Chuwi Suggestions Thread (unofficial) - Other - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Other Chuwi Suggestions Thread (unofficial)

Follow Us

Chuwi Suggestions Thread (unofficial)

[Copy link]

doodzilla|Post time:3-24-2017 13:39:47 View:520|Reply:11

Hi all. Just fishing for anyone who has suggestions for Chuwi products. Discuss away.

I for one suggest an 8GB RAM default for future products that have 12" and above screen.

I have more suggestions but I'll start with this one hehe. I'll save the super long post geek-mode-me for later.

Fellow forum members, what future features would you like Chuwi to implement? Do write them here.

Let's go nuts with our imagination!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 03:59:13 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 04:04

My take: improving the next product in the "same family" based on the Hi13 specs (WiDi, Hi3+ Pen, etc..), with The 8GB RAM (like you and a lot of others said) + SSD out-of-the box in a 2in1 with minimal "retina" screen quality PPI (at least 264-267). Without extra work, risks AND without voiding warranty.

I don't know if I get used to 13.5inch 267PPI, whether I would want to add a 12inch next to it. I will have to find out how the Hi13 handles in practice. The dock keyboard is available for pre-ordering at GearBest, and reveal to be magnetic! So that promises to make it super handy, like the Pixel C tablet magnetic dock.

According to feedback about the Surface Book, undocking or flipping the tablet, is a few seconds slow-pain-point experience in comparison to the Spectre x360 (also "crazy expensive", and I'm not sure if it can undock, only flips, didn't check specs because of price). So I was pleasently surprised by the Hi13 magnetic spec too of the docked keyboard. I wonder how it will be in practice.

Edits: clarity + improvements.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 3-24-2017 05:28:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by deejay1963 at 3-24-2017 05:50

my suggestions to chuwi are as follows.1) develop and release an ultra cheap, but good quality, pure android only tablet, costing less than US$100. screen size of 8 to 10 inch. 4 gb ram, 32 gb storage emmc.
This should not be based on intel cpu as then there will be only android 5.1 , with no updates.
SOC of snapdragon, mtk, and others can be used.
This will sell like hot cakes in asian / african / mid east markets.
FNF ifive Mini 4s is one such example

2) for windows / dual boot, Hi13 is a right way but modify / enhance it as follows
a) install a good thermal solution. use copper heatsink on hot chips.
b) keep default ram at 4gb but put in a ram slot (if possible) so users can increase ram size as per their requirements.
c) until newer and faster emmc solutions are developed, use a m2 ssd slot on the motherboard. the user can upgrade the ssd if they wish from the default 64gb ssd.
d) if using metallic back cover then embed the wifi antenna on the surface of the metallic back. this will solve wifi reception issues.
e) full size USB connector is a must, atleast one  full size USB 3.0 slot  is a must. carrying usb c adaptors defeats the purpose of portability in a tablet.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 06:21:30 | Show all posts
deejay1963 replied at 3-24-2017 21:28
my suggestions to chuwi are as follows.1) develop and release an ultra cheap, but good quality, pure ...

Mr. 1963, i absolutely love all your suggestions under #2

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 06:22:05 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-24-2017 19:59
My take: improving the next product in the "same family" based on the Hi13 specs (WiDi, Hi3+ Pen, et ...

Also, Surface-style keyboard type cover would be awesome for me as well.

SSD I prefer, but looks like as of now Chuwi is holding off on it to keep prices down. I would gladly pay extra for SSD ROM drive with Chuwi-level screen.

At least 267 ppi I second that motion!

The Chuwi transformer-style keyboards have a big advantage over the pixel C tablets' keyboard because the one on the Pixel C only has one position for the tablet while the one with Chuwi is a rotating hinge.

I'm not sold on flipping laptops. If the laptop is flipped in media mode with the keyboard facing down on a table while the screen is up, isn't it bad for the keyboard? For me, it appears bulky and awkward compared to a detachable, but to each his/her own preference.

