ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General General Chuwi Communication "Best Practices" (Discus ...

Follow Us

General Chuwi Communication "Best Practices" (Discussion)

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-6-2017 10:19:04 View:1230|Reply:22

Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-26-2017 13:11

Maybe first you want an efficient and effective feedback to your inquiry or for a solution to your Chuwi related problem, in general.

In order to get that, there are different ways to reach Chuwi.
There is a need to know what's best for what.

Also general forum "implicit code of conduct" is by default in place by the way people behave and communicate. There are relevant factors:
- Specific situations.
- Personal tendency.
- Unforseen errors or mistakes.
- Etc..

These factors are a mix of interactions between artificial computing systems, like this forum and the client device (mobile or other), and the "human element" that started what's relevant in this case.

Concrete general forum rules according to the "norm" out there, is "no double posting" (I'm in offence in many places). And generally adhering to "acceptable behavior".

In order for everyone involved to contribute to deciding what's feasible, because it affects "everyone" and "needs everyone's" understanding and/or involvement, this thread is as good as any as a starting point for a general consensus.

Edit: clarity + spelling.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-27-2017 12:16:04 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-31-2017 02:56

The following is an example of an attempt as far as I can tell, to lower Chuwi prices and get focus on specific features, based on a partially invalid argument, because of "incomplete information/comparison":

http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... e=1&extra=#pid21089

Just because I'm in the offence of multiple consecutive postings, doesn't mean it's a good style nor does it mean that I'm encouraging it. That was not my intention. This thread is a "demonstration" of that. The discussion hasn't even started.

Also a number of times choosing the correct subforum can be tricky. Honest mistakes are understandable.

But figuring out or choosing the "actual topic" can also be a "challenge".

We might not be doing ourselves or anyone else any favours when we succumb to the chaos in our head or fail to see our views are incomplete.

Edit: As far as double posting, the more "tolerated" reason at least according to @hackerjac feedback, and most of @doodzilla "demonstrations", if there is a lot of feedback, or it's a clear update to a thread thus with a separate post, then "consecutive" posting has an added-value. If I understood correctly.

Edits: fail recovery + addition.

3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-31-2017 02:50:56 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-31-2017 03:03

Official forum rules (sticky thread): Chuwi Forum Rules: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 3820&highlight=Rule

But it doesn't cover further "best practices". I found that reaching Emily directly, but briefly, gets the fastest response for general stuff. Official Chuwi AlieExpress store respond within a day and that's where order inquiries are expected and get on point answers.

There is still no way of knowing what Chuwi is busy with, when it comes to a number of old open issues. And how to best clarify/confirm/reproduce the problem at Chuwi's side and get feedback about what to expect.

Testing all relevant use-cases within the timewindows: official Chuwi AliExpress within 7 days, GearBest DOA within 3 days, other stuff within 45 days (then shipping back not reimbursed). All of this is from memory, and can be a mistaken interpretation on my part. Chuwi is still open for unforseen problems later, when proven with a video and filled in the defective device Excel sheet, that it wasn't because warranty voiding practices.

Upgrading on your own is tempting, but be sure you tested everything that is supposed to work under heavy use, before voiding warranty. Chuwi will still offer repair service, but it comes at a cost, as far as I know.

Edits: clarity + addition.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-3-2017 11:44:46 | Show all posts
@username does not get listed under mentions for the user to know something is requiring their attention. I don't know how mentions work here. The best bet is to reply to someone if it's not a PM, currently that's the clearest way to address someone so far publicly on the forum.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-3-2017 17:40:12 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-31-2017 18:50
Official forum rules (sticky thread): Chuwi Forum Rules: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 3820&h ...

Let me add more context info behind the recently posted "Chuwi Forum Rules".

Emily was contacting me bringing up something about "forum rules". It seems she wanted to publish something official. So as a start, I minimally modified a very short and generic "sample online forum rules" I got from a WikiHow webpage. I expected it to be more modified and appended before publishing, but apparently, most of it was enough for her to publish it already.

I very much agree that much more should be added as the current one only contains "common sense rules" that would apply to basically any online group. Let me share that even I as subforum moderator am left in the dark almost maybe just as often as the standard fellow forum members.

We don't know also exactly how much Emily handles. I also feel a bit "whipped" when it comes to what I can complain about publicly in this forum, 'coz the admin of the Chuwi Tablet facebook page said I had to be more careful with my words as a "partial" Chuwi representative; I think I remember Emily saying the same as well. And now with the Hi10 Plus win, I feel even more compromised when it comes to sharing opinions about Chuwi, hehe. I wish I and the other moderators got some online training on how to use the diff. additional functions of the forums, for one.

But it's good that your talking about improving stuff. So that I and future participants can stand with you in a collective voice. So we can all be less lost in navigating this forum --- to everyone's benefit. Let's try and arrange bit-by-bit all suggestions/concerns so we can push forward to Emily a version 1.1 of the forum rules. To be updated so on and so forth.

Another update: Emily is trying to figure out a system of rewards for our accumulated forum points that keep increasing with every reply and post here in the forums.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-3-2017 17:42:42 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-28-2017 04:16
The following is an example of an attempt as far as I can tell, to lower Chuwi prices and get focus  ...

Yeah it is universally understood that disrespect is MUCH BIGGER offense than double posting, especially unintended double posting. I have been guilty of double posting plenty of times as well. No spam tho.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-3-2017 18:01:55 | Show all posts
I'm gonna forward to Emily the tagging concern on Thursday (after their Chinese All Soul's Day).

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-4-2017 02:24:36 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 4-3-2017 18:01
I'm gonna forward to Emily the tagging concern on Thursday (after their Chinese All Soul's Day).

At least currently when using the Reply button, each user replied to can see where they might want to look by logging in and seeing their overview of replies: http://forum.chuwi.com/home.php?mod=space&do=notice

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-4-2017 02:31:43 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 10:27
doodzilla replied at 4-3-2017 17:42
Yeah it is universally understood that disrespect is MUCH BIGGER offense than double posting, espe ...

What about double posting being perceived as disrespectful and additionaly annoying​..

I got banned once also after calling out the admin in another forum based on a deluded reason in 2011 or so, when I had continual psychosis also in subsequent years (I refused to see that back then, but it's no excuse in principle)
Edit: typo +
Admin here also used double posting as means to show an update in the Moderator recruitment thread.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 10:19:04 | Show all posts
A thread on the forum to organize our own thoughts with the help of others, is necessary, as far as relevant to our interest in a Chuwi product.

-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 4&fromuid=19651

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list