ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Closed] Current ( ゚Д゚) GearBest ¯\(°_o)/¯ Hi ...

Follow Us

[Closed] Current ( ゚Д゚) GearBest ¯\(°_o)/¯ Hi13 stock

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-19-2017 05:02:00 View:1181|Reply:23

Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-30-2017 21:27

TLTR: GearBest=GambleBest.
Finally improved? Really?

Until then:
Best way/place/site/seller to buy Chuwi products?

Update:
We are sorry to inform you that this item is no longer available and has been discontinued.

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22740&fromuid=19651

Old: /Update.

According to feedback from other users on the forum: GearBest stock and faster shipping type duration indications, are undependable.

My personal experience has become mixed in regards to GearBest. My experience with their EU stock for old items on flash sale, is good -- my experience with them that is. But it's unclear what they base their stock indication for the Hi13 China warehouse on.

Also if something has become a backorder, they will not proactively inform you perhaps, as the system isn't attuned for that, but didn't really wait to find out. Because I inquired quickly just in case I would otherwise be waiting invain. Edit: although because of a different worry, rather than backordering./Edit.

Their reply to my inquiry about my not even 1 day old order, that got a status that made the order only show up under All orders with the label under it "Shipment Arranged" (because I clicked on the ship faster button under the order in my account to find out what it does) suddenly the order was no longer under "Paid" nor was it moved to under the "Shipped" tab, nor under any other of the tabs of the order in my account, in the app.

As far as I can tell, the software is being developed in an incohesive manner, at least sometimes. The backordering isn't reflected as a status. And the ship faster button -implications- implementation is incomplete.

But they currently make up for the situation with "fast-normal" response times to tickets automatically created from emails sent to support@gearbest.com so far. Subsequent updates, written or read have to be performed by following the link in the received confirmation email. Email updates are dispatched automatically offering the link again when a response is posted. The response time could depend on the completeness, clarity and briefness of the user feedback perhaps.

They seem very flexible, and don't seem to take the situation lightly. To make the organisation feasabile, is a big job. Not everyone can actually keep it afloat or even "somewhat" thriving over the years. There are positive and negative differences between services of course.

As far as shipping speeds concerned, as another user indicated as well, you should seek brief but active feedback early, as I too "demonstrated" here. Although in my case by accident.

In my case in the GearBest app, I saw both normal and expedited shipping for free, with the small letters below the sidepanel it was on, that it's an estimate cost, and that the actual cost will be determined during the ordering process. Truly  expedited  shipping costs around the $35-50, and is not free.

Some users seem to have "gotten it" for free, because they placed the order completely without getting a different actual cost than the free shipping general estimate. But I think that was a bug, perhaps including a misinterpretation or mistranslation on part of GearBest or China in general, and that's why their shipment was sent much later perhaps. Or because of implicit backorder related situation, like this one, if I hadn't inquired from the start, because I was testing the ship faster button. Otherwise I might have assumed it was "shipment bundling buffer or quota" related delay.

In any case, normal shipment tracking from China has been useless in my case in the past, from several different purchases. I did eventually receive all items without issues. DHL global tracking got a positive feedback by another user. I've positive experience with DHL shipment track&trace within the EU. Granted that GearBest has to be "able to" ship it to you.

Upcoming "Chuwi Agents" starting on different continents, is a plus for the users there, depending on the "execution" quality and stability over time and under market and supply pressures and difficulties. But at least it would be a cheaper return address. GearBest accepts and reimburses DOA's back if notified within 3 days of arrival, but other returns are not that easily reimbursed so not free. I think the same goes for the "money back guarantee" within 45 days. All that if I remember correctly.

Below is "April's" response from GearBest to me. It wouldn't be efficient if it's not mostly a template. But attuned per customer, so aligning expectations honestly and responsibly. I said I'd wait. That they need to improve the system is clear to them too, I assume. They will find out by more disatisfied user feedback. If they haven't. But getting recent feedback confirming the problem, establishes legitimacy and continual relevance of the issue.

Thank you for contacting Gearbest about your order.

We have received your payment, your order is normal.

Due to the items you ordered are a hot sale and there have been significant supply issues with the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, there has been a slight delay in receiving stock from our supplier. We're extremely sorry for the situation which is outside our control and our teams are working hard to resolve the issue.

However, please note for the item is back-ordered.

remaining items
sku*quantity:201927401 * 1 , CHUWI Hi13 2 in1 Tablet PC

We can offer you 3 options:

Option 1 Wait a little more
We expect to ship the item after Mar 26.

Once we ship it you will receive an email from us.

Option 2 Exchange with another item of your choice

Please send us the URL of the product you would like to choose instead.

If there is any price difference with the original item, we will either refund it to you on your wallet or send you an invoice to pay for it.

Option 3 Cancel this order
In this case, we will refund to you on your Paypal account.

The refund can be completed within 2 business days.

Can you please let me know your decision?

We look forward to hearing from you and will do our very best to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards
April
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

Edits: clarity, addition + update.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-23-2017 08:40:46 | Show all posts
Edited by doodzilla at 3-24-2017 00:44

Chinese shopping sites do indeed respond fast huh. And early informing/contacting is important.
Looking forward to hear more updates of this order.

ZenBalancer, have you tried Amazon? I hear the customer service is great, but I observe that the warranties there are way shorter than the Chinese shopping sites.
Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-23-2017 09:49:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-23-2017 08:40
Chinese shopping sites do indeed respond fast huh. And early informing/contacting is important.
Loo ...

