recognised, sometimes it is.
Pressing the left mouse button sometimes causes the right button menu to appear and sometimes the button just isnt recognised at all.
Its all very inconsistent and a shame really as it ruins the user experience of an otherwise decent piece of kit.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 9-8-2017 08:53:38 | Show all posts
I ended up using a wireless mouse...
Sometimes the trackpad woule be very laggy like, not correctly moving to the input I give it so... Not using it anymore.

For simply things I use the touchscreen.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

urhs| Post time 9-20-2017 06:31:18 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 10-29-2017 04:06:29 | Show all posts
I never liked trackpads.

I also do not like notebook design in general with screen and keyboard close together. This is why I prefer tablets with separate mouse/keyboards or a classic PC. 2in1's are useless too in this regard, because the detached keyboard does not work any more - no wireless option. I also like portrait orientation which is much more natural working with documents. Never understood the use of landscape format especially in smaller devices. Movies? How about a TV...

On the go MS foldable keyboard (with mouse) seems to be a compact good design. It's a bit pricy but on my watchlist. At home I use a bluetooth desktop with my Hi13 when necessary.  But I intentionally bought Hi13 as a tablet. Windows 10 should implement a better integrated onscreen keyboard so.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list