Netflix offline download on Hi12 in Android? - page 2 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Netflix offline download on Hi12 in Android?

Follow Us

Netflix offline download on Hi12 in Android?

[Copy link]

mckennal|Post time:3-18-2017 15:14:08 View:1514|Reply:15

technisol| Post time 3-15-2017 18:59:05 | Show all posts
If you're rooted, you can change the identity that the tablet reports itself as to one on the Netflix accepted list can't you?  I know it's been done a bunch of times in the past in order to get Google Play Store working on other Chinese tablets...  At least that seems to be what Hackerjac was inferring?  But, I guess you'd still need the required DRM mechanism/files installed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mckennal| Post time 3-16-2017 22:27:16 | Show all posts
I don't think changing the identity reported will work as the DRNM libraries I believe are missing. I didn't realise the gapps package included DRM libraries. I don't think it's as easy as using ADB to install a gapps package, but not certain. I thought the Hi12 has dm-verity which means if you do an "ADB root" and make changes to /system the tablet won't boot. Is that right? Otherwise, how do I go about installing gapps on a stock Hi12? (I have the 8350 CPU version). Help appreciated!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 3-16-2017 22:34:33 | Show all posts
mckennal replied at 3-17-2017 07:27
I don't think changing the identity reported will work as the DRNM libraries I believe are missing.  ...

You can't do it on stock Android, it needs to be rooted
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

mckennal| Post time 3-16-2017 23:32:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I've seen a few methods for rooting. Can you point me to directions that are reasonably foolproof to get root on the (new) Hi12? Thanks heaps for your help so far Hackerjac

Use magic Report

jeffw1206| Post time 3-17-2017 15:34:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mercu is correct. Only certain tablets are able to download Netflix. I checked with Netflix support today and Chuwi tablets are not able to download  

Use magic Report

Slada2| Post time 3-18-2017 15:14:08 | Show all posts
It is possible to install Android 6.0.1 on Chuwi hi12 ( http://www.modaco.com/forums/top ... ok-hibook-pro-hi12/ ), but without Chuwi releasing kernel source it is almost impossible to fix major bugs (like deep sleep).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list