ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 [Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

Follow Us

[Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:6-9-2017 00:28:50 View:3385|Reply:34

FR3D| Post time 5-2-2017 22:33:09 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-2-2017 17:31
Why do people sometimes act so strangely?  Any of your "2 things" could cause the unsuccessful W ...

You're right its the 2nd thing. I think when I clean install Windows it mess up the partitions but I have reflash Android and it seem to be fine now.
In case you're unaware Windows Update can install a firmware update and it brick the tablet. That is why I enable read/write BIOS protection. Check it out here
As for the USB 3 issue the problem is still there.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-2-2017 23:47:44 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 5-3-2017 11:03
FR3D replied at 5-3-2017 09:33
You're right its the 2nd thing. I think when I clean install Windows it mess up the partitions but  ...
In case you're unaware Windows Update can install a firmware update and it brick the tablet.

Relax FR3D. Just FR3D relax.
It's offline clean install (flashing), not an update at all. Any BIOS firmware update is NOT INCLUDED!
The problem that frightened you isn't concern to Windows flashing at all. Moreover, this problem has already been solved more than a year ago!
Usual common sense is enough to avoid self-created problems. Changing settings in the BIOS can damage this tablet more than imaginary threats.

As for the USB 3 issue the problem is still there

Just reflash Android OS first with the choice of the flash.json file. This will return the GPT partitions to its original state simultaneously. Then reflash Windows. There will be no problems.

Use magic Report

FR3D| Post time 5-4-2017 00:37:45 | Show all posts
So I reflash Android with flash.json and then install Windows. For some reason I still get the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" whenever I use the USB 3 port.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-4-2017 02:48:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 5-4-2017 13:53

Which install file did you use to install Windows? You continue to give information in small doses. This dialogue does not help solving problems.

Use magic Report

Keichi| Post time 6-9-2017 00:28:50 | Show all posts
Thank you very much! I spent a day to make the update working. Because forcing update don't worked for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list