ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 CHUWI HI12 external SD-Card using

Follow Us

CHUWI HI12 external SD-Card using

[Copy link]

copps|Post time:4-17-2017 22:45:35 View:1928|Reply:28

jcabad| Post time 3-10-2017 03:30:38 | Show all posts
marine88 replied at 3-9-2017 15:55
so is a driver problem or a sd card problem?

I think it's not a driver problem, neither a sdcard problem. It seems to be related to the sdcard reader.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

copps| Post time 4-10-2017 02:48:28 | Show all posts
marine88 replied at 3-10-2017 00:55

i think it is a very bad quality of the used chip, which makes the controlling the functions of USB SDX Cards and arround USB connections.
I had same problems in other regiions of IT with bad quality GPS Chips and//or bad quality Wlan Chips.
also today there are big IT-problems by supported USB 3.0/3.1 connections, where it is equal how to put in the connector. The definition of USB 3.1 is not strong enough and by this there are coming bad quality chips on the market, used in tablets and smartphones.
Wolfgang Porcher

Use magic Report

copps| Post time 4-10-2017 02:55:07 | Show all posts
marine88 replied at 3-10-2017 00:55

i think it is a very bad quality of the used chip, which makes the controlling the functions of USB SDX Cards and arround USB connections.
I had same problems in other regiions of IT with bad quality GPS Chips and//or bad quality Wlan Chips.
also today there are big IT-problems by supported USB 3.0/3.1 connections, where it is equal how to put in the connector. The definition of USB 3.1 is not strong enough and by this there are coming bad quality chips on the market, used in tablets and smartphones.
Wolfgang Porcher

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-10-2017 06:55:29 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
There is a central thread as far as the integrated card reader goes: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3593-1-1.html FWIW.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 4-10-2017 13:32:48 | Show all posts
My Hi12 works fine with both SD cards I've tried, a 64GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS (Red/Grey with white lettering) and a PNY ELITE 128GB (Green/Grey with Black/White Lettering).  The 64GB card operated flawlessly for several months until I got around to installing the 128GB card, and then found a new home in the Chuwi Hi8 Pro I picked up around Christmas.  Both have worked without issue.  The 64GB is formatted FAT32 so it can be used by both Win10 32Bit and Android on the Hi8 Pro, and the 128GB is formatted for exFAT, which I believe is the way it came, so it's only recognized by Win 10 on the Hi12, as I recall.  

I haven't used android much on the Hi12 since I bought the Hi8 Pro, it's just more convenient to run Android on the Hi8Pro and leave Win 10 up on the Hi12.  Honestly, I think Android is better suited to a smaller display and Win 10 better for the larger screen.  I'd remove Android on the Hi12, but don't really want to limit my choices.  I do wish the Hi8Pro had come with 64GB of Emmc as it's a little tight performing Windows updates - I just manually did one to bring it up to Build 15063.13 by downloading the ISO and mounting it on the 64GB SDXC card and installing from the virtual mounted drive.  Unfortunately, I'm unwilling to give up Win 10 on the Hi8Pro to get more space as I find it pretty handy to have Win10 on the smaller machine if needed.  Caught betwixt the Devil and the deep blue sea...

Use magic Report

copps| Post time 4-13-2017 23:24:28 | Show all posts
Until today the problem XSDCARD under chuwi hi12  is mainly not resolved.
So i ask me, it is main problem of chuwi, but never is coming a answer for this problem from CHUWI.  I mhave gieven 8 times mail to support of chuwi.
No answer from the support, what is to do, no comment about chuwi - sdcard problems
So i ask me, what kind of factory is CHUWI ? A Factory with Producing things, equal running or not userfriendly ?

Wolfgang Porcher

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4-14-2017 01:41:47 | Show all posts
copps replied at 4-13-2017 23:24
Until today the problem XSDCARD under chuwi hi12  is mainly not resolved.
So i ask me, it is main p ...

Dear, copps

Can you tell me more details?

For example,

What type is your card? Which system doesn't it work in Chuwi Hi12? If you changed other brand SD card?
Or you can try SD HC card or mini SD card. Some SD micro SD XCI cards are not compatible.

Pls tell me more details, i will submit feedback to Chuwi engineer. Thanks

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 4-14-2017 04:16:55 | Show all posts
Edited by mercu at 4-14-2017 04:42

copps, have you tried with Samsung Evo plus 128 GB micro SD card? Or maybe even try their Samsung EVO plus 256 GB micro SD card.

I'm using Samsung Evo plus 128 GB, no problem at all! I would actually gone for Samsung EVO plus 256 GB but that  is too much money for me and in fact, I KNOW that it works with 256 GB as well - but since the micro SD card reader speed is maximum USH2 on this tablet, I think it's not worth it to pay so much money for expensive USH3 cards.

But yeah, you should have gone for Samsung cards, they work.

Even Samsung Pro 128 GB works also - why? Because I have tried it myself.

How many months I have been using these cards? At least 4 months now, never had any problems - in both Windows and Android.

Which format I used? I formatted it in Android: FAT32.

Don't use ex-FAT or NTFS, it's not universal.

EDIT: I see that you use Kingston micro SD card... well, try out Samsung EVO plus first, it might depends on the brand of SD card. It's just safer to choose some cards which has already worked for other users in this forum. I chose Samsung EVO plus myself due to this reason.

Use magic Report

arsi| Post time 4-17-2017 03:14:48 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My red Samsung EVO+ 64 Gb work fine in Android but not work in Windows.

Use magic Report

arsi| Post time 4-17-2017 22:45:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Emily, can you help? My SD-card work normal in Android but not work in Windows (error code 10). I tried Samsung Evo+ 64 Gb, Pretec U3 64 Gb and Trancend class 10 32 Gb. I tried to remove and update SD-reader drivers in device manager - no result. All cards are not working in Windows on Hi12 but perfect working on another devices. My Hi12 BIOS date is 28.04.2016

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list