ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 [Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

Follow Us

[Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:4-19-2017 04:27:53 View:2465|Reply:33

Motobot| Post time 4-7-2017 06:19:31 | Show all posts
You can find original TouchSetting.gt in the archive
C:\Recovery\OEM\TouchSetting_original.rar
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 4-7-2017 06:43:31 | Show all posts
typk replied at 4-7-2017 17:13
I updated using your files and followed the read me.

I originally had the install that came with ...

You can try both of TouchSetting.gt and find for yourself wich is better for you.
Both of them are in folder:
C:\Recovery\OEM\
Just copy needfull TouchSetting.gt in C:\Windows\INF\ and reboot your tablet.

Use magic Report

typk| Post time 4-7-2017 07:39:18 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 4-7-2017 06:43
You can try both of TouchSetting.gt and find for yourself wich is better for you.
Both of them are ...

Ok, I will give that a try.

It is strange that it is so much worse, even though the update makes it better for everyone else.

Could this be due to the touch screen in my version being slightly different?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 4-7-2017 07:53:35 | Show all posts
typk replied at 4-7-2017 18:39
Ok, I will give that a try.

It is strange that it is so much worse, even though the update makes ...

Could you tell us how will change the sensitivity with the official install file Chuwi Hi12 Dualboot Windows(TP) for Z8350CPU? I have got the old tablet with Z8300.

Use magic Report

typk| Post time 4-7-2017 08:17:10 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 4-7-2017 07:53
Could you tell us how will change the sensitivity with the official install file Chuwi Hi12 Dualbo ...

Sorry I dont think I understand.

Do you want me to grab the files? The touchscreen sensitivity was very good on the original install.  

Emily told me to reinstall since I had been experiencing unexpected shutdowns in event viewer, but now it isn't usable because I cannot go back to the original.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 4-7-2017 08:44:03 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 4-7-2017 19:46
typk replied at 4-7-2017 19:17
Sorry I dont think I understand.

Do you want me to grab the files? The touchscreen sensitivity w ...

You definitely can go back to the original. Just use my compiled package as bootable USB media only. You have to find original isnstall.wim file from the official Chuwi Hi12 Dualboot Windows(TP) for Z8350CPU package and copy it to my package in Images folder and reflash Windows.

Use magic Report

typk| Post time 4-7-2017 09:09:13 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 4-7-2017 08:44
You definitely can go back to the original. Just use my compiled package as bootable USB media only ...

Worked perfectly.

I would like a clean install to be completely honest, but the touchscreen issue is a deal breaker.

Any method you would like me to follow to find out the differences in the touchscreen? Drivers etc?

Use magic Report

usoska| Post time 4-14-2017 23:16:48 | Show all posts
Hi,

A little note that might help.

Be careful of the USB key you use. At first I used a 32gb key, recognized in windows as mass storage. In Rufus I've had to use ALT+F combination to recognize the key. When you try the procedure with such a device, it fails : the installer format the usb key, not the tablet disk, and can't deploy the W10 image as the source disk has just been formated :-)

I just tried with a more standard 8gb key, works like a charm. At least the first step of the procedure, currently I'm at the W10 preparation process.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 4-18-2017 14:14:17 | Show all posts
typk replied at 4-7-2017 20:09
Worked perfectly.

I would like a clean install to be completely honest, but the touchscreen issu ...
Any method you would like me to follow to find out the differences in the touchscreen? Drivers etc?
Hello typk,
Thanks Emily for new driver. I attached it to my first post.

Use magic Report

Camino| Post time 4-19-2017 04:27:53 | Show all posts
@Motobot

May I ask some support? I created my own Win10 Creators ed. installation files for a clean setup.
I don't have model HI12 but VI10plus with dual boot.

You have given me excellent support for the previous release (Anniver. Ed) and the installation did go without any problems.
But now with this new release (Creators Ed) the script file gives me a error at the end.

I have pinpoint the step where the installation fails and the system gives me some error message "Failed to set recovery information".

w:\windows\system32\reagentc /SetREImage /Path M:\RECOVERY\WINDOWSRE /target w:\windows
if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 echo "Failed to set recovery information" && goto :error

This windowsRE directory should contain the file winre.wim

If I ignore this error and proceed with the installation, then windows 10 continues with the installation on the next reboot.

Did you have also encounter this error when you did create your installation files for HI12?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list