ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Help resetting HI12 bios to defaults please

Follow Us

Help resetting HI12 bios to defaults please

[Copy link]

justifun|Post time:3-9-2017 12:25:21 View:647|Reply:11

Can someone walk through the keyboard presses required to set the bios on the HI12 back to defaults for me?  Thanks

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 09:27:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
i think it is F3 and F4 keys. F3 key loads the default values and F4 KEY saves and exit.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

justifun| Post time 3-9-2017 09:56:21 | Show all posts
Thanks I tried that but no luck.  I just get a flashing orange LED after powering on

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-9-2017 10:15:19 | Show all posts
You can always try this

Power the tab off
wait 10 min
hit the power button 3 tims in a row
then the forth time hold it for 10-15 sec
if it don't turn on, then let it rest for 30 min, then try to turn on normal
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 10:36:23 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
wait some time for the tablet to boot. sometimes it takes upto 20 to 30 seconds for it to boot after clearing the settings. which setting you had changed in the bios , gor which you need to set default values now ? the ram frequency ?

Use magic Report

justifun| Post time 3-9-2017 10:38:46 | Show all posts
yeah i tried the ram settings tweak and left it after changing them for a good 40 minutes, but it never turned back on.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 11:04:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
your tablet not starting at all ? and you are doing the bios reset in blind mode ?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 11:09:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
by the way the ram speed tweak to 1600 mhz will not work on chuwi tablet. as by increaing the ram frequency , the CAS latency also increases from 8 to 12, meaning the time it takes to fetch data from ram also increases. so the net effect in speed is negligible. there is no gain in actual memory speed.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-9-2017 11:13:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
you can do this. long press the power button for 10 to 15 seconds to completely shut down the tablet, wait a few minutes then press the power button till you see the led lit, then just wait for the tablet to boot up. if the tablet does not bootup say after a few minutes then try forced bios reset as mentioned by hackerjack above.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 3-9-2017 12:25:21 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 3-9-2017 12:27
deejay1963 replied at 3-9-2017 11:09
by the way the ram speed tweak to 1600 mhz will not work on chuwi tablet. as by increaing the ram fr ...

Yeah, as tempting as it was to try and increase the memory speed in the BIOS, I figured that if it increased performance reliably and substantially, then Chuwi would have set it to the higher speed by default.  After bricking my first Intel dual-boot tablet in a matter of days (by disabling the GDP device in BIOS), I've learned to not mess with the BIOS setting unless absolutely necessary.  :-)  It still drives me crazy that I have a brand new Onda Obook 11 Plus sitting here that is completely bricked (I tried EVERYTHING!).  Ended up having to buy another one.  Was a $250 lesson....
At least Chuwi gives you a way to reset the BIOS to defaults, which is something that I can't say about Onda!  :-)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list