ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General Request: H1, H2, & H3 Pen Compatibility & Price Comp ...

Follow Us

Request: H1, H2, & H3 Pen Compatibility & Price Comparison Chart

[Copy link]

doodzilla|Post time:4-10-2017 02:27:02 View:1105|Reply:36

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 02:49:01 | Show all posts
emily replied at 4-5-2017 17:45
AAAA battery is more thinner and lighter than AAA battery.
You can also use a rechargable AAAA b ...

Thank you. So 1.2V rechargable battery should work as well without loss of precision and performance in comparison to the 1.5V right?

And there is another report this time that Hipen H1 doesn't work on the Hi13: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 5&fromuid=1965p
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-6-2017 02:51:15 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-6-2017 12:49
Thank you. So 1.2V rechargable battery should work as well without loss of precision and performan ...

I have already informed emily about the stylus problem, she would look into it and give me some answer later today
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 04:09:30 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 04:13
Hackerjac replied at 4-6-2017 02:51
I have already informed emily about the stylus problem, she would look into it and give me some an ...

The reporting and progress now is public. That's a difference. over 'n out, or not.. into an edit.
Edit: ideally a complementary issue tracker is preferred, a lot of advantages for issue tracking internally and externally.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 12:12:04 | Show all posts
Edited by emily at 4-7-2017 18:42
got this message from emily this morning

Hi, all , i am very sorry my previous information. Hipen H3 stylus can support future Hi12 tablet. It doesn't support former Hi12 tablet.  The future Hi12 tablet will be used different touch screen. So it will support Hipen H3 stylus. The future Hi12 tablet can't use Hipen H1 if its touch screen is replaced.

-- Hackerjac
-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 21613&fromuid=19651

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 12:14:21 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-9-2017 03:27
emily replied at 4-1-2017 00:45
Here is the basic comparsion:

Please correct the Hipen overview table you nicely made.

H3 only on Hi13 or newer. Edit: including newer Hi12, not previously manufactured Hi12. And also any Hi12 with recently replaced screen./Edit.

H1 only on (Edit: older) Hi12 so far. Edit: Not newer Hi12, nor replaced Hi12 screens, nor any current nor future Hi13. Or will newer Hipen H1 be different and work with the Hi13 tablet? How can we see the difference while ordering?/Edit.

Like you clarified to Hackerjac

Edit: typo + adjusted, based on: Emily has edited out  Hackerjac's previous interpretation. Future Hi12 manufacturing will support the Hipen H3, dropping the H1 pen support. So the overview is still misleading, before correction.

But that doesn't explain why early reports say that Hipen H1 doesn't work on the Hi13 tablet. Will future Hipen H1 be different than older Hipen H1? Otherwise Hi13 should not be listed as supported under Hipen H1 in the overview table.

@All, Emily might also be speaking in hypotheticals, so IF the Hi12 tech is changed in the future. It's unclear what the target and actual support is at the moment. At least before the overview is changed. It might be tricky to clearify this on that overview table.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-8-2017 08:09:47 | Show all posts
emily replied at 4-1-2017 00:45
Here is the basic comparsion:

I readjusted my request based on your edit. See above.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-8-2017 12:05:24 | Show all posts
Update by Hackerjac:

Hackerjac replied at 4-8-2017 09:24

Edited by Hackerjac at 4-8-2017 21:44

H1 is for Hi12 before serial Q64G45170100001
H2 is for Hi10 Pro/Hi10 Plus
H3 is for Hi13 and Hi12 serial Q64G45170100001-Q64G45170105000

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 9&fromuid=19651
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-9-2017 03:14:26 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-15-2017 19:18
larmaanidis replied at 4-9-2017 02:22
ZenBalancer i'm looking for an answer to the same question. Also, if i understood correct, active stylus pens working properly depending on tablet's type of screen. I don't know what type of screen has the hi10 pro so i don't really know if there is any alternative working solution for another brand active pen.

As far as I know, if an active pen technology works on the same tablet, it would mean it's the same technology that Chuwi uses in the specific Hipen on that tablet. So if the technology of Chuwi is not good enough, then probably the same problem will be with the other pen from a different manufacturer if it works with Chuwi tablet.

That's why there are people who look for tablets that support Wacom active pen technology, and only specific tablets work with specific (Wacom) active stylus pen technology.

Active stylus tech is one regard sadly not like a passive capacitive stylus, working on all capacitive screens. There are passive capacitive stylus with very precise pen head/tip, so if the compatible active stylus is very bad, maybe the capacitive passive stylus might be better?

But there is no palm rejection with most apps using passive capacitive stylus. Some iOS apps like OneNote support built-in palm-rejection with a passive stylus because most iPads and iPhones don't support an active stylus tech.

And passive stylus also doesn't have pressure sensitivity.
Update: except for some "smart apps" like Google Keep drawing mode, with round "half bubble" stylus tip. When "calibrating" by pressing very softly in it on Android 7.1.2 if it matters, then increasing pressure, the Google Keepnwill detect increase in the capacitive tip "contact surface" and therewith is pressure sensitivity possible. But it's very tricky to use as intended. /Update.

There are wirelessly powered active stylus like the Surface Pro 1-2 and Samsung sPen, most of them I think. But these are not a passive capacitive stylus.

Update: there are also "dumb active stylus" with no pressure sensitivity. According to a review about Teclast X3 Plus, its active stylus is that kind. And it also lacks proper "hover function", that limits its palm rejection experience. /Update.

With a Chuwi tablet you will have to confirm from other owners in your subforum that this overview here is correct, and then buy it somewhere where you can dispute and return it if it doesn't work. And maybe mention here that the overview is with the updates requested still right or wrong?

It's also possible that a tablet screen has a defective active stylus support. You'll have to make a video with screen capture or your hands showing the Chuwi Hipen stylus on your tablet, so that Chuwi believes and knows what the exact symptoms are with the community to consider a possible solution.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4-10-2017 01:17:13 | Show all posts
Edited by emily at 4-10-2017 01:19

Hi, all
i have updated the table from first page,and changed some informations. Please read it again.

Chuwi Hipen H1: only for Chuwi Hi12;
Chuwi Hipen H2: for Chuwi Vi10 Plus/ Chuwi Hi10 Plus/ Chuwi Hi10 Pro;
Chuwi Hipen H3: for Chuwi Hi13, future Chuwi Hi12 tablet (after serai number XXX201704XXX);

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-10-2017 02:27:02 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-9-2017 03:14
As far as I know, if an active pen technology works on the same tablet, it would mean it's the same ...

I would disagree with some details.
I have an H2 pen and hi10 Pro.
The palm rejection did not work. I was very unhappy.
I fiddled with lots of settings, but after I did a screen calibration, it suddenly worked. The difference was amazing.
I do admit, that it is not an active pen. It is just as if you have a very small, very accurate finger.

The claims on the web page for 256 pressure levels do not seem right to me. At least I can see no pressure sensitivity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list