[Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update - page 4 - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 [Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

Follow Us

[Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:7-6-2017 13:40:27 View:9388|Reply:58

FR3D| Post time 5-2-2017 22:33:09 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-2-2017 17:31
Why do people sometimes act so strangely?  Any of your "2 things" could cause the unsuccessful W ...

You're right its the 2nd thing. I think when I clean install Windows it mess up the partitions but I have reflash Android and it seem to be fine now.
In case you're unaware Windows Update can install a firmware update and it brick the tablet. That is why I enable read/write BIOS protection. Check it out here
As for the USB 3 issue the problem is still there.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-2-2017 23:47:44 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 5-3-2017 11:03
FR3D replied at 5-3-2017 09:33
You're right its the 2nd thing. I think when I clean install Windows it mess up the partitions but  ...
In case you're unaware Windows Update can install a firmware update and it brick the tablet.

Relax FR3D. Just FR3D relax.
It's offline clean install (flashing), not an update at all. Any BIOS firmware update is NOT INCLUDED!
The problem that frightened you isn't concern to Windows flashing at all. Moreover, this problem has already been solved more than a year ago!
Usual common sense is enough to avoid self-created problems. Changing settings in the BIOS can damage this tablet more than imaginary threats.

As for the USB 3 issue the problem is still there

Just reflash Android OS first with the choice of the flash.json file. This will return the GPT partitions to its original state simultaneously. Then reflash Windows. There will be no problems.

Use magic Report

FR3D| Post time 5-4-2017 00:37:45 | Show all posts
So I reflash Android with flash.json and then install Windows. For some reason I still get the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" whenever I use the USB 3 port.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-4-2017 02:48:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 5-4-2017 13:53

Which install file did you use to install Windows? You continue to give information in small doses. This dialogue does not help solving problems.

Use magic Report

Keichi| Post time 6-9-2017 00:28:50 | Show all posts
Thank you very much! I spent a day to make the update working. Because forcing update don't worked for me.

Use magic Report

ems4ty| Post time 7-5-2017 19:04:29 | Show all posts
I was able to update to Windows 10 1703 as instructed.  However, my device manager now indicates that an unknown device whos location is: on Intel(R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller does not have a driver.  Can someone point me in the right direction to obtaining the correct driver?  Windows can't find a valid driver.  

TIA...

On a second note, anyone else having problems with now not being able to discover other computers on your local network?  Apparently its a new bug with 1703.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-6-2017 06:44:13 | Show all posts
Hello ems4ty,
It's very strange that you have no the driver because it's included in the install file.
You can install it from the attached ZIP file.
As for the discovery of other computers on the local network, this version of Windows is not particularly different from the others. All versions of Windows, since Windows 8.1 have their unpleasant features in configuring detection on the local network.
But all difficulties are surmountable.
Network and Sharing Center => Change advanced sharing settings
Activate Turn on network discovery and Turn off password protected sharing in all sections as Private, Guest or Public, All networks.
Do this settings in all PCs in your local network.

iai2ce.inf_amd64_fd2e65448ac6d263.zip

47.22 KB, Downloads: 67

Use magic Report

ems4ty| Post time 7-6-2017 11:18:31 | Show all posts
Thank you for the quick response.  

(1)  I downloaded the drivers and unzipped.  I then went to the Device Manager and clicked on the "Update Driver" button on the Unknown Device.  I then pointed to the location of where I unzipped the drivers and it said "Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device.  Windows could not find drivers for your device."  Is there some specific information in the Details Tab of this Unknown Device that may help you identify what this actually is?

(2)  The network discovery has been fixed.  From what I found out, the initial 1703 Release of Windows 10 had a bug that prevented some users (A Lot of Users) from being able to discover network computers.  You could still get to the network computers if you knew their name or IP Address.  This issue appears to have been solved.  There was a Windows Update that looks like it corrected it.

(3)  In addition to item (1) above still not fixed.  Somewhere during this process I now have lost the ability to adjust the screen brightness.  It's at 100%.  There is no radio button anywhere to adjust the screen brightness.  My Display Adapter is as follows if this helps any:
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Driver Provider:   Intel Corporation
Driver Date:  12/15/2015
Driver Version:  20.19.15.4352

Thank you

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-6-2017 13:24:25 | Show all posts
ems4ty replied at 7-6-2017 22:18
Thank you for the quick response.  

(1)  I downloaded the drivers and unzipped.  I then went to the ...

Hello ems4ty,
You wrote earlier
Intel(R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller does not have a driver.

Well, I sent you a driver for Intel (R) Serial IO I2C ES Controller.
Your problem is that you do not know how to work with the IDs of unknown devices.
Give us the exact identifier.
Nobody except you had such problems. Something went wrong with you. Look for your mistakes and check the downloaded install file before flashing Windows again.
Just download the archive with the install file again and check it for a checksum.

Use magic Report

ems4ty| Post time 7-6-2017 13:40:27 | Show all posts
Edited by ems4ty at 7-6-2017 13:45

Device Type: Other Devices
Manufacturer: Unknown

Hardware Ids:
     ACPI\VEN_GCTI&DEV_2355SUBSYS_INTL0000
     ACPI\GCTI2355
     *GCTI2355

Device Instance Path:
     ACPI\GCTI2355\1

BIOS Device Name:
     \_SB.PCI0.I2C3.CAM1

Location Paths:
     ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCIO)#ACPI(I2C3)#ACPI(CAM1)

If I had to guess, its the on board camera driver that is not loading/installed...

Since no one else has ever had a problem, it must be just me....  I followed the steps exactly as indicated, checking the hash and unblocking before unzipping the original download.  I used a good quality usb 3.0 8gb flash drive and had zero problems during the flash.  I can go back and do it over again and start from scratch a second time.  I'll report back if thats okay.  

Thank you for the assistance, it is appreciated.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list