ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [QC][Poll] Hi13 Palm Rejection

Follow Us

[QC][Poll] Hi13 Palm Rejection

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-20-2017 06:56:39 View:909|Reply:14

Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-28-2017 11:09

This aspect is of importance to me, but I don't know yet if it's a (potential) [Open] DCMissue. Currently it's a quality control poll.
Depending on the result of the poll, I'll change the thread title to reflect that it's a DCMissue.

Please choose what applies to you or according to a review: please reference the review with a reply including what you voted on that basis.

Please also post any relevant suggestion if you know a relevant missing polling option.

If you want to change your vote, please reply to let us know that the poll needs reinterpreting. If enough want to change their votes, then a new poll can be created for a new snapshot, if needed. Like for a new and improved batch of shipment.

Some of these poll options are based on feedback about Hi12.
But this poll is about the Hi13 Palm Rejection quality.

Edit: improvement.
Single Polls, Total 5 Users voted View Voters
0.00% (0)
80.00% (4)
20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your User group have no permission to vote
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 09:13:23 | Show all posts
What does QC mean? Is this Quality Control?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-28-2017 11:06:34 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-5-2017 05:36
doodzilla replied at 3-28-2017 09:13
What does QC mean?  Is this Quality Control?

Yes. I mentioned it just a little while ago in a new reply to the title "tags" convention thread. I started with [Quality] but it seemed like referring to the quality of the poll, rather than the qualitative kind and concisely referincing quality control. It does need disambiguation. I changed the title, but didn't mention quality control.
Edit: clarity.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-28-2017 19:00:10 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-29-2017 03:06
Yes. I mentioned it just a little while ago in a new reply to the title "tags" convention thread. I ...

Just curious: with you putting such effort into knowing palm rejection quality, I'd like to know your use case for the H3 Pen. Do you draw too? Or is a stylus also useful in coding? (e.g. NEAT networks)

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-29-2017 05:23:45 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-29-2017 05:52
doodzilla replied at 3-28-2017 19:00
Just curious: with you putting such effort into knowing palm rejection quality, I'd like to know y ...

I miss paper from time to time, from my school time. I can't draw that well, it's about input freedom. And I can't imagine not "being digital" for the long term. I like the possibility to work on my math deficincies "old school". In order for something to increase its chances to be useful, it has to be pleasent in use.

But my primary usecase is reading Java certification study guide. Current experience with narrow portrait mode (refurbished) 10.6inch Surface Pro 1st Gen (SP1), is still too suboptimal. Especially when I need the PDF navigation bar constantly in sight, instead of on/off and too much page resizing instead of just reading. And not being bothered by the narrow aspect ratio or just a tad uncomfortably small letters. Nor lower PPI. I can't get the 267~?PPI of the iPad4 out of my head, with its better portrait aspect ratio than my SP1.

A bigger screen without watering it down, and no excuse not to use it to "write/draw" anything, on the fly graphs and doodles, as well as crude diagrams that I can organize and decide what is worth making a "neat" digram or something else based on my doodles and notes. Onenote (evernote is also maybe a better option to look into) my notes can be searched through, finding what I did with the stylus ondemand. I'm not in a hurry for that. Just for reading. But I don't want yet another device other than Hi13 just because palm rejection is not acceptable. That would be a waste..

So I miss paper sometimes, yet don't want to be limited by it either, and I'm investing in a (complementary) product. I'm not setting any unachievable deadline for my interests. I do prioritise. The $100 +/- is not worth limiting my experience, in my case. For my usecase priorities. The Hi13 would be a lot in my hands or in view, ready for my whims. Not that much to be active on the forum nor overdoing "heavy multitasking".

'Neatnetz' is just my on the fly way of referencing a grouping of a neat (in the broadest sense) and wel organized "systems", those parts of the Internet. It's nothing more than that. I think Chuwi and the community in general is pretty neat too.

Edit: typo + clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-4-2017 14:53:23 | Show all posts
First preliminary video review (not just a demo) showing that palm rejection seems to just work so far!! http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3836-1-1.html

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 05:29:43 | Show all posts
An example that not only Hi12 has some palm rejection quality issues sometimes especially when charging, but that even the Hi10 Pro seems to at least have let-down one customer: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3841-1-1.html

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-18-2017 05:38:04 | Show all posts
AMDtech guy confirms palm rejection on the Hi13 seems to work well:
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 0&fromuid=19651

And he commends the active stylus quality compared to other Chinese brands thus far.

But what I have not gotten a confirmation for yet, is how well longer-sessions palm rejection work during charging the Hi13.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-19-2017 15:37:16 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-20-2017 00:39

Recent feedback about "subpar" palm rejection on Hi12 probably old Hipen screen support: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... e=1&extra=#pid22114

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-20-2017 06:56:39 | Show all posts
Will be receiving my HiPen Hi3 soon, and hoped to use it for sketching and thus need some good palm rejection. Hope it works properly...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list