Hi13 [lap-mode-friendly] Keyboard with Magnetic Docking - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 [lap-mode-friendly] Keyboard with Magnetic Dock ...

Follow Us

Hi13 [lap-mode-friendly] Keyboard with Magnetic Docking

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-25-2017 12:20:36 View:603|Reply:6

Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 18:51

It's been available for presale on GearBest first. Update: But I recommend ordering it from the Official Chuwi AliExpress shop. I've received with 2 styli in a terrific shape in about 3 weeks using default free shipping. /Update.

Update: see Laplets vs Tabtops (a major difference in 2in1 devices)

Hi13 is a Laplet. This companion-keyboard designed for it, makes it so. /Update.

I had mentioned that in a few other posts. Along with advantages versus Surface Book docking. And versus non-lap-mode alternatives, or no angle-djustments for current 3rd party "universal" lap-mode solutions for tablets. Nor support for Hi13/13.5inch lap-mode otherwise. Or other disadvantages of not going for a detachable tablet with decent lap-mode support.

Edit: Hi13 on your lap for typing with the keyboard "anywhere" with enough counter weight at that screen size and specs in this current market.
See Hi13 weight thread: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3847-1-1.html

If counter weight was additional feature hardware like the Surface Book more expensive performance base keyboard, then latching and unlatching would have taken longer. And more expensive keyboard base, in this segment of the market, even less would buy the keyboard it seems if it were more expensive even if had more features in it to make the counterweight packing more features than mostly counterweight. Not forgetting quick unlatching as is the case now.

Duplicate Update: see Laplets vs Tabtops (a major difference in 2in1 devices)

Hi13 is a Laplet. This companion-keyboard designed for it, makes it so. /Update.

Edits: improvements.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 07:39:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-7-2017 06:24

It's also available with or without the Hipen H3 on the official Chuwi AliExpress store, might be actually in stock in contrast to preorders on GearBest.
Added: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32801481269.html#autostay
Edit: my order has been shipped a few days ago.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-4-2017 15:03:07 | Show all posts
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 13:42:41 | Show all posts
See some Hi13 overview listing advantages of combination with this keyboard (mainly lap-mode, literally on your lap sitting "anywhere" typing, while still detachable, stating just in case you forget this is the best companion to the Hi13 TABLET):

http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3853

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 13:17:59 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 18:54
And consider the rotary keyboard for all of lap-mode benefits (see Laplets vs Tabtops in forum search) and quick latching/unlatching and no BT stuff (pairing, reconnect time, some micro-lag also in characters appearing compared to (Wireless) USB or pogo connectors, BT "cheap" keyboard unadjustable standby mode, etc.. it's relative).

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22151&fromuid=19651

Update: see Laplets vs Tabtops (a major difference in 2in1 devices)

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 08:00:34 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 17:10
steward00 replied at 4-25-2017 06:58
Exactly, I think it is just a manufacturing imperfection. But I do not have the keyboard to test a ...
Like Techdragonz's feedback, the pogo pins from the keyboard are about 2mm in length, so the springs put quite enough force when Hi13 is docked on it.

You should have no problem in the long term because of that "funny" pin. I wonder how well those springs below the keyboard pogo pins will survive over the years.

I expect them to work fine as long as they're not damaged because of improper storage with a lot of stuff in a box or bag damaging the keyboard pogo pins. Because these are much more fragile than the flat side pogo pins of the Hi13 itself.

Edits: clarity + typos.

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22596&fromuid=19651

Edit: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 12:20:36 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 21:23
Techdragonz replied at 4-25-2017 20:59
Some will not be applied very well, and I have ordered the glass screen protector to see if it conflicts with the keyboard.

The screenprotector I linked has a scratchresistant coating on it, so it will probably not scratch as fast.

It might break on the "snap closing force mechanism" of the keyboard rotary closing mechanism. That "shutting close unrestrained whip" when just wanting to fold it and  pack it or move it folded. It is supposed to keep it folded and provide "high-end feel", but isn't tempered glass friendly.

And if going for glass protection decreases keyboard packing and usage for lap-mode, then the protection is reducing usability in that sense. If the tablet is used responsibly, and never put in a bag combined with other objects in the same compartment, and being careful in general, then the tempered glass protection isn't needed.

It might even decrease touch responsiveness slightly. At least it is the case on a Elephone here. Being careful and using the keyboard to protect the tablet as well and having a dedicated compartment in a bag, will be much more rewarding experience than 3rd party protective products.

Until the next Hi13 lots of the Pro perhaps, with a gorilla Glass version and laminated screen, then that would be an ideal solution perhaps. Keeping the Hi13 a Laplet not only by design, but also by user-insights and adoption.

Everyone see Laplets vs Tabtops (a major difference in 2in1 devices) if you haven't. I can't emphasize this enough.

Edits: clarity, typo + quote completion.

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22640&fromuid=19651

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list