Amazon.de is very professional, vast and fast. Only avoid any listing that mention their email adres, those are very very nasty and hard to battle, scams. The rule that became apparent to me is always pay via Amazon, never wire transfer even though possible in some countries. Other than that, you'll be fine. Maybe you're indirectly suggesting Chuwi should include amazon in general? There are so many countries it's active in. But as market place listing would require Chuwi to sell directly. I think Chuwi might issue a statement about that if they haven't. In theory anyone can apply to be an agent nd sell via amazon marketplace. But the work, is not to be underestimated.

And Amazon actively seems to avoid paypal, so most people are stuck  if they don't have creditcard ot don't want to get prepaid creditcard like I did via skrill.

Here is more feedback from GearBest proactively since I didn't ask for it this time:
Thank you for your update.

Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information, availability information may become out of date and may change between the time you added an item to cart and the time your order is received. Check Terms and Conditions from http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

Once we have the items in stock, we will ship them to you as soon as possible.
Once your order has been shipped out we will send you a confirmation email.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards
April
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-23-2017 09:54:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-23-2017 13:06

Also warranty is a default year at amazon for items applicable, and 30 days no questions asked fair use returns policy at amazon.de, more warranty if manufacturer offers. Like for lifetime RAM. Limited to 10 years in Germany and Russia. I don't know much more in this regard at this point. I have not compared to GearBest, because Amazon isn't yet an alternative to get Hi13. And for the phone we got, it typically isn't an amazon marketplace item.

One advantage with the amazon system, that gearbest might have, is same day store credit (gift card value) for items for which a return label has been automatically granted on elegible by the system. A new order can be placed with the refunds before the old items are shipped back. But if the deadline for returns has passed, the account will be "billed" for the total price of missing items, and depending on frequency of such an occurences, the account might get flagged, maybe even banned. Violating the fair use return policy has resulted in bans according a number of feedbacks online.

There is a delay, but it's same day refund if your account is in "good standing" (downside: can't get money back with this option if returned the new items too, only gift card credit to purchase at Amazon again), and if new items are in stock (for non-scams, no email stuff, stock is then accurate, system dependable) shipping occurs as fast as possible, while you notice stock reflects orders correctly.

Edits: corrections + offtopic btw.. this is not a comparison thread for online big shops.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 02:24:44 | Show all posts
Update both from GearBest and Emily from Chuwi (further on of GearBest):

Do you know when the Hi13
will be available?
Last time you thought after 26th.

Gearbest Customer Support   At    03/30/2017 01:41:25 CST

Thank you for your message.

Due to the item you ordered is a hot sale and the stock status has been updated any time, we have no idea the exact date.
We're extremely sorry for the situation which is outside our control.

After we have received item, we will ship your parcel as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best Regards
April

Emily's feedback:
We have in stock about Hi13 now. And official Aliexpress store should be availbale. And Gearbest will also have stock soon.

I didn't cancel and "move" my order to the official Chuwi AliExpress store, because they don't support PayPal. And if GearBest will have stock soon, then I'll wait. I did order the rotary magnetic keyboard (unlike at GearBest where it's a preorder) and Hipen H3 from the official store. The Hipen H3 is available as a selection in the keyboard listing. There is still some stock there too. The pen is silver not black anymore.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-3-2017 04:40:30 | Show all posts
GearBest is showing dispatching of new orders between 7-13 April in the app, and 13-17 April on their webshop.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 02:05:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 16:44

My order for the Hi13 keyboard and styli is shipped via normal shipping from the official Chuwi store according to AliExpress. Unlike GearBest where it would have been a preorder.  @hackerjac is right about shipping date estimated being automatically autoincremented daily for the Hi13 at GearBest. At least no other source offered it at that much of a reduced price back then.

Edit: PayPal (GearBest+others): 6 months dispute right, AliExpress only 2 months (extension has to be requested). For an overview: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3712-1-1.html

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-18-2017 05:54:51 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-19-2017 15:56

Although the following is about GearBest selling a Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 and not the Hi13, it's still relevant to this thread.

This guy has a misconception about what "brand new" means by GearBest (or any other for that matter): https://youtu.be/J66UTTg6Vgc Title accusation:
"GEARBEST. COM tries to sell defected laptop as brand new. Beware!!!"

1. He corrects himself in the video stating "brand new that is defected" and later adds "terrible quality control" by manufacturer.

2. A number of deadpixels are allowed by big brands as well, and only the seller policy can redeem you. If you can't live with possible deadpixels brand new out of the factory, you should not buy overseas. Instead buy only within your country or close-by "union country".

3. GearBest spot checking is very basic. And when they don't open the box and check, "boot loops" directly from the factory will be missed. It needs an easy to perform BIOS update, the hardware is not defective. GearBest can't spot check all of the devices they send out, especially since customers suddenly don't believe the device is new because of an opened box and "resealed with a sticker". I've seen the CY sticker on the forum.

4. I don't know what he's talking about in terms of the USB Type-A/Full-size on the sides of the keyboard. What is wrong with those? What is defective there?

Edit: typo + clarity addition.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-19-2017 04:43:33 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-18-2017 15:54
Although the following is about GearBest selling a Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 and not the Hi13, it's still r ...

He says there is too much space from the edge and into the usb housing
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-19-2017 05:02:00 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-19-2017 14:07
Hackerjac replied at 4-19-2017 13:43
He says there is too much space from the edge and into the usb housing

That's a design decision not a manufacturing defect right? And without testing, will there be any difference in performance due to "less" connector contacts contact? From what I understand there is no single connector making full contact with the entire contact pins, but get scratched due to sliding in while the pin-contacts of female side making contact with the male connector contact-pins (or vice-versa) from the start. But it's not because there is contact on the entire surface of the contact-pins. Right? So unless there is a connection issue with that design, there is no problem, right?

Is there an upside to this design? Preventing contact with other electricity conducting surfaces to prevent short-circuit (Lappet docked example as well) right? Also preventing damage to the female side due to physical contact with other surfaces. Right?

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list