ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 CHUWI HI12 external SD-Card using

Follow Us

CHUWI HI12 external SD-Card using

[Copy link]

copps|Post time:3-9-2017 15:55:14 View:1733|Reply:28

Equal i have tried FAT32 formatted 32GB SDcard and 64 GB SDcard  (which are running very well read/write under other smartphone or PC Windows.
When I start the CHUWI under Android there is coming the info SD-Card found, you want to format it?
I say Ok ... formating process  and then SDcard is checked.... nothing more
After looking with the FileManager is coming the notice  can not open File / Folder
under windows 10 on the CHUWI  HI12 there is the notice SD Storage class Controller is ready installed,
and when i install the driver new ther e coming (eror 10)   
But it can not start (Error Code 10)

Looking under characteristics of the sd card generally - hardware   in the folder hardware
there is a comment under storage location =  Intel SD-Hostconroller (outdated)
                                     Devicestatus      = device can not start (code 10)      

The USB-Stick 64GB in the USB-Slot runs ok , on both Windows10 and Andorid in CHuwi HI12
what is to do ?                     

On the windows PC with windows 1 it runs very well (i have formatted with Format FAT32) and can be write and rewrite
IT IS a Kingston 32GB miceo SD HC Card (SDCA3)  

Wolfgang Porcher

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-5-2017 13:22:44 | Show all posts
Its a known problem, alot of other brands have the same problem, even Surface Pro is struggling with it, unfortenly there is no fix for it atm
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-5-2017 15:39:55 | Show all posts
For what it's worth, I have a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32gb MicroSD card and it works perfectly in both Android and Windows...

Use magic Report

copps| Post time 3-6-2017 07:22:07 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 3-5-2017 22:22
Its a known problem, alot of other brands have the same problem, even Surface Pro is struggling with ...

thanks for your answer
yes i know, that it is a problem.  But the main problem is, the chuwi Hi1 is pronounced with the possibilty of SDcard add on function, and i have as same selled to my customer. And he says to me, i give back to you the HI12 or you make it tready for this, or you give me back 30% of the buyer price. That is german law.

And when it is a known problem, it ist the mainly work for CHUWi to resolve this problem , or not?

Gernerally is to say, the SDcards, i tried,  are working in my SD-Card Adapter at the microUSB-Slot very well.
And i did not find a nre driver for windows, some one in intrnet tell, to use a older driver for windows 8.  I have also installed the Intel driver Utiluity-manager from the intel home page. . But this programm only find a new driver for the scrren. ( i have not installed at time, perhaps the screen will be black for ever or other, aftter install.
Wolfgang Porcher

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-6-2017 07:44:07 | Show all posts
copps replied at 3-6-2017 16:22
thanks for your answer
yes i know, that it is a problem.  But the main problem is, the chuwi Hi1 i ...

I have 2 Samsung Evo+ (the red one), 64 nad 128 GB, they both works in my Hi12 and hiBook pro, no problem at all, but i also have a Kingston 128 GB, that one dosen't work in any of my tablets, so TGH i don't think its that easy to fix, i think it comes down to the manufacture of the card itself, i have a feeling that the Kingston 128 i have is a cheep Chineese knock off and not genuie Kingston, that is based on that i have 2 Kingston 16 GB that i know is cheep Chineese knock Off, and they dosen't work in my tablets either
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

arsi| Post time 3-7-2017 03:26:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have red Samsung Evo+ 64 Gb too, but it works in Android only. In Win I have error code 10. So its not card problem, its problem with driver

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-7-2017 03:32:31 | Show all posts
arsi replied at 3-7-2017 12:26
I have red Samsung Evo+ 64 Gb too, but it works in Android only. In Win I have error code 10. So its ...

How can it be the driver, when it works for some and not for others, using the same brand of card ?

Use magic Report

arsi| Post time 3-7-2017 04:04:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I know only one man (in Russian forum 4pda.ru) with working sd-card - only after removing Android and installing Win 10 Pro.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-7-2017 17:37:35 | Show all posts
My SD card works perfectly - both in Windows and Android, so I don't think it's a driver problem (or else mine wouldn't work).  The card I use is stated in a few posts above...

Use magic Report

marine88| Post time 3-9-2017 15:55:14 | Show all posts
so is a driver problem or a sd card problem?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list