ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 256 GB micro SD card for Chuwi Hi12 - Original Write ...

Follow Us

256 GB micro SD card for Chuwi Hi12 - Original Write and Read speed still OK?

[Copy link]

mercu|Post time:3-14-2017 08:33:45 View:634|Reply:2

There are people who basically confirmed that Chuwi Hi12 actually supports Micro SD cards up to 256 GB space. But nobody mentioned about its speed.

If I let's say use a micro SD card (Samsung EVO Plus 256 GB version) and the card says:

Read speed: 95 Mb/ sec
Write speed: 90 Mb/ sec

Do you guys think Chuwi Hi12 supports those speeds when it comes to 256 GB cards? Anyone here who owns Samsung EVO plus 256 GB card who can test it out on Chuwi?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-13-2017 22:04:01 | Show all posts
I wish this forum supported tagging so I could tag the relevant forum members.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 3-14-2017 08:33:45 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-13-2017 22:04
I wish this forum supported tagging so I could tag the relevant forum members.

I totally agree with you!

UPDATE:

Regarding the issue with Micro SD card, I managed to buy Samsung Pro Plus card 128 GB which supports up to 95 MB / sec read - and 90 MB / sec write.

The result:

Very very disappointing....

This Chuwi Hi12 seems to only supports USH-1 card and no USH-3 cards.

The speed never reached further than 20 MB / sec in BOTH read and write....

So if you guys wanna try out other card, please report it in this thread so maybe we can help each other out. I mean: it IS a bummer to buy expensive Micro SD card and then find out the Micro SD card reader from Chuwi doesn't support higher speed USH-3 .

Waste of money on those expensive cards then.

To be honest: if you gonna install casual games from Steam or maybe even League of Legends on this tablet, I would rather recommend you to install it on USB 3.0 -pendrive.

On USB 3.0 pendrive, I managed to get write and read speed above 100 MB / sec!

So that is very impressive but don't make the same mistake like I did to install it on Micro SD. You will be disappointed with both loading time AND installing time...

Installing League on Micro SD card didn't work for me at all, half way through, the program just stopped and it was very very slow. Probably the slowest installation I have ever seen in my life.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list