Last Chuwi suggestions from me for now: both a USB 3.0 type-A port and a USB Type-C port on the main tablet. Now-proofing plus future proofing equals perfect.

And always always preferred by me: dual boot hehe. With a harmonious ability to flash nondualboot Android/Windows to enjoy bigger memory and/or switch back to dual boot by flashing dual boot BIOS again. Very modular in terms of software capability. Very unlikely Chuwi right now will do this though hehe.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 07:13:38 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 07:38

When detachable "flipping" is different. You just change the orientation of the screen to face backwards in "stand mode" (one of the 4 modes advertised by Chuwi) and then fold it on to the docked keyboard, if you don't have a bag to put the keyboard in. The advantages of a detachable 2n1 flipping style. The Hi13 seems to follow the Pixel C tablet with magnetic latching with adjustable angles in "lap-mode" in contrast to "table-dependant", and a faster attach/detach experience than Surface Book (1st Gen at least) according to feedback. So if the experience of  Hi13 users in practice can confirm this, at least "that family" of Chuwi devices shouldn't be discontinued either.

Edit: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 12:12:09 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 13:42
Tonko
2-26-2017 01:20:31
@Mercu. Didn't you watch the you tube link I posted? You don't need any other program. Windows has it all. Also I never said that it works with both windows and android. Again..... The NTSF section can only be used in windows and the FAT32 only in Android. However I do not recommend using the tablet as a dualboot system. I only use windows and never android and my tablet works flawlessly with zero problems. Problems start to occur when using both OS'es. The bios is written really poorly and can't really handle the switches over time. Things like "The tablet doesn't recognize the sd card " start to occur. So I just play on the save side and just use Windows which is all I really need anyway. Android sucks as a desktop system in my opinion so no loss for me there.

28# fortikeco
3-14-2017 13:49:48
Edited by fortikeco at 3-14-2017 13:51
Quote: Tonko replied at 2-26-2017 01:20
@Mercu. Didn't you watch the you tube link I posted? You don't need any other program. Windows has i ...

I agree with you, that dual-boot Windows10+android 5.1 thing which is sold by AMI and InsydeQ2S is causing troubles. I removed the android since a month now and don't find any problems with windows 10.
(one of the few problems was that it took me some time to figure out that to be able to buy apps from the windows store you need to set your country in control panel settings for windows store)

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ra=&page=6

Are they talking about the dual boot feature of Hi12? Correct me if I've skipped too much.

If yes, then it can't have been or become a simple implementation. And you can't use the OS's simultaneously.
And it would require a different processor according to the other thread you had in which another user gave that feedback about missing relevant drivers by Intel that would make the x86 Android impossible to work. I think in order to enjoy more performance at similar CPU-GPU cost, lowering driver development overhead was a factor.

"Harmonious" is not just a requirement, it leads to the question of feasabilety, at the "deepest levels". "Everything, for nothing." It seems to have hurt a seamless experience on the long run on the Hi12. How many switch regularly between the OS's throughout the day or week? For a responsible choice, some poll at the Hi12 subforum seems required. Even if I misunderstood what I quoted.

Edits: addition and fiddling.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 13:35:29 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-25-2017 04:12
-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ra=&page=6&mobile=2

Are they talking about the dual boot f ...

yep they are talking about the dual boot function in that quote. i read that before also.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 13:37:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 14:28

Maybe a poll here in this or general subforum instead? Like choose only one:
- Dual boot Android/Windows; or:
- Better hardware and better quality

Edit: corrected.
Edit2: posted the poll: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3783

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 13:39:47 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-25-2017 04:12
-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ra=&page=6&mobile=2

Are they talking about the dual boot f ...

Bonkers. Links posted thru mobile version of the chuwi forum cannot be opened on desktop PCs.
Tried opening that link again through your recent post and it gave me this:
chigy.jpg

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list