ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 is there any possibility to upgrade android for hi1 ...

Follow Us

is there any possibility to upgrade android for hi12?

[Copy link]

karthick|Post time:3-9-2017 08:35:06 View:740|Reply:7

hello friends i am regular user now.want to upgrade android is it possible?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 3-9-2017 01:26:15 | Show all posts
Hi, friend
It is impossible to upgrade Android.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ljvtb01| Post time 3-9-2017 05:51:52 | Show all posts
Will there be an upgrade to Android Nougat or at least Marshmallow?

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-9-2017 06:47:42 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 3-9-2017 06:50

I *highly* doubt it.  These inexpensive dual-boot devices are usually "what you get is what you get" devices.  Usually, no upgrades are provided by the manufacturer- ever.  Hell, you're lucky to get any real support for the devices at all from the manufacturer.  :-)  if it weren't for forums like this, these devices would never live up to their potential.

Now as to why those choose Android 5.1, I have no idea.  Maybe it was the most popular version when they designed the devices?

That all being said, Android 5.x is fine...   Also, from what I've seen, RemixOS actually appears to run faster than stock Android (they are both based on 5.1).  Since I can now run Nova launcher on RemixOS, I get all of the advantages of RemixOS (windowing, performance, etc) while also retaining the ability to use widgets and third-party launchers (there is a trick to get 3rd party launchers/widgets working with RemixOS).  It's the perfect combination for these devices!  While I haven't yet switched to RemixOS on my Chuwi Hi12, I have it on my Onda Obook 11 Plus and it runs *fantastically* on that device with Nova launcher.  I will be converting my Hi12 to RemixOS very soon - assuming my replacement keyboard works better than the one I have now....

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 07:38:14 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
it all depends upon intel. they have officially stopped support for atom cpu's. the last android version they had ported to atom cpu was android 5.1 and thats what you get.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-9-2017 08:01:27 | Show all posts
What about the development community?  I've seen things like CM12 are available for the Hi12 (I think it was CM12 anyway) - is it possible that the development community will get Android 6.x running on these Intel devices at some point?  

These dual-boot devices are fantastic - I would sure hate to see them die a slow death because Intel stopped supporting Android...  Are there any other newer, actively supported processors that can run both Android and Windows?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 08:25:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dont know whether intel is developing for newer celerons and pentiums. it is the reason the newer chuwi lapbook 14.1 and HI13 tablet are windows only. they are not dual boot as they dont have newer android version for them. but i hear qualcomm is developing a cpu architecture with microsoft , which will support windows. so if intel does not resume android support we may see qualcomm (snapdragon based) cpu in future in dual boot tablets. how they will perform on windows cannot be guessed now.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-9-2017 08:35:06 | Show all posts
I sure hope something happens as it would really suck to lose access to these dual-boot devices - especially so soon after I discovered them!  :-)  I always hated having to tote around 2 devices (one for WIndows because I'm on-call for work and I need Windows for my HPTuners application and one for Android simply because I much prefer Android for my day-to-day stuff (web browsing, email, internet forums, etc)...  